I need your help people!

aim

Original Poster
Ok, I've been to the WDWCP site. I would love to hear anything you have to say about it! I'm really considering it. Do I need to sign up for the interview? Or just show up? Or what? Help people! Help!

aim

Original Poster
I just realized that when I wanted to apply for (the Spring time), I would have to miss time in January! I have to be home to crown the basketball homecoming queen for 2004. And I really doubt I could miss time from the CP like that. :cry: How upsetting. :(

bamboo7

Originally posted by WDW*babe
I just realized that when I wanted to apply for (the Spring time), I would have to miss time in January! I have to be home to crown the basketball homecoming queen for 2004. And I really doubt I could miss time from the CP like that. :cry: How upsetting. :(

when in january are these events that you don't want to miss? Your cp would most likely start in mid january if that helps, not early january. You get to choose from a few different days, to check in. you could just choose the latest check in dates available.

aim

Original Poster
I'm not sure when it is, it could be near the beginning...or jan 30. or even in feb. I emailed the person in charge to find out.

Another question, does the CP cost anything?

aim

Original Poster
That's what I thought. That's too awesome! The more reason to try it out! If I can.

bamboo7

I'm not sure when it is, it could be near the beginning...or jan 30. or even in feb. I emailed the person in charge to find out.

Another question, does the CP cost anything?

and you aren't working for free or anything. you do get paid. not a ton of money, but enough to pay your rent, buy your food, pay your cell phone bill, and have a little spending money for fun and stuff each week.

kal1484

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
Plus $60 deposit/activity fee.

yeah yeah yeah.....i was going on major cost, cuz you also have books, the rent each week, and all the other things you're gunna need...

aim

Original Poster
GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!! I talked to my mom (the parent in charge :lol: ) and she said she would rather have me do the CP than actually moving down there! So.............................I'm going to the interview!!!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy: Let's just pray that the dates w/the homecoming and stuff works out! :sohappy:

MicBat

:sohappy: I'm so glad you're taking the wdwcp into consideration, Aimee! From what you told me last night, you, like me, have always wanted to work/live at WDW and now is our chance!! Good luck in your interview and I'm sure you'll get in! Most likely, since your driving to get to the presentation, you'll be interviewing that night, so come prepared.

aim

Original Poster
Thanks Jonnie! I'm SO excited! I will more than likely be going to the one on November 10. There's one the next week, but that's finals week! :lol: Ok, since I'm going to the interview, what can I expect?

DisneyJill

Thanks Jonnie! I'm SO excited! I will more than likely be going to the one on November 10. There's one the next week, but that's finals week! :lol: Ok, since I'm going to the interview, what can I expect?

There's a couple of threads in the CP/Employment area that go into a looooot of detail about questions that they ask and what to wear, etc...Check those out for specifics, I can't remember what they're called off the top of my head. Basically, just expect them to ask you questions about previous work experience, why you like/want to work for Disney, guest service scenarios, etc...I also drove to another school for my interview and they interviewed me that day. Most people say business casual is okay for dress, but I wore a black suit jacket, black pants and a white blouse and they actually thanked me for dressing up and taking the interview so seriously, so my recommendation is if you have a suit, wear it. They'll appreciate the effort. Don't be nervous, they're really easy to talk to and they write the entire time you're interviewing, so don't let that make you nervous, either. Expect to interview with 1-3 other people. They should ask you individual questions, it's not a competition, just a way to shuttle people thru faster. And above all, most important, SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!!! If you smile, they'll smile back and that gives you SO much more confidence. Good luck, I hope to see you in January!!!! :wave:
Feel free to IM me on AIM with any other questions: JillKelly1091

aim

Original Poster
DOH! :hammer: I got so excited about this, I forgot to do a search! :lol: Thanks for the links!

aim

Original Poster
I have another question that I didn't find on the other links. The Presentation and the Interview, is there anything I will need to pay very close attention to during the presentation? I mean, I know I have to pay close attention the whole time, but anything special?

Also, roughly, how many people attend the presentation? I will be going to OSU for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom