Trip Report I know, Disney is just SO horrible (alternate title: Is there a sign on my scooter?) - COMPLETED

Who: My husband Scott and I
When: May 5th-11th, 2018
Where: Pop Century Resort

This is my first trip report, so please forgive me if I make an trip report faux pas!

DAY 1

Up at 4am to get a morning shower (it's my equivalent of coffee)
got ready and woke hubby up at 430am.

Scott's mom picked us up at 5am to shuttle us to the airport (she's a trooper)! We got to the airport about 530am and we were number one in the queue for Southwest. Sent off our luggage, and we had reserved a wheelchair for hubs because he's disabled, and although he can walk, he can't DISNEY walk, and in the airports we just find it easier. It also allows us to board first on Southwest, so that works out great. But before we got the wheelchair, he wanted to go outside to smoke his pipe for a bit, since we were so early (the flight was at 720am, but I worked for the airlines for 13 years, and you are suppose to be at the airport 2 hours prior to departure... I can't break that habit, and I don't like to feel late!

IMG_0553.jpg

wow, what a wrinkly sleeve!

While we were outside, there was a dude out there dancing and facebook live-ing it.... ok then. You do you dude!

Went back to the Southwest desk to call for a skycap with a wheelchair, and we were whisked thru pre-check/handicap security really quickly.

edited to add: I did get stopped at security because of my splint on my arm/hand. the lady inspected it, wanded it, and drug tested it. All which took about 1 minute or less.

Here we are at the gate, waiting for boarding... hubby looks thrilled.
IMG_0554.jpg

mandatory plane picture
IMG_0555.jpg

We were off right on time. From Grand Rapids, MI, we had to change planes in Chicago Midway.
IMG_0557.jpg

This was an interesting relic to see there:
IMG_0556.jpg

Everything was also on time to MCO, the flight was full however, and I refuse to sit in a middle seat. Usually, I get hubby to sit aisles across from eachother, but he was being ornery this morning, so he was sitting at the window, and I'm on the aisle in the same row, with a confused person between us. She tried to get each of us at separate times to move over next to eachother, but each of us refused. Sorry lady, you were almost the last person on the plane... you get the middle seat! :hilarious:

Next: Day 1 continued...

Last edited:

LisaBelle

Enjoying your TR! The desserts from the HEA dessert party looked yummy! You hit a lot of my favorite rides! Following along!

Rista1313

Original Poster
Day 2

Since we got a lot done on our first day in MK, I felt like day 2 would be more relaxed and less planned out. Hubby said he felt with all the fast passes, that I was just rushing him around from place to place.

I woke up about 700am (this is sleeping in for me, because I get up at 5am during the week.) I let Scott sleep while I got ready. I made him coffee in the room each day. He really liked that Joffrey's coffee. We ate breakfast in the room, and we were in line for the bus by 8? No long wait like the day before! It was looking like rain today, so I made sure to bring poncho's for us. Sure enough after we got thru the bag line, it started sprinkling. We donned our poncho's and forged on.

Our first pass of the day was at 910am
Pirates.jpg

We got in the boat, and hubby looked at me and said, "you didn't tell me this was a wet ride" (there was a little water on the seat)... I told him I didn't know it was... and besides, we had ponchos on. However we were 2nd to the last row, and the cannon splash pretty much missed us... crisis averted! Now I don't remember the old red head scene, although I'm sure I saw it when I was in my 20's. I was ok with We wants the rum! Mostly because Rum is my favorite!

By the time we left, it was pouring..and we had time to kill before our 1010a fast pass, so we perused the gift shop, then seeked refuge in the tiki room... such a cute show. I hope they preserve this one for a long time. By the time we left the tiki room, it was down to a drizzle, and while we were in the area, I needed a:

IMG_0596.jpg

Go team citrus swirl!
Just like others have reported, it was a hollow pull inside.... but honestly that was plenty, I couldn't even finish it all. Hubs had some in a cup.

We had sufficiently killed enough time before the next FP, so we headed back to jungle cruise:

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

Our skipper Sarah was pretty awesome.... She had just the right pauses for dead punny humor.

Hubby said after riding, that he had forgotten how cheesy it is... and he was sad there was no more gun shooting on the ride. His one big memory of the trip from when he was 7 was the gun shooting. Apparently his grandma was right by the skipper and got some sort of gun residue that stained her shirt. Disney bought her a new shirt and cleaned hers... (his grandma was kinda uppity) So that's a lasting memory for him.

After this ride we had lots of time before our 130pm ADR, so we decided to wander thru frontierland...where we found a pin shop... hubby was way into pin trading... me, I don't like to collect anything... so not my thing.. but I indulged his. After, we saw that the CBJ was about to start. This is one memory I have of going with my family, so it was a must do!

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

Man those old animatronics click a lot... but still cute as ever.

On our way out a couple of the bears were out dancing in the streets and interacting... really fun!

Next up: Day 2 cont... lunch ADR and... why Disney World is SO horrible.

Attachments

• IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 180

Rista1313

Original Poster
Day 2 Continued...

I had to look at the map to figure out where we went next...making our way towards BOG, we stopped at a few shops along the way... a christmas shop somewhere near hall of presidents.. we meandered around and made another stop at the tangled bathrooms..... and finally arrived at the Castle:
IMG_0612.jpg

We had preordered and got our yellow rose before heading up to 2nd checkpoint... where they took my rose (was this a mistake?) and seated us in the rose wing.
IMG_0613.jpg

This room was pretty amazing, I cannot imagine the hours of work that went into all those tapestries.

It took quite a while for our lunch to arrive, I can't help but wonder if I was suppose to keep the rose so they could track us? How does that work @Tuvalu ??

Hubby had the braised pork
IMG_0614.jpg

and I had the french dip
IMG_0615.jpg

We also had a lemon and a gray stuff cupcake
IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

Just as others have said.. the masters cupcake is just ok... the lemon one.. FANTASTIC! I liked them both though.

eta: The pork was amazing, and the french dip was good!

So.. why is WDW so horrible? Well, it isn't... but... here's where hubby starts being snarky.... there was a child about 4-5 sitting next to us who was throwing a wailing fit... of course parents doing nothing... hubby leans over and says to the kid... loud enough so the parents could hear, "I know... Disney World is SO horrible... your parents paid thousands of dollars for you to be here, so you could to cry your head off"

LOL.. well I might have been a tiny bit embarrassed, but at the same time, the kid stopped screaming, the parents laughed a little, and it made things better. He may have used this tactic a few other times over our vacation, with varying degrees of success. :hilarious::joyfull:

We had scheduled another ADR for this on Thursday, but decided to release it since we had done it once... and because our plans were changing.. more on that later.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The yellow rose signals to the CM at the door that you pre-ordered your meal and are directed to the line to pay. Those who do not pre-order are given a red rose and wait in the other (longer) line to order and pay.

Your MagicBand was your “order tracker.” Guests who pre-order and do not have a MagicBand retain the rose, which is used for tracking.

Wait times to receive food are similar whether you pre-order or order upon arrival, as your food is not prepared until payment is made. Pre-ordering merely saves time waiting in line.

Day 2 Continued...

I had to look at the map to figure out where we went next...making our way towards BOG, we stopped at a few shops along the way... a christmas shop somewhere near hall of presidents.. we meandered around and made another stop at the tangled bathrooms..... and finally arrived at the Castle:
View attachment 284581
We had preordered and got our yellow rose before heading up to 2nd checkpoint... where they took my rose (was this a mistake?) and seated us in the rose wing.
View attachment 284582
This room was pretty amazing, I cannot imagine the hours of work that went into all those tapestries.

It took quite a while for our lunch to arrive, I can't help but wonder if I was suppose to keep the rose so they could track us? How does that work @Tuvalu ??

Hubby had the braised pork
View attachment 284583

and I had the french dip
View attachment 284584

We also had a lemon and a gray stuff cupcake
View attachment 284585
View attachment 284586
Just as others have said.. the masters cupcake is just ok... the lemon one.. FANTASTIC! I liked them both though.

eta: The pork was amazing, and the french dip was good!

So.. why is WDW so horrible? Well, it isn't... but... here's where hubby starts being snarky.... there was a child about 4-5 sitting next to us who was throwing a wailing fit... of course parents doing nothing... hubby leans over and says to the kid... loud enough so the parents could hear, "I know... Disney World is SO horrible... your parents paid thousands of dollars for you to be here, so you could to cry your head off"

LOL.. well I might have been a tiny bit embarrassed, but at the same time, the kid stopped screaming, the parents laughed a little, and it made things better. He may have used this tactic a few other times over our vacation, with varying degrees of success. :hilarious::joyfull:

We had scheduled another ADR for this on Thursday, but decided to release it since we had done it once... and because our plans were changing.. more on that later.
OMG that's hilarious! That is one of my biggest pet peeves not only in WDW... Parents who let their kids run around everywhere touching everything, climbing on everything and ignore their screaming and crying children. I raised three kids and no where near perfect mother but I can guarantee you that none of my kids ever acted that way! I wouldn't have allowed it.. I think the next time I see it I will remind the parent that their being oblivious to their childs antics just takes away from other ppl who have to be around its vacation! That being said once in the Poly CL tiny little girl crying her eyes out bc she had to get up, parents and grandparents trying to hush and comfort her, didn't bother me, I walked over and bent down showed her my mickey bracelet (came on my Disney florist flowers) asked her if she liked it, she said yes and I told her if she wanted it she just had to stop crying and get some breakfast, she stopped crying immediately lol

Rista1313

Original Poster
The yellow rose signals to the CM at the door that you pre-ordered your meal and are directed to the line to pay. Those who do not pre-order are given a red rose and wait in the other (longer) line to order and pay.

Your MagicBand was your “order tracker.” Guests who pre-order and do not have a MagicBand retain the rose, which is used for tracking.

Wait times to receive food are similar whether you pre-order or order upon arrival, as your food is not prepared until payment is made. Pre-ordering merely saves time waiting in line.

Thanks, good info.... they also brought our meal in pieces.. first the lunches, then the desserts later... the whole process was just kinda weird. I loved their cool carts though!

Rista1313

Original Poster
OMG that's hilarious! That is one of my biggest pet peeves not only in WDW... Parents who let their kids run around everywhere touching everything, climbing on everything and ignore their screaming and crying children. I raised three kids and no where near perfect mother but I can guarantee you that none of my kids ever acted that way! I wouldn't have allowed it.. I think the next time I see it I will remind the parent that their being oblivious to their childs antics just takes away from other ppl who have to be around its vacation! That being said once in the Poly CL tiny little girl crying her eyes out bc she had to get up, parents and grandparents trying to hush and comfort her, didn't bother me, I walked over and bent down showed her my mickey bracelet (came on my Disney florist flowers) asked her if she liked it, she said yes and I told her if she wanted it she just had to stop crying and get some breakfast, she stopped crying immediately lol

A good bribe from a stranger works wonders.. I bet the family was thankful you came along!

Rista1313

Original Poster
Day 2 continued

After lunch, we started headed towards tomorrowland, for our last fast pass of the day. Along the way, we stopped at bigtop souveniers, and I contemplated riding dumbo, but the wait was 35 minutes, and I didn't want to wait.

Our 3rd FP was Buzz, and I got the pants beat off of me...I clearly had a malfunctioning ray gun, as I got 3500 to Scott's 20,000+
IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

hmmm maybe it was 200,000+
IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

After getting my butt kicked, we waiting in line for Monsters Inc Laugh room.. which we both thoroughly enjoyed, although we both agreed that it could have been a bit longer.

After this, we mutually decided we were tired, and between the day before and this day, had done everything we had planned on doing. So we weaved our way back to the front of the park (the 3 o'clock parade had just started) I kinda wanted to stay to watch it, but hubby was done... so we made our way back to the bus and made it back to the hotel about 345p... DH took a nap, and started my little journal writing out what we had done so far the last 2 days, so I wouldn't forget.

Our ADR was at 615pm, and we had decided to leave the scooter behind at the resort. Hoop Dee Doo Revue was our destination. Instead of taking a bus, then a boat... we decided to splurge there and back and take the Minnie Van service. Did you know the Minnie Van service are the only ones that can go all the way to Pioneer hall? (uber and lyft cannot, they drop you off at parking, and you have to take the inner loop bus) Our driver was awesome and she got us right where we needed to be, and answered all our questions about the ECV compatible Minnie Vans. Here's a picture of us leaving later. We took one back to PoP as well.

IMG_0637.jpg

I have no idea what Scott is looking at! or what the heck that awkward pose is I have going on.

Next: Hoop Dee Doo Revue dinner

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom