I Should Have Known Better, or, My Meal at Tokyo Dining

BASS

Disney dining plays it very safe. They are trying to appeal to a very, very wide base of palates. I can't say I blame them.

There are probably folks from less urbanized parts of the country that don't have a sushi place anywhere in sight. They can go to Disney World and go to Japan and try a very "safe" form of sushi just to say they did it.

OneofThree

I haven't been to the Yachtsman, but is the steak really the same quality as a Longhorn? The filet at Flying Fish is vastly superior to a Longhorn or Outback steak and it seems strange they'd get lower quality meat than another restaurant across the boardwalk for what is supposed to be a signature steakhouse. Maybe it's just prepared poorly there.

Also, Longhorn and Outback steaks really aren't bad for the price. Certainly wouldn't rate them as A steaks, but there are much worse steaks out there. I think, price factored in, the worst steak I've ever had is at Ruth's Chris (twice!). The best is a harder pick, but likely it'd be at either the Angus Barn in Raleigh, NC, Bones in Atlanta, GA, or Bistro 90 in Longs, SC (essentially Myrtle Beach -- I was as surprised as anyone, but they have A+ quality meat there and they will freshly cut you whatever you'd like). Flying Fish's steak isn't quite at that level, but quite good.

Last trip to YS: For some reason, they couldn't cook either mine or my wife's filet to order. The sides could have been very good if not destroyed by copious amounts of salt (and I'm not at all averse to salty food). The lobster lacked flavor and had a texture more akin to vulcanized rubber. The onion soup and cheese board were good. Our server was. . .nice.

Hockey89

Last trip to YS: For some reason, they couldn't cook either mine or my wife's filet to order. The sides could have been very good if not destroyed by copious amounts of salt (and I'm not at all averse to salty food). The lobster lacked flavor and had a texture more akin to vulcanized rubber. The onion soup and cheese board were good. Our server was. . .nice.
Mine was so odd the last two times. The quality has dipped at some places

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom