I Pod touch & BCV

dvcnut39

My wife recently bought me an I Pod touch. My question is- Will my I Pod automatically pick up the internet while we are in Beach Club or do I have to change some settings?

Sorry for being so ignorant about these new gadgets, but I am getting old.

Thanks in advance.

Goofygirl07

If the net is free and has pretty good signal strentgh then it should connect automatically. But sometimes you have to go through your settings to wifi to see if there are any available networks. Most of the time a lot of the networks are locked.

hope this helps!

Upvote 0

MissM

There are no free open WiFi networks at any park or resort. A select few resorts have WiFi for fee in certain areas (such as lobbies but not rooms) but even that requires $9.95/day charge. I do not know if you could accept the fee on a Touch or not. It depends on the billing set-up most likely.

Sadly, as a Touch owner myself, I wish there were WiFi networks in WDW too but they simply don't exist.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Disney charges $9.95 per 24 hours' connectivity. Mostly wired throughout the resorts. That won't help you. Some resorts have wifi available in the lobby area, but I don't think wifi is in any of the rooms, unless you happen to have a room near the lobby and get lucky.

Upvote 0

kbmum

If you're a DVC member staying at BCV, you do get free Internet in the room. You can directly connect your computer or, if you need wi-fi, you'll have to bring a wireless router. That's what I did last summer at Kidani Village and I had no problem getting on the Internet with my iPod Touch.

Upvote 0

zjer

Disney considers WiFi a fad and is therefore unwilling to invest in it.

Besides, they are spending their time trying to figure out how to water down the coffee just a little bit more....:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Courtney1188

Besides, they are spending their time trying to figure out how to water down the coffee just a little bit more....:ROFLOL:

A...fad?? Sarcasm, I'm hoping.

They just don't really need to provide free wi-fi, considering that tons of people will stay on-site regardless, especially with extra magic hours and free transportation.

Upvote 0

bhg469

Their resorts are mostly laid out in a way where providing wireless internet would be a huge cost. And as for wifi being a fad.... well its kind of right.. Wimax is great technology and if it catches on will be replacing a lot of things. Aside from that there are a few phones already available that can be used as wifi hot spots and when 4g rolls out there is going to be less difference between that and typical wifi speeds. You need wifi? you'll alread have it in your pocket.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

DH brought his iTouch to the World last October with the same hope, but alas the only place he was able to connect to free wifi was a tiny corner of Innoventions by Kim Possible.

Btw, we would never have wasted Park time playing online except that we were trying to purchase tickets to an opera that was going on sale at that moment as a 80th birthday gift to his mother. Under other circumstances, I'd say "Who needs an iTouch in the Parks?"

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom