I need help please!!!

Disneydreamer23

• Ok so let me start by saying HI My name is Beth and I am in quite a problem. I am 23 DH 24 I went to Disney world as a child up until i was 5 or 6 at age 18 I started going again I went 3 x a yr in 2008 2009 2010 and once in 2011 and once in 2012. I have stayed at the POP every time except once when I could ONLY get into ASSports. I was going to Disney in Sept2013 but then found out 2 months ago we were expecting due in June, We decided to change it and not cancel since we wouldnt be going for at least 2 years. We are going Feb 15-20th With the delux dining plan. Now here is the tricky part. It only cost me 100.00 more to go from VALUE to Moderate staying @ Carribean Beach. I told my husband and he was so excited he always wanted to stay there. Now that i think about it i dont know if i am happy with my decision. i LOVE the POP I Love the huge statues the feeling of being a child when I am there and the atmosphere. Im trying to not talk my self out of CB for my husbands sake but I have such great memories at The POP with my parents my sister and where I stayed for my Honeymoon. Has any one ever felt like this and tried a different resort and loved/ or hated it? Im afraid the magic wont be there for me and I go for the Magic. I need help please !!!

NewfieFan

We always stayed at AS Music but then my husband wanted a change and we tried CBR. I was a little nervous because ASMu felt like home and it was the only resort we had ever stayed at. All our first memories with the children were there as well. Then I read horror stories about the bussing and how spread out CBR is and to be honest I was wondering if I made a mistake and should have just stuck with what I know and love.

Well, we fell in love with CBR and had a wonderful vacation. I loved the tropical theme and bright colors. The pool area is amazingly themed for a mod. resort and the kids play area is quite nice (I know this is not important to you... yet;) ). The food court was fine and I actually enjoyed coming home and eating there some evenings. The resort is huge but we never felt like we had far to walk. We stayed in Jamaica and the walk through Caribbean Cay was quite lovely. We also had a bus stop next door and we were usually the first dropped off. And except for one very busy night at the MK, I don't have a complaint in the world about the bussing.

The extra sink in the bathroom and the bigger vanity area is a nice bonus as well!

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

If anything we would rather try new things. So many times with us it seems like you have a great experience and then try to go back and re-live it only to find out that it does not measure up to the memory you have. I would embrace new experiences in the interest of broadening your horizons. This is just the way we look at it but everyone is different.

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

Oh yes, I do this all the time in life. Something sounded like a great idea at the time and the second thoughts creep in almost immediately. And no matter what any of us tell you, if you decide to stay with CBR, you will most likely worry about the decision all the way up until check-in. In this instance, I say stay with CBR and give it a shot (and try not to worry to excess about your decision.) First of all, your husband sounds thrilled at the chance to stay there (a big plus.) Second, it is a moderate resort and you got it for only $100 (good deal.) We all have had to bite the bullet and make a reservation at a different resort just to test the waters. That is how all of us can say we liked one moderate or deluxe over another, etc. You rarely hear any of us say we HATED a resort; we just like another one more for various reasons. Stay with the CBR and look forward to a new resort! ;) I've stayed there many times; I don't think you will be disappointed.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Our first visit to WDW was 4th of July 2011 and we stayed 4d/3n at POP in the 60's part right by the pool and on the end where the laundry and the bar were and it was a great stay. The next visit was in Oct during the F&W and we stayed at CBR. Was kind of disappointed in the long walk to the food court and the overall property, except really loved the hammocks on the beach.. and there are lots of quiet pools...If I were choosing between POP and CBR and the price difference was only $100, I would take CBR for the hammocks on the beach.. but it is a different atmosphere from POP.. and keep in mind I really did not care much for CBR but for the money, I think you should try it and definitely relax in one of those hammocks on the beach, in fact tell them you want a building near the beach where the hammocks are, I think the area was called Jamaica, the bus stop is close too...

Upvote 0

Britt

It's time for a change :D You'll love it and you know he'll love it! It will matter very little where you're laying your head when you're at the World :D

Upvote 0

javy2004

i say go for it. especially considering you have a bun in the oven. there'll be many more trips after this one in your future i imagine. be adventurous :D

Upvote 0

PixieAngelo

If you are pregnant, it may be a long walk for the lobby/food court to your room and back. Plus, I don't think the bus stops are covered and it is still quite sunny down here. The first resort I ever stayed at with my family was CBR and it is lovely, not at spread out and certainly more understated than POP. I think you will get plenty of Magic from the sights, sounds, smells and experiences of being in the parks over being around a giant yo-yo or bowling pin. If you need any free in booking your room, renting a stroller, delivering diapers and snacks and taking care of your ADRs, please let me know. Have fun and congrats on the addition!

Upvote 0

s&k'smom

Congratulations on your baby. I would go with CBR and if you check in online request a room near the food court that way it won't be such a walk. Baby's first trip, have fun shopping for baby stuff there.

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

Plus, I don't think the bus stops are covered and it is still quite sunny down here.

This made me go "wha!?" I was never at CBR but have been to all of the other mods either staying there or passing through and they all had covered bus stops. I did some searching and came up with this...not sure if every stop at CBR is like this though...

CBR%20Bus%20Stop%2001.jpg

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

Definitely take the upgrade to CBR. We loved POP too, but realized that there was more to a MOD, especially the grounds, food, pools, and rooms. And for the money, well worth it.

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

Add me to the upgrade list. We love to try new things, especially in Disney. Also, it's Disney so how bad can it be. You have a chance to make some brand new memories so go for it.

congrats!!

Upvote 0

thomas998

Sorry but your worry is a bit like expecting a McDonald's burger and then finding out your going to get a filet mignon instead... Your only real worry should be after staying in the CBR will you ever be willing to settle for the POP again, and if not how much more will it cost me in the future.

Sorry, but I've stayed in one of the values once and we decided that never again would we do it... if we can't get into a moderate we will stay off site... Aside from the Disney theme the values are really pretty low quality hotels... you'll be very pleased at CBR.... If you do get stuck into one of the very furthest rooms from the main area then I wouldn't expect to make many trips there for snacks and drinks, it is quite a walk... but there are pools throughout the resort so you can enjoy those even if you are way out in the boonies.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom