I know it's been said but the pixie dust is going away fast for me.

Britt

I just got back from a trip to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone, in place of Disney and loved it. We made our own magic and memories for less than 1/4 of the cost! And we already decided to go back there, instead of WDW or DL next year!

This is the first time I've read a post like this and actually agreed with you. I love Disney and Im sure we'll go back to the World at some point, but Im realizing there is magic and memories anywhere you're willing to make em, and you dont have to spend thousands to get those.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I just got back from a trip to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone, in place of Disney and loved it. We made our own magic and memories for less than 1/4 of the cost! And we already decided to go back there, instead of WDW or DL next year!

This is the first time I've read a post like this and actually agreed with you. I love Disney and Im sure we'll go back to the World at some point, but Im realizing there is magic and memories anywhere you're willing to make em, and you dont have to spend thousands to get those.

We went to Yellowstone this summer too, it is fabulous! I'm sure I will be back someday soon too. Anyway Disney is still magical to me and I will still go as often as I can but I love seeing other places besides Disney too.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I love WDW.

However the truth is the things I love about it are all the memories that involve my family.
It would be just another place to me if I was walking around the parks alone. I don't care how well they hid their love of my walled and showed much they cared about me and my experience. They could load the place with the best E-Tickets in town and it wouldn't mean a thing if I couldn't share it with my wife and kids.

As others have mentioned, (I'm talking to you @Britt) there are plenty of other places I've been for a tenth of the price of going to WDW that hold memories just as fond and as vivid as WDW.

The thing is "WDW is a nifty place" to paraphrase @rsoxguy , and right now I love that nifty theme park place. I am guilty of using the term, magic bubble etc. but only because it's an easy and concise way to say it's a place that has right amount of everything that my whole family four pack loves and we can all enjoy it together, rides, shows, food, water parks, etc. etc. Not because there is anything truly magical there that my family couldn't find at the beach on the Cape or even spending time together watching a movie.
However -- unlike trying to find that movie that EVERYONE in the family likes, we already know WDW has something that ALL of us LOVE and more and we can all do it together. One of the few things my kids haven't outgrown and still love doing with me and my wife.

So I spent another chunk of change to stay there again this year. Will that happen again next year? The way it's looking maybe not, but who knows?

Do I fault you or anyone else for being disillusioned with the place and wanting to go elsewhere? Heck no.
Do what you feel is right. Do whatever makes you and the family happy. Because that's all that really matters.

AndyS2992

I see what you mean.

The only gripes I have about WDW are:
Magic Kingdom is quickly becoming stale and needs a new E ticket, Tomorrowland makeover and new day and night entertainment.

EPCOT is practically dead, Future World needs a major renovation and expansion, so many placed just closed down and empty eg Imagination, odyssey, Wonders of life, empty buildings in Japan and Germany. Every country needs a ride like Mt Fuji coaster and a few new countries need to be added like Switzerland, Brazil, Thailand, Australia.

DHS needs and expansion and major refurb and AK needs a several large expansions and World of Color type show.

Not really looking forward to FP+ but we'll see.

And overall it has become too expensive for what it has now become.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom