I strongly disagree with the closure of the great movie ride and the new direction of Hollywood Studios

MAGICFLOP

Words can't begin to describe how heartbroken I am at the closure of the Great Movie Ride. Some might argue that it was behind the times and that the movie references are old and people can't relate to them anymore - but isn't that the point?!?! To EDUCATE, to REMEMBER, to APPRECIATE the great actors, directors, movies that were cornerstones in getting us to where we are today? Mary Poppins, Indiana Jones, Tarzan, The Wizard of Oz, Casablanca -

Moral of the story - DON'T FIX WHAT'S NOT BROKEN guys, and don't forget to embrace and appreciate history.. because it got us to where we are today.

While all that you say is spot on, that is not there agenda RE EDUCATE, FORGET and LACK of APPRECIATION is what they are pushing. If one puts their mind to it, what are they accomplishing why ditching the GMR? Forget what Hollywood put out in the past, the greatest movies ever made were Star Wars, Frozen and Avatar, with CGI taking over acting, stunts and well written scripts. If you compare Movies made today, to Movies made 5 years ago, the greatness continues.. If compared to the 40's and 50's oops lets not do that..

spock8113

But isn't Star Wars the past? 1977? Avatar? that's just a redo of one of the best movies, Dances With Wolves, only in Outer Space.
I believe Avatar was made before Disney acquired Cameron's work?
I paid to see "Gus"...........OY!................Google it (verb).
Frozen, great kids movie but Let It Go. Pete's Dragon (1977-same year as Star Wars) was a gradual success, but the new one.....wellllllll.....
And please don't push John Carter or Mars Needs Moms.
Disney has bought successful movie franchises and is molding it to their vision while wringing every last plotline and dollar out of their investment.
That reminds me, where is National Treasure III - liked those.
Yep, GCI is filling everything with more superpowers, capes, car chases, ridiculous fight scenes and hyper-explosions. It IS a different audience.
It's a simple matter of "pushing" today for profit while holding the line on production cost.
No audience today would sit through a movie musical. That audience and genre are passed, but there are those out there.
Audiences today seem easier to please which makes movies easier to make, or maybe the other way around?
I enjoyed Dr. Evil and Mini-me singing Hard Knocks Life (get well Vern Troyer!)

But I seriously digress...back to the past (and Future):
I've put it up here before, but I'll do it again: "RetroDisney®-where memories were created". a total park dedicated to the re-situation and reopening of old removed rides.

And Goofyernmost, I would tell you to say what I repeat and they said in Monty Python and the Holy Grail (another classic),
"I'm not dead yet!"

PS-EPCOT IS a Worlds' Fair and Animal Kingdom Izzazu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom