I like to think of myself as young-at-heart...

luv

Original Poster
...a progressive(ish) woman who keeps up with the times (some) and remembers what it's like to be a child or be raising one. I like kids!

But when a teen stands at my door, no costume, kind of balancing his pillowcase in his third and pinky fingers - in my general direction while he STANDS THERE TEXTING and doesn't speak or even look up...

Four seconds is about all I can tolerate before closing the door on him.

Honestly. Maybe I'm getting too old, but I just cannot deal with that.

What are these children thinking and who is raising them??? Humpf.

Last edited:

NYwdwfan

...a progressive(ish) woman who keeps up with the times (some) and remembers what it's like to be a child or be raising one. I like kids!

But when a teen stands at my door, no costume, kind of balancing his pillowcase in his third and pinky fingers - in my general direction while he STANDS THERE TEXTING and doesn't speak or even look up...

Four seconds is about I can tolerate before closing the door on him.

In a few years he/she will text in a job interview and then be baffled why no one will hire him/her.

Soarin' Over Pgh

There's a reason why I dump a bag of candy in a bowl and leave it on the porch with a "psycho dog inside do not knock" sign on my door. (She's a beagle who is so vicious she may just lick the skin off your face but she does sound menacing ...close enough) I can't stand that. I don't care if one kid comes and takes the whole bowl, don't bother me! I feel so old sometimes.

I'm 29. :/

While we are talking about kids who can't be bothered at all to even attempt a costume, or mumble a "trick or treat" can we talk about the costumes? A full grown woman got on the bus this morning in a skimpy ...leave nothing to the imagination "costume" and apparently was going to work like that. So uh. Gross. Then there's the young girls who I'm embarrassed to see on the streets with the exact same outfit...or same tiny cut but different design! Yikes!

My mother would have killed me if i left the house looking like that.

sweetpee_1993

We didn't even bother buying candy this year. After a few years of spending good money then having all of 2 kids appear all night...I'm done. I don't need candy laying around here. I don't need it. My kids don't need it. The hubby doesn't need it and if someone fed any of it to my dog I'd rip their fingers off. Call me Scrooge. We kept the porch light off (don't even know if it works) and that was that.

My teenagers stopped trick or treating at 12. That was the cutoff. After that I'd buy them each a sack of their favorite candies. I think this year is the first year I skipped it altogether. Ugh. Mom guilt moment. I'll take them to Target in the morning to pick out a few bags each from the sale stuff.....

kfergdisney

We haven't given out candy in years. Our dogs do not appreciate people ringing our bell all night....
I would have told that teenager, "sorry, out of candy".

epcotisbest

I like to think of myself as a grumpy old fart...four seconds would be about three too many for me.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom