I just dont see how you guys do it.....

Chef Mickey

We went from twice a year to once a year and I have to say this....it's killing me and we have already decided that starting next year, we will be back to twice a year. Hard to explain but after 20 years of going twice a year or more (Yes...we went 3 times one year) once a year just won't cut it. Shame on you Disney World for being so much fun that we can't stay away!
Don't feel bad. I've been to WDW 11 times in the last 3 years, not including a separate trip to Disneyland and another trip to Tokyo Disney.

I could go more.

Redsky89

I grew up outside of Washington DC and went once a year every as a child to a adult. I transferred to Cocoa down here in Florida last year and got a annual pass. I used to go A LOT when me and my ex girlfriend were still together and it never got old. Even now I still go once a month ( MAYBE twice ) and it still doesnt get old. But its definitely a different feeling from when I was coming here for vacation. It's hard to explain but the whole adventure of flying from Baltimore or DC to Orlando then taking the bus to WDW gave me a feeling I dont get now only living a hour away.

BigTxEars

I grew up outside of Washington DC and went once a year every as a child to a adult. I transferred to Cocoa down here in Florida last year and got a annual pass. I used to go A LOT when me and my ex girlfriend were still together and it never got old. Even now I still go once a month ( MAYBE twice ) and it still doesnt get old. But its definitely a different feeling from when I was coming here for vacation. It's hard to explain but the whole adventure of flying from Baltimore or DC to Orlando then taking the bus to WDW gave me a feeling I dont get now only living a hour away.

That makes sense honestly, the lack of "the journey" which is part of the whole experience.

Raeskull

Don't feel bad. I've been to WDW 11 times in the last 3 years, not including a separate trip to Disneyland and another trip to Tokyo Disney.

I could go more.
I'm so jealous we've only been 3 times. We where there last October/November for 3 weeks and we all were nearly crying leaving. going again this November and I'm so excited already. I wish I lived closer but we live in Ireland. Though I have been to disneyland Paris 11 times its not quite the same.

BigTxEars

I'm so jealous we've only been 3 times. We where there last October/November for 3 weeks and we all were nearly crying leaving. going again this November and I'm so excited already. I wish I lived closer but we live in Ireland. Though I have been to disneyland Paris 11 times its not quite the same.

Wow wish we could swap one year, you go to Orlando for us and we go to Paris for you :)

Spike-in-Berlin

Wow wish we could swap one year, you go to Orlando for us and we go to Paris for you :)

Actually if you already know the real picture you could be slightly disappointed by DLP. I was in 1997. In opposite to TDS and DLR/DCA DLP doesn't feature any major attractions that are really that unique and outstanding, it's mostly clones, although many of them "plussed" like SM. And some of the more "unique" rides are actually major downfalls like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril. Really unique to DLP are only some minor attractions.

Raeskull

Actually if you already know the real picture you could be slightly disappointed by DLP. I was in 1997. In opposite to TDS and DLR/DCA DLP doesn't feature any major attractions that are really that unique and outstanding, it's mostly clones, although many of them "plussed" like SM. And some of the more "unique" rides are actually major downfalls like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril. Really unique to DLP are only some minor attractions.
While alot of the rides aren't unique some are better. Pirates of the caribbean, thunder mountain and space mountain which is totally different. It also has crush's coaster and the new Ratatouille ride opening this year. Plus the car stunt show first came from Paris. While I love dlrp I also love wdw. My dream is to visit all disney parks as all are unique in their own way and even if they all had the exact same rides I'd still want to see them all.

BigTxEars

I'm just trying to score a free trip to Europe :)

FettFan

I just don't see how some of you cope with being away from Disney World.

1. MUSIC: Live365 Internet Radio. Search for "Mouse World Radio". 4-5 stations constantly playing Disney music.

2. WEBSITES: WDWMagic.com, JimHillMedia.com, Imaginerding.com, MesaVerdeTimes.blogspot.com

3. BOOKS: "Dream It! Do It!" by Marty Sklar, "From Dreamer to Dreamfinder" by Ron Schneider, "It's Kind of a Cute Story" by Rolly Crump and Jeff Heimbuch

4. PODCASTS: WDWRadio with Lou Mongello, Communicore Weekly with Jeff Heimbuch and George Taylor

5. My sketchbook. :D

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I discovered the magic that exists beyond a world constructed of illusion, and funnily enough the natural world is pretty damn awesome when you take the time to wander around it. Fresh experiences do it for us so while the parks crawl forward with change I scratch my itch experiencing the magic that other places offer.

whitney37354

We've been twice as a family: 2010 for DD's 5th birthday, & 2013. DH decided we will go every five years from now on for DD's "fives" birthdays. That means we get to go back 2015 for her 10th birthday! It gives us something to look forward too! We immediately started a WDW trip change bucket when we got back last October. Sometimes DD & I go online to watch rides or shows. Sometimes we get out our Disney scrapbooks to see our pictures. We watch Disney movies a lot too. We spend more on a WDW vacation than a "normal" vacation, so we don't mind putting a few years between them & saving up. It doesn't hurt as much when it's not all on the credit card to be paid when you get home.

RMichael21

I've been gone for a year and 2 days and there is still no light at the end of the dark, dark, dark, dark, dark tunnel of Disney Depression.

How to cope with it, stay on these forums! Come on right when you wake up and be on right up until you go to bed.

MikeTaylorSound

We're actually planning on not going next year (mostly because there won't be anything new in 2015). So, we've booked an extended stay this year.

everado

we have been going yearly for several years and I have been planning on going for my 50th this year for the last three years .Life has unfortunately got in the way and we most likely won't be going for at least a couple years, so I live vicariously through my friends and these forums unless some sort of miracle happens.

Victor Kelly

October 2010 was our latest trip. January 2015 is our next scheduled trip. We do other things besides Disney, cruises, destination trip and sometimes my side business prohibits us from going.

Phil Porter

Went April last year and loved it. Having a year off and have booked for May 2015 next year. Gives me plenty of time to save and post on forums like this lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom