I have great news....

IDreamOfDisney

Original Poster
No I did not save a bunch of money by switching to GICO (sp) :brick: Howeer I did find out that the Disney Store is returning to the Danbury Mall in Dandury, CT. It is expected to open in October 2005. I am so excited. Has this ever happened before? :confused:

Please let me know.

Many thanks,

Jay

Jekyll

Yes this does happen from time to time. But keep in Mind that the Disney store no longer belongs to thw Walt Disney Co. It belongs to Childerns Place LTD. They bought it a few years ago.

raven

Jekyll said:
Yes this does happen from time to time. But keep in Mind that the Disney store no longer belongs to thw Walt Disney Co. It belongs to Childerns Place LTD. They bought it a few years ago.

True. I used to work at TDS and I tell you it just isn't the same. They sell Disney items but you don't get that similar feeling going into TDS anymore. Especially since most of the management are from The Childrens Place.

Captain Hank

Jekyll said:
Actually, it'll be one year this November that TCP has owned TDS. Our local management also hasn't changed much since the transition to TCP, so it doesn't seem all that different. Not too sure about the higher-ups, though. I know upper management is really trying to get TDS back into malls where it was taken out, so expect a lot more to be showing up in the near future.

darthdarrel

raven said:
True. I used to work at TDS and I tell you it just isn't the same. They sell Disney items but you don't get that similar feeling going into TDS anymore. Especially since most of the management are from The Childrens Place.
That is weird I go to the Great Lakes Mall Disney store all the time and I don't think they have lost any of the "Disney feel" Infact it has not changed at all. The people are still as perky as ever. This store has not lost anything in the transition. :wave:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
IDreamOfDisney said:
No I did not save a bunch of money by switching to GICO (sp) :brick: Howeer I did find out that the Disney Store is returning to the Danbury Mall in Dandury, CT. It is expected to open in October 2005. I am so excited. Has this ever happened before? :confused:

Please let me know.

Many thanks,

Jay

Take a trip to the Trumbull Mall. They have the first in the nation new concept of the Disney Store.

jimmyritt33

Hey Thrawn,
I heard about the store in Trumbull, CT. TCP said they would change some 30 to the new concept type store. Any idea where I can find alist of which stores they are doing this to? And yes I did a search , ha ha.

jacksnightmare

From what I have heard the Disney Store is owned by the Childrens Place but the Childrens Place just filed for bankruptcy. There is a DS by me that was supposed to change to TCP, but now is not because of bankruptcy. I dont know if any of it means anything.

xtimMOOthyx

FYI: Disney Stores are slowly being remodeled. There is a new store close to where I live, and it is depressing. The new stores look like Kmart. I was sick when I walked in. The walls are white with white lights and the only animation in the store was a Sorcerer Mickey in the middle and a little Tink on the ceiling. It looks so tacky and cheap. Plus, that same store no longer sells adult clothes. It sucks.

shari71

I hope we get ours back. Two years ago they were forced out the mall to make way for one of those trendy teeny bober fashion shops which make me :hurl: Even that was an hour drive for us to get to but we made the trip sometimes just to get to it. Now we have to go on a 2 1/2 drive to the nearest one. Fingers are crossed that they bring it back.

raven

darthdarrel said:
That is weird I go to the Great Lakes Mall Disney store all the time and I don't think they have lost any of the "Disney feel" Infact it has not changed at all. The people are still as perky as ever. This store has not lost anything in the transition. :wave:

The employees are getting paid more now than they were when it was TDS. Maybe that has something to do with it. I just know that nearly all of my fellow CMs that I used to work with are gone. The look of the new store is very clean and sleek but there are obvious changes in the feeling you get. The costumes have changed to red shirts and black pants. A cool look but almost too contemporary for me. My old store manager (which was brought in from Kmart) is now working in the district office. Not nessisarily a promotion but more to train her in new "childrens place" ways of thinking.

Just my observation.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
jimmyritt33 said:
Hey Thrawn,
I heard about the store in Trumbull, CT. TCP said they would change some 30 to the new concept type store. Any idea where I can find alist of which stores they are doing this to? And yes I did a search , ha ha.

The Children's Place site? Other than that, I don't know. I know they are going to use the Trumbull concept as a "test and adjust" so it might be a while before they do more conversions.

darthdarrel

raven said:
The employees are getting paid more now than they were when it was TDS. Maybe that has something to do with it. I just know that nearly all of my fellow CMs that I used to work with are gone. The look of the new store is very clean and sleek but there are obvious changes in the feeling you get. The costumes have changed to red shirts and black pants. A cool look but almost too contemporary for me. My old store manager (which was brought in from Kmart) is now working in the district office. Not nessisarily a promotion but more to train her in new "childrens place" ways of thinking.

Just my observation.

Well Atleast the Mentor store have kept all the old employees infact Captain Hank works there.He did tell me that The mentor store is due to be remodelled, I hope they do not change it to the K mart look. :(

miles1

jimmyritt33 said:
Hey Thrawn,

What exactly is the "new concept"? I've heard a lot of negative stuff, like its mostly just pricey kid's clothes (like the rest of the Danbury Mall). Can you elaborate?

DisneyFreak529

I don't know about you guys but the Disney store in my area is a real disappointment. The web site is better! The main stree mega store web site is the best!

darthdarrel

DisneyFreak529 said:
I don't know about you guys but the Disney store in my area is a real disappointment. The web site is better! The main stree mega store web site is the best!
I love my Disney store! :wave: I go there all the time to get my "Disney fix" :lol:

monorail256

raven said:
The employees are getting paid more now than they were when it was TDS.

Scott, you have no idea how much I wish that was the truth, haha.

Through TCP, CM's arent getting paid anymore than they were when we were owned by Disney. If anything, TCP has made it harder for individuals to get raises and has made managements bonus/raise qualifications so out of this world that its hard for management to get their bonuses/raises.

I understand where many of you are coming from -- and I can't agree you guys more about the new prototype store (which is being called 'The Mickey Store'). I think the new stores are far too white, cheap, and don't carry a magical Disney feel. However, the older stores are amazing. Often, I find myself complaining about how much our store needs remodeled, and then I take a good look around at the atmosphere, and I change my mind.

I love my store. I love my job. If I get accepted into Spring 06 CP, it's going to be very hard to leave my store behind. If the definition of a TRUE Disney Store CM could be found in the dictionary, everyone in my store would be listed there. They truly are my second family...

[awwwwww]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom