I need your feedback, please! Can I ride EE

rlaeromech

O.K. fellow Disney lovers, I need your help. I'll be back at the World in 2008, and I am debating if I can ride EE. I'm not to good on roller coasters, but I can ride Splash mountain, and Thunder mountain with no problem. I'm leary about going backwards on EE. What are your thoughts? My wife said its a great ride and I can handle it, but I don't know. Please be honest with me. I don't want to come of EE and be sick for my day at DAK.

:wave:

I have heard of some earplugs that frequent flyers use to eliviate motion sickness and a friend of mine uses them on EE and she says they work. Might be worth a try. Its a great ride and I love rollercoasters. That backwards part gives me the sensation that I am about to go upside down and I love it but it can get me a bit ill.

lilclerk

Everest is more intense than Big Thunder. It just is. I cannot comprehend anyone thinking that it is comparable. I love Big Thunder. I did not love Everest. I felt a little sick after riding it.

I definitely agree with this. My boyfriend loves Big Thunder, but I told him not even to bother trying Everest. He hates the drop in Splash and was horribly grumpy the rest of the day after we did The Mummy in Universal.
Me, I love Splash and Everest and pretty much all other rides, but Big Thunder scares me a bit. I'll ride it, but I don't feel secure in the train and get thrown around. Not great. In Disneyland, I sat by myself on it and was horrified because I was sliding all over the place.

righttrack

If you do decide to ride, my advice is simple:

1. Do not close your eyes. This is disorienting, and will only add to any disorientation you will feel.

2. Drops. Drops are felt as a change in speed, not a constant. If a ride stops or slows, and then drops, the drop will be more intense. If it is a constant speed, ie RNRRC, its not felt. So I imagine Everest's drop will be felt, much like Splash's is, for that reason.

Lucky

I'm not a coaster person either, but I like EvEx. It's a fast but smooth ride. Not as jerky as BTMRR, or even Space Mt. Sure it goes backwards, but it's not like you're going upside down.

dandaman

Splash Mountain certainly feels more intense than Everest's drop, IMO.

...For that reason, try not sitting in the back. The very front gives you a great view so you can see what's coming and prepare for it... but it's also the most intense for the backwards portion of the ride.

...In short, I guess you should ride in the 3rd car or so. :lookaroun :p

rob45

Original Poster
Thanks fellow WDW lovers for the great feedback! After reading all your replies, I'm thinking about taking some ginger root and GOING FOR IT! You guys are the best and once again thanks! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom