I met Joe Rohde

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
ill have to look out for him next week...... funny, the one place that id love to meet him is the Rose and Crown over a pint.

-SIR-

I met Joe last year around this time at the Adventurers Club. He does seem to like the pubs :p but then again so do I! He is a really great guy... not too mention brilliant!

vmkaddict

Original Poster
ill have to look out for him next week...... funny, the one place that id love to meet him is the Rose and Crown over a pint.

Was very cool.......almost closing time and my wife comes to the patio from the restroom and says.....Joe Rhode is sitting inside the bar, I thought she was pulling my leg......sure enough there he was. I hated to bother him, but he was very friendy. I need to take a pic of his autograph, it's a piece of art, a bit of a self portrait. The only thing I had was a crayon the the Rose and Crown menu :lol: , he pulled out a Sharpie :lol: :sohappy:

pacochran

What a great trip maker. I would really like to meet him to, problem is I'm watch so many other things going on I'd probably walk right by him, without even knowing it.

Penny

:wave: I will be there Monday. It would be a dream come true for me to meet him and let him know how much of I adore him!! Did he happen to say how long he will be in the world? When I'm there I will be keeping my eyes open for him.:lookaroun :wave: Thanks!

maelstrom

Awesome. I'd like to meet him. And I think he's the one Imagineer who I couldn't miss, with all that ear jewelry and whatnot.

vmkaddict

Original Poster
thats cool, you didnt get to ask him anything about upcoming attractions did ya, maybe.
I didnt ask too many questions, he seemed to be brainstorming with 3 other guys and I felt a bit awkward interupting him. I just told him how great EE is and what a thrill it was to meet him, he did help ease the fears of my cousin who was with me, she ended up going on EE the next day and loved it.:sohappy:

jedimaster1227

I would love to spend 5 minutes inside his head....can you imagine the ideas that must be in there! I can't even begin to imagine what someone like him would do with an unlimited budget.

A guy like Joe Rohde would:

Build an animal themed Disney park that was supposed to have a mythic beast themed land but was pulled out of the budget at last minute. Then, years after the park was beginning to lose guests, he would create a giant mountain based on one of the most famous mountains in the world and let you get close to the Yeti.

Now that is what a guy like Joe Rohde would do with an unlimited budget! :lol:

Congradulations on meeting one of my favorite Imagineers (next to Tony Baxter and Walt Disney himself).

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I Got an autograph and a picture with Joe Rohde (imagineer extraordinaire) last week at the Rose & Crown. What an amazingly nice guy. It made my trip.:sohappy:

I bet. That's so cool.

Cool! But does it seem to anyone else that he's going a wee bit far on the ear-rings?

I think he already gone there ! :lol:

Was very cool.......almost closing time and my wife comes to the patio from the restroom and says.....Joe Rhode is sitting inside the bar, I thought she was pulling my leg......sure enough there he was. I hated to bother him, but he was very friendy. I need to take a pic of his autograph, it's a piece of art, a bit of a self portrait. The only thing I had was a crayon the the Rose and Crown menu :lol: , he pulled out a Sharpie :lol: :sohappy:

Yes, i'm sure alot of us would love to see it, I know I would.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom