I just don't get it. WHAT is the advantage of FP+ expected to be?

BigTxEars

The way I see it is that you're guaranteed three attractions that you want to experience each day of your holiday, providing you book in time?

That can't be a bad thing?

It used to be so frustrating trying to get a fastpass for a big attraction and there being none left, then you'd notice the stand by line would be 90 minutes or more, pffft!!

It helps with kids as well as they can pick the characters they absolutely want to meet, the ones from Frozen of course!

It's taken me a while to get my head around how it works but finally I think I've got it nailed and I'm thinking it will work much better than the old fastpass system which had numerous flaws.

My favorite part is that I know for certain 50 days out that my FPs will not crossover into my ADRs :) In the old FP system one never knew until that day. I for some reason worry about stuff like that, this is much nicer.

Even though as an annual passholder and one who visits the parks frequently for short visits at a time, FP does have advantages for me just as it does for people in certain situations.

However, my overall main opinion of this whole FP system is that it is a recognition by WDW that the parks are getting more and more crowded and waits getting longer and longer. I think those who came up with this whole FP system are hoping that people will be more tolerant of the crowds as long as they can be guaranteed 3 attractions with no wait. The thinking is likely that as long as some people can get assured an attraction or two with no line then they will still walk away happy despite long lines at other attractions.

I think the fact they have made several attractions FP attractions that are pointless to use FPs for is kind of a verification of this, and that they also hope that first-time visitors won't realize that FPs for some things are not really needed, but it is used to spread the crowds out, so to speak.

Just my opinion of course.
And, of course, the real reason to get you out of the lines is so you will spend more $$$$ in the shops.

10Magic

Yep... we will ;) if the lines never slow down enough to make it worth it on Monday, we'll be using our FP+ to experience it on Thursday when we go back.
If you get to the park at least 20 minutes before rope-drop (they frequently open the park a bit early), you should be able to ride TSMM twice with reasonably short wait times, assuming you get there quickly following Rope Drop.

jaklgreen

I have been going for 18 years and have over 25 trips under my belt and have never been able to get 8 fastpasses in one day. We averaged around 3 or 4 anyway so the amount does not bother me. The advantage of FP+ for me is that I don't have to get up at the butt crack of dawn and hit rope drop at HS to get to ride TSMM or Epcot to get on Soarin. I like FP+, I know what rides I want to go on and roughly how my days usually go so the pre planning is a non issue for us. What I did hate about my vacation before FP+ was the rushing to get a fastpass for the more popular rides and going back and forth getting them.

kelknight84

I have been going for 18 years and have over 25 trips under my belt and have never been able to get 8 fastpasses in one day. We averaged around 3 or 4 anyway so the amount does not bother me. The advantage of FP+ for me is that I don't have to get up at the butt crack of dawn and hit rope drop at HS to get to ride TSMM or Epcot to get on Soarin. I like FP+, I know what rides I want to go on and roughly how my days usually go so the pre planning is a non issue for us. What I did hate about my vacation before FP+ was the rushing to get a fastpass for the more popular rides and going back and forth getting them.
After reading this I started thinking about all the so called power users....correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't you only get a fastpass every 2 hours? So if you are in the park 12 hours that is only a maximum of 6. To get more you would have to open and close the park without the break in the middle and really rush from place to place at your two hour mark. I really think most people just think they were able to get a ton of passes but really only got a handful each day.

BrittanyRose428

Am I the only person who almost never uses Fastpass? I usually just plan on doing the long wait rides early in the morning or late at night, and it hasn't been an issue. I think I've used Fastpass twice in my past 4 trips or so.

jaklgreen

After reading this I started thinking about all the so called power users....correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't you only get a fastpass every 2 hours? So if you are in the park 12 hours that is only a maximum of 6. To get more you would have to open and close the park without the break in the middle and really rush from place to place at your two hour mark. I really think most people just think they were able to get a ton of passes but really only got a handful each day.

Yep, that's how it worked with you having to wait 2 hours or use the fastpass to be able to get another one. That's why we were only able to get 3 or 4 per day. We do sleep in on vacations and usually arrived around 10am so if we were lucky enough to get a fastpass for soarin or any other popular ride it was for later that evening and since those were the ones we really wanted we went to get them first so that put us another 2 hours behind in getting another fastpass. So the new FP+ works great for us. I can not see how someone could get 8 fastpasses in one day.

cw1982

If you get to the park at least 20 minutes before rope-drop (they frequently open the park a bit early), you should be able to ride TSMM twice with reasonably short wait times, assuming you get there quickly following Rope Drop.

Thanks. I would say that we will do this, but the problem is that we plan to be at MK until 2 am the night before, so I can't see myself and DH going anywhere before 9 or 10 the next morning LOL. We're just not morning people anyway ;) I know, life for that week would be so much easier if we were, but hey... we're on vacation.

BigTxEars

Yep, that's how it worked with you having to wait 2 hours or use the fastpass to be able to get another one. That's why we were only able to get 3 or 4 per day. We do sleep in on vacations and usually arrived around 10am so if we were lucky enough to get a fastpass for soarin or any other popular ride it was for later that evening and since those were the ones we really wanted we went to get them first so that put us another 2 hours behind in getting another fastpass. So the new FP+ works great for us. I can not see how someone could get 8 fastpasses in one day.

8 in a day is pure commando! We sleep in as well so I agree this new way is much better for us :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom