I hear the Rise of the Resistance opening ceremony is going to be pretty interesting.

180º

*Starts up the trusty VPN*

Ya know, There Are sometimes when you need to stay in the Now and be grounded, there are sometimes you need to get eXcited and Wings it. But Too many times, it's hard to tell when is what. As my FAther Always said, "if Permission is always Needed For everything you do, then anything you Use or do Beyond simply sitting back and Opening a beer is always treated by other's as a big Event."

In contrast to that, my Mother always said, "if you want to be F&%$ing eXited about something, then Wing it. You just need to Test yourself, see if you can take Flight, and Soon you will know what you are capable of."

*why do I need a VPN for this?*
I wasn’t going to spoil it, but I didn’t realize wdwmagic was this bad at solving puzzles. ;)

Here:

There are now X-Wings, but FAA permission needed for use beyond opening event. X-Wing test flight soon.

*Not sure if that’s just a flourish or if I missed something 😁

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
FAA permission will be granted pro forma. They're not happy about the no-fly zone to begin with, and as long as a commercial enterprise follows the rules for drones, they get permission.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
FAA permission will be granted pro forma. They're not happy about the no-fly zone to begin with, and as long as a commercial enterprise follows the rules for drones, they get permission.

It has nothing to do with the no fly zone. Hollywood Studios isn't covered by it, that is why tourist helicopters can fly over. It is more about the size and weight of the drone and proximity to crowds. But if you look right behind Rise of the Resistance on a map, there is a nice open area they can be flown in without having to fly over people.

Frontierland's Finest

It has nothing to do with the no fly zone. Hollywood Studios isn't covered by it, that is why tourist helicopters can fly over. It is more about the size and weight of the drone and proximity to crowds. But if you look right behind Rise of the Resistance on a map, there is a nice open area they can be flown in without having to fly over people.
That empty space is the cast lot. The cast probably won’t be happy about keeping this area clear if they flying a drone past the opening of RoTR.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
That empty space is the cast lot. The cast probably won’t be happy about keeping this area clear if they flying a drone past the opening of RoTR.

Not quite all of it is. There is a strip there with nothing in it. Doesn't mean there will always be nothing in it, but it exists now. Also, as crappy as this sounds, cast members are not the general public. If they REALLY wanted to fly drones over employees, they can.

KBLovedDisney

22tozm.jpg

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
Not how it works. You'll have to give a little more for credibility. Otherwise it's just clickbait, prime for removal. Got the details? Share'm and earn the accolades and praise. Otherwise this "rumor" will be thrown in the waste basket as if it came from literally nobody.

This thread's prolly gonna poof without the proof.

See my last message, have I been wrong yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom