i have no luck

2excitedkids

Original Poster
I am so excited because we leave in 2 days for our family's first trip to disney, i have planned and planned and researched to make sure we went at a good time where it wasn't crowded. my hubby and i kept joking a few weeks ago about "watch us get snow on our way out of town", we live in nc and don't see that much snow, none this year for our area, and what are they calling for tonight - SNOW AND SLEET! well, looks like we will be treking through bad weather to get to florida. well, i decide to check the 10 day forecast to see what the weather will be like next week down there and much to my surprise the high will only be 71 one day near the end of our trip, the first 4 days being rain!!! the lowest high temp is going to be 57. now mind you this is not cold to us, but we were really anticipated the 75 degree perfect weather. well, not a good start to the vacation lets just hope everything else runs smoothly.

as long as my reservation doesn't get messed up for cinderella's breakfast on tuesday it will be a good trip (i have only called about 10 times to confirm my ressie)

I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU ALL NEXT WEEK IN DISNEY!:lol:

Big Cheese

Cloudy and low 70's is PERFECT weather for Disney! Not crowded? Try to avoid the thousands of girls and there families down there for the National Dance Team Championships, Feb 1-5!
It's not too bad though, have a good time! We're leaving at 7:00 am tomorrow!

ErickainPA

Don't count on the 10 day forecast too much. Depending on the percentage it says, you may end up having great weather anyway. Take the 10 day with a grain of salt.

Have a great trip

Shelby's Dad

Half the reports from Fla are wrong

I live here and I very rarely trust any of the forcasting sites. But if does, be sure to shrug it off and go for it. Means crowds will be down and you will have walk ups to most rides.

Have fun!!!!!!

smk

Just take extra care on the roads, be safe and take extra snacks, drinks etc, in case of a longer drive than you expected....you'll be in your happy place soon:) . Have a good time! :sohappy:

2excitedkids

Original Poster
i am not worried about the cheerleaders, we leave tomorrow but are waiting until saturday to do first day of disney, we are planning an overnight stay in a cheapy hotel somewhere tomorrow whenever we think the kids have had enough of riding. we will not be leaving until the 10th, so we are going to be avoiding the cheerleading competition for the most part (yes, i planned this aspect of the trip too)

lets hope all of the planning paid off, we were not going to attend the p&p party, but i was able to file our taxes yesterday, so looks like we might be able to do that after all. hubby is not too thrilled about doing this, his mentality is $100 more dollars just to see a few extra characters a new parade and fireworks, the kids won't know the difference, well honey I WILL!!! since he has never been he don't quite get it like i do. even though it has been 12 long long years for me! looks like the weather is not so bad as forecasted in my town, we have seen very very little around here but freezing rain is moving in very soon. will probably have to take a sleeping pill just to be able to sleep tonight. the kids are out of school today which is wearing on their nerves already, my oldest 6, has already said this is going to be the longest day ever for him!!! poor thing, he doesn't realize it is worse for me than for him - I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

chucknstuff

I am going next weekend and can't wait either. The lines should be very managable this time of the year. I use to live outside the park area for 20years and loved going in the early part of the year. Have fun!!

Imaginationeer

One Thing you learn living in Orlando is that the weather is never what the forecast says. I would be more worried if the forecast said five days of sun!

optjay

my oldest 6, has already said this is going to be the longest day ever for him!!! poor thing, he doesn't realize it is worse for me than for him - I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

His first trip? The ride home will be the LONGest day ! Nothing to look forward to.:)

2excitedkids

Original Poster
yes, it is my children's and hubby's first trip, part of their christmas present! right now it is 29 degrees here, we are not used to consistent cold weather here. but it has been like this for the past couple of weeks.

the drive down the kids are going to be on edge so excited, we do have a hotel stay budgeted in for the ride home too, just in case they get too tired. but you are right the ride home from anywhere always feels longer!!!!

dazzer68

oh god, i just realised it was ayear ago today we were at wdw ! wow thats gone quick,any way the weather when we went was cold but clear i think it was about 10 degrees. all the charaters were in there costumed coats and jackets and all the guests were buying gloves and scarves from the stores.
but we had a great time because the parks were empty, there were any q's everything was walk on ...even everest which was great in the cold!
even went to blizzard beach which was very authentic as it was so cold ,we were the only ones in the whole place for a bout 4 hours!( we then got evacuated out because there was a bad storm coming over!)

but would rathere had all that than boiling hot weather, a packed park, screaming irritable kids and q ing for an hour!

can somebody tell me if the cheerleading comps will be over by the 14th and if the 14th is ever crowded really bad, Ill be there that day and Im hoping its not overly crowded.

maelstrom

It snowed once on the day we left for Florida. The flight was delayed only because they had to plow the runway and the path getting the plane out of the hangar. Then we got de-iced! I think we were delayed 1-1.5 hours tops. And that was understandable because this is like the hillbilly airport (Stewart Field in Newburgh, NY -- set to become the 4th NYC airport) where they have like five total employees. So I was pretty impressed.

In 2003 we had to wait for some snow removal in the Baltimore area when we drove down but again not a big deal.

Think of it as an adventure. Just drive safely and slowly. You have a lot shorter of a journey from NC than us in NY. WDW is so fun in the winter; you get to see the characters in their winter outfits and the CMs at the MK all have special peacoats that say Magic Kingdom on them in the old MK font. Just make sure you bring a jacket because it has the potential to be very cold (but I hope it isn't for your sake).

disneygoof1

Rain means no lines at the parks and make sure you have your own ponchos or umbrellas, cause you don't want to pay 10 dollars apeice for a poncho, unless you want a memento with mickey on it. I'm going in april and I hope you have a great time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom