I Think I Was Spoiled

Tomi-Rocket

Just a few ideas.....

How about the Wilderness Lodge? I have to say, I've never stayed there but it's the least expensive of all the deluxe hotels. Another option would be a family suite at the All-Star Music. And like another poster - we loved the Pop Century, especially my kids who were 8 & 4 the time we went. I think your kids would really enjoy the atmosphere of the Pop.

Just a few ideas for ya....:wave:

enchanted_belle

My parents absolutely refuse to stay anywhere but Poly now... and seeing as I haven't stayed there yet (they're rude and have gone without me the past two years. Something about paying my own way if I want to go :shrug: lol), I don't understand them for it. But I swear by the moderates, much to their annoyance. :lol:

They've threatened to come join my friends and me on my trip next year, which we get to stay in a villa thanks to the rent's vacation package. But, even though we'd have a 2 bedroom suite, DM refuses to stay with us. "Just look for us at Poly, your dad will be on his third helping of Tonga Toast"

jim1051

first trips in the 80's were to Contemorary and Poly. Since then my wife compares anywhere we stay to this standard and is often disappointed.

In 1999 we bought DVC, now the whole family including grand daughters 3,5,8,and 11 are "spoiled" as you say.

We just love having the living room/kitchen etc. even though you just sleep.

We usually nap/rest in the afternoons so the extra space really helps.

I would rather go less frequently than have to "downsize"

That's just me. I hate to have to scrimp on vacations.

chrissyw14

Look at the Swan and Dolphin, you still get all the great WDW perks of staying on property, its very close to epcot and hollywood studios you can get there by boat which is fun and saves time. they are deluxe resort quality and half the price!

mpeters

Original Poster
I will have to definitely look into the Wilderness Lodge. It sounds like it may be the next best thing to the POLY. Hopefully my wish for the POLY will come true...........

COME ON POWERBALL!!!!! (I guess i should start playing if i want to win:brick:)

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
As someone who has never had the opportunity to stay at the Poly, but enjoys the resort, I am very envious of your past trips and adventurers. Whenever we go down I like to stay at Old Key West, but whenever my parents won't let me borrow their points that doesn't happen. So we stay where ever we can as long as its not a dump

devoy1701

Look at the Swan and Dolphin, you still get all the great WDW perks of staying on property, its very close to epcot and hollywood studios you can get there by boat which is fun and saves time. they are deluxe resort quality and half the price!

except they lack the Immersive Disney feeling that the other resorts have. I have stayed at the Swan, and though I liked it, it felt like a cold off-property resort and the employees also lack that extra "Disney" feeling.

After staying here we decided that we would most likely stay at a Moderate resort with it's extra theming and even cheaper rates then stay at the S&D again.

WeLoveTheMouse

We too have been spoiled by the poly. As a family we have decided to go less often and stay at a nicer hotel, although I often question our decision.

I've often contemplated the same kind of decision- should we go less days and stay somewhere nicer? (We have always stayed at values.) My wife and I are in strong agreement that we'd much rather enjoy a 11-12 night vacation at the POP than 4-5 nights at the Poly(and we'd still save $$$ in that scenario). Hotel is important, but its just a part of the overall picture.

That said, since we're saving some $$$ by driving we decided to stay 7 nights at AKL(with free dining) this year and then 5 at POP. So maybe my viewpoint will change, I guess we'll find out!

quirkle

I have stayed with my 2 kids at Poly, CBR. POFQ and FW Cabins. I so love POFQ - the boats to Downtown Disney and access to more than one theme pool is great. It is small and very well themed.

Poly is Poly but the rooms are really smaller (trying to help you our:)) We love boat to MK and the views but I agree that being at WDW is being at WDW and memories are made regardless of what resort you stay at.

All that being said - the Cabins were really a whole different experience - when we stayed there we barely even went in the parks since there was so much to do there!

Since we are winning Powerball tonight I guess I can pick whatever we want!!:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom