I like My Disney Experience but definitely want to vent about fast passes. Anyone with me?

Bill7702

Today was my FP day. Hopped online and logged in 10 minutes until FP opened. Refreshed at 1-minute and it opened up the ability to make FP. Well, MDE in my browser (Chrome) decided that my family was no longer linked to me. Opened it up in MS Edge - same thing. Opened the app, and it let me make an FP.

I spent the next 45 minutes fighting the app and two browsers. Sometimes it would say that all Fastpasses were gone for all parks on a given day (including freaking November 16 - which is 66 days away). Sometimes my family would disappear (while there are times this seems like it might be nice, FP day is NOT one of them). Sometimes it would say that the FPs I made for a party of 5 were only made for 1. I think I made a grand total of 2 FP through browsers - one each on Chrome and Edge. Every other time there would be an error at some point.

At the end of the day, I got nearly everything I wanted in generally the timeframe I wanted them, but the frustrations of the software were incredible. Hey Disney - instead of pushing an update that lets me shop through MDE, why don't you focus on making it work correctly for ADRs and FP?

So the reason I responded to your post is that I had similar issues with my family not showing as linked through 2 browsers and the app, but then they would come back. For the app, when it happened, I would close out completely then re-open. For the browsers, I would just refresh until they came back. Happy hunting!

ETA: I just went back to the site, and there is this at the top:

View attachment 312258
Today was my FP day also. Going Nov 10th. We have a group of 8 going. Last night everything on MDE was ready to go for today. When I went on today, 4 park tickets were linked and the other 4 weren't. Tried the MDE app on my phone and computer. As of right now (noon), I am not able to get fastpasses. Been on the phone with Disney 3 times. They say there is nothing they can do. Our 8 tickets are still linked to account they say, but only 4 are coming up on MDE under reservations. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Sitting here on hold again. Thanks!

Minnesota disney fan

Andy: I am commenting because I had a similar situation a while ago. The site lost all my husbands fp's and adr's, when we linked my daughter's to ours. I tried to fix it to no avail. Frustrating. Then I called Disney's IT department and they fixed it for me in no time. They were very professional and very helpful. Just give them a call and good luck!

EthylCooper

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that I was making my first trip to Disneyland and happy to be back to same-day fastpasses, so now that I'm back from that trip I wanted to update with that experience.... It was FANTASTIC! I chose to pay the $10 per day to do Maxpass, which included all my photopass downloads in addition to allowing me to reserve the fastpasses on the app, and it was absolutely the best of both worlds. Fastpass slots weren't gone months in advance *and* I could reserve one attraction while I was in line for another. I was able to see everything I wanted to, and a lot of it multiple times. I know people are attracted to the reserving months in advance thing, but this was so much more flexible and efficient.

Princess Leia

I don't entirely mind reserving FP+ in advance on the app or online (minus the insane supply and demand issues at play), but reserving meals 4 months before they happen is a bit ridiculous. Something that I don't particularly care for about FastPass and FP+ is that there are so many attractions that really don't need it.

ColinP29

Yeah FPs are competitive, stressful, and often seem just unfair. For instance, we stay off property bc my parents have a timeshare. I woke up at 7 AM 30 days out and still couldn't get FOP =( I'm sure they were all gone to people staying on property. It almost feels like we are being punished for not staying on property and honestly it does suck. However, FPs are still helpful and still a perk so I'm going with that.

You're not being punished, but people staying at Disney get the perks.

ColinP29

Not staying on Disney property and today was first day I can get fastpasses.

Managed to get two for River Rapids and Safari at Animal Kingdom. All remaining fast passes were gone within 6 minutes

Rapunzel287

Not staying on Disney property and today was first day I can get fastpasses.

Managed to get two for River Rapids and Safari at Animal Kingdom. All remaining fast passes were gone within 6 minutes

You should try again (maybe later today). I've had the same issue yesterday. Obviously there was just something wrong with the system, 15 minutes later there was a larger selection of FP+ available again. :rolleyes:
Good luck!

ColinP29

You should try again (maybe later today). I've had the same issue yesterday. Obviously there was just something wrong with the system, 15 minutes later there was a larger selection of FP+ available again. :rolleyes:
Good luck!

Thanks. They did appear a little bit later so managed to get another one. Still going to be Rope Drop for FOP

Pirate Magic

I don’t like this system at all. What really gripes me is that not everyone in your party wants to go on the same ride you do. I cannot stand the Fastpass+ at all.

MattC

I don’t like this system at all. What really gripes me is that not everyone in your party wants to go on the same ride you do. I cannot stand the Fastpass+ at all.

You are able to make different FPs for everyone in your party. Everybody does not have to have the same FP.

Hayley In Wonderland

I think the system is fair. If all FP's were open to everyone (for example, you could book SDD and RNRC on the same day) it would be unfair to the people who end up missing out. FP's for resort guests open at 60 days, offsite guests open at 30 days. It's to make sure that everyone gets an opportunity to ride something they consider to be a big ride.

Andrew M

This is probably the only thing I don't like about the FP system. What's the point in giving people parkhopper tickets but only allowing them to book FPs for one park?

Yep, same here, other than that I think it's a pretty decent system. Back in the good ol' days before being married and having kids, my brothers and I would love running all over the park to get as many paper FPs as we could. It would be exhausting doing that now with a double stroller in tow..

When I starting going back with a family in 2015 I initially hated that my meals and rides had to be picked out months in advance. However now with 3 kids all under 6, I like that on any given day of the trip, we are guaranteed to go on these rides with minimal wait. I don't have to deal with the kids waiting in long lines and losing their minds. Ideally we'll ride our 3 rides before lunch, eat, and pick up whatever fastpasses we can for the rest of the day. We had a day trip in March with just the wife and kids, and after our initial fastpasses we were pretty much able to do every ride in the park that we wanted to by the end of the day. I know this is impossible on crowded days, but that day it worked out nicely.

Damon7777

I've been gotten much more done than before

Interesting and telling once again.

......Looks to me like another subconscious slip of the keypad which reveals true and accurate feelings.

You (and countless others) talk like it's work or a project instead of talking like it's a sheer enjoyment or coveted entertainment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom