I sure hope SOMETHING is announced next weekend!

djkidkaz

Original Poster
I mean, were back talking about river country again for gosh sakes! This board needs a shot in the arm with some new WDW projects to discuss!

Come onnn AK expansion....!!

Kamikaze

Out of all possibilities, I would rate an AK expansion at the least likely.

Well, maybe slightly higher than the announcement of the return of Michael Eisner.

RSoxNo1

August 19th is the date to circle on your calendars. That's when the parks and resorts presentation is taking place at the D23 Expo.

Lee gave us some insight on what to expect
  • New Daytime Parade for the Magic Kingdom
  • Significant Refurbishment to Fantasmic

There very well may be other surprises, but my expectations are that we would be more likely to see ride throughs of the already announced attractions instead of a new ride.

switts

August 19th is the date to circle on your calendars. That's when the parks and resorts presentation is taking place at the D23 Expo.

Lee gave us some insight on what to expect
  • New Daytime Parade for the Magic Kingdom
  • Significant Refurbishment to Fantasmic

There very well may be other surprises, but my expectations are that we would be more likely to see ride throughs of the already announced attractions instead of a new ride.

This has been marked on my calendar for awhile. Hopefully it wont be something small. I am hoping for big announcements.

Disday

Disney has to understand that a lot of people are coming to the D23 event for the scoops. They want exciting announcements that are made exclusively during the event. If they just retread what they've already announced, the next event may have disappointing attendance numbers.:)

Kamikaze

Disney has to understand that a lot of people are coming to the D23 event for the scoops. They want exciting announcements that are made exclusively during the event. If they just retread what they've already announced, the next event may have disappointing attendance numbers.:)

If they don't have anything to announce, its difficult for them to do so.

NMBC1993

Idk maybe it's just me but I am under the impression that they could say they're refurbishing a bathroom stall and people would get excited about it because they're at D23. I forget who said it but I felt the same way when I saw the Fantasyland expansion. I saw people crying over what they were presenting and after it was all over, all I could think was "wait, that's it?".

Kamikaze

Idk maybe it's just me but I am under the impression that they could say they're refurbishing a bathroom stall and people would get excited about it because they're at D23. I forget who said it but I felt the same way when I saw the Fantasyland expansion. I saw people crying over what they were presenting and after it was all over, all I could think was "wait, that's it?".

Thats because the FLE leaked, in detail, months before the first D23 Expo.

bhg469

I was wondering if this will be streaming on the internet anywhere? I look forward to this but place it 3rd behind the E3 keynotes followed by Google I/O :) Other than that I am riveted!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I was wondering if this will be streaming on the internet anywhere? I look forward to this but place it 3rd behind the E3 keynotes followed by Google I/O :) Other than that I am riveted!

It'll be on youtube within an hour of it occurring. It was last time. We were there and by the time we had walked back to the Disneyland Hotel, I logged online, and there it was.

Disday

I was wondering if anyone has read the fall edition of D23 magazine. They advertised an "exhilarating hint at the park's future" - lol. What was that all about?:)

sksowell

Yes the excitment is building. I can't wait to hear what they have to announce - they set the bar high with the announcements last time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom