I met a really strange chap at Disney, have you?

BiffyClyro

Haha oh god! Those situations are the worst! Especially because you don't want to be rude, but you just don't want to talk to them.

I once had an incident with a guy trying to chat me up before the Nemo show started. I was about 16 and a bit more socially awkward than i am now at the time too, and just didn't know how to handle the situation. I was saving seats for my parents and he started asking me ridiculous questions. His parents were even calling from lower down on the bench and he was just ignoring them. It was the most uncomfortable 5 minutes of my life. :eek::oops:

YoungNY

LOL! Thanks for the laugh. I laughed till I cried at the illegals in typhoon lagoon. I really hope I have the privilege of meeting "John" one day. I'd totally play along and see how far he'd take it.

juniorthomas

I was over in Orlando for a few days doing something for my dad (not a vacation) but luckily got a day spare so popped into the Magic Kingdom by myself. I was enjoying myself and decided to have a spot of lunch at Cosmic Rays. Anyhow as I was eating my burger this gentleman approached me, smiled and asked if I minded him sharing my table. I found it odd as there were other empty tables, but said "no, not at all" and he sat down. After a bit of polite chat about myself I asked him what brought him to Disney that day? And then the fun began :lookaroun

"Actually I own Disney World but don't tell everyone or they'll be wanting free stuff from me" was his reply. I sat there in that moment where you realise that there's something strange going on and thinking "why me and how do I get out of this". He then continued to explain that he was a Disney family member and that even though it was a secret, he really owned the company but didn't want the fame and so only told those he felt were "honest Disney guests" who he sensed "wouldn't tell". He seemed harmless enough so I politely chatted whilst planning my emergency escape route and wondering how effective my plastic knife would be if it came to blows (I decided not very and decided mustard in the eyes would do more damage).

Then as I finished my burger he insisted he get me a free desert. I agreed as I thought this would be interesting and he walked to a staff member at the till. He quietly spoke to them and they took no money and motioned him to the counter where he collected two cakes and brought them over! He said he gets everything free as he owns it all anyway and I began to wonder if I was on a hidden camera show. He then proceeded to warn me of the illegal immigrants that lived at Typhoon Lagoon but not to worry as the army were being brought in at night to hunt them down and flush them out. After finishing my cake I thanked him but said I really had to go and he then said "Here you go and enjoy my parks" and handed me six 'Anytime fast passes'. I thanked him and left bewildered and to my amazement discovered all six were accepted that afternoon, no questions asked :eek:

So if a Jesus lookalike calling himself 'John' approaches you in the parks, you never know, you may get a free desert and fast passes (or possibly murdered, it could go either way) :wave:

dean-what-gif.gif

Soarin2u

Hmmm, I was thinking, what part of the family would he be? He can't be a son or brother of Disney. Was he one of his daughters husbands or, did Roy have a son? I can't see very many possible places where he could be an actual part of the Disney family........

ddrongowski

I was over in Orlando for a few days doing something for my dad (not a vacation) but luckily got a day spare so popped into the Magic Kingdom by myself. I was enjoying myself and decided to have a spot of lunch at Cosmic Rays. Anyhow as I was eating my burger this gentleman approached me, smiled and asked if I minded him sharing my table. I found it odd as there were other empty tables, but said "no, not at all" and he sat down. After a bit of polite chat about myself I asked him what brought him to Disney that day? And then the fun began :lookaroun

"Actually I own Disney World but don't tell everyone or they'll be wanting free stuff from me" was his reply. I sat there in that moment where you realise that there's something strange going on and thinking "why me and how do I get out of this". He then continued to explain that he was a Disney family member and that even though it was a secret, he really owned the company but didn't want the fame and so only told those he felt were "honest Disney guests" who he sensed "wouldn't tell". He seemed harmless enough so I politely chatted whilst planning my emergency escape route and wondering how effective my plastic knife would be if it came to blows (I decided not very and decided mustard in the eyes would do more damage).

Then as I finished my burger he insisted he get me a free desert. I agreed as I thought this would be interesting and he walked to a staff member at the till. He quietly spoke to them and they took no money and motioned him to the counter where he collected two cakes and brought them over! He said he gets everything free as he owns it all anyway and I began to wonder if I was on a hidden camera show. He then proceeded to warn me of the illegal immigrants that lived at Typhoon Lagoon but not to worry as the army were being brought in at night to hunt them down and flush them out. After finishing my cake I thanked him but said I really had to go and he then said "Here you go and enjoy my parks" and handed me six 'Anytime fast passes'. I thanked him and left bewildered and to my amazement discovered all six were accepted that afternoon, no questions asked :eek:

So if a Jesus lookalike calling himself 'John' approaches you in the parks, you never know, you may get a free desert and fast passes (or possibly murdered, it could go either way) :wave:

And..... Then you woke up!;) Right?

ddrongowski

I never ran into John but the first time I was at SWW, in line to meet Luke this lady came up to me and said stop staring at her husband. I said sorry because I wasn't staring at anyone and she just walked away but was hanging around the M&G area. I got closer and she came back and said the same thing then left before I could say anything. This lady was watching everybody during the M&G and I actually felt akward having my picture taken with Luke. On the way out I asked a CM who she was. They told me "That's Linda. Ignore her." Now if I see her I try to avoid her.
After reading some of these type replies, I am convinced that WDW is an insane asylum that they turned into a theme park. I am going to have to reevaluate ,But I do not want to take my meds right now,if I really want to go there.

ddrongowski

Different but related question -- I have seen, and I have heard other people mention, a guy that hangs around the WDW dressed up as Cap. Jack Sparrow. If approached, he'll decline to take photos, do autographs, etc. and indicates that he's not a cast member, but how do you get into the parks looking like that? I thought that was against Disney's rules?

Anyone have any intel on this dude?
Again it is an insane asylum that is disguised as a theme park. He is not getting in, it is that they are not letting him out.... At least that is part of my forming theory.

Figments Friend

How did he get six anytime Fastpasses? :confused:
He might have received them from a CM friend....
;)

It happens.
It is good to know folks who work at the Parks.
Last time i was in town visiting with someone at DHS with friends, i was slipped a large handful to share among us. The leftovers were passed on to a few lucky Guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom