I have converted.

BenS

Original Poster
No, don't worry, the Jehovah's Witnesses haven't gotten to me yet ;)

I'm talking about a very different kind of conversion.

Today I used MacOS 10 for the first time, and I now feel deprived while using this IBM laptop of mine.

You see my school just got a nice new set of Laptops, Apple PowerBooks to be exact, with OS X installed. Being a former Mac hater, I of course groaned and thought, "so, it's slightly better, if you take one ant off of an ant-infested picnic basket, it's still not very fun to eat."

That was before I turned it on. I had only been using Macs at school, and apparently the older ones had a bit of a resolution problem! Using MacOS on the resolution it was designed for, and it being the latest version as well, has converted me. The next computer I get will be a Mac.

Unfortunatlely since there isn't enough software out there for MacOS, I'll have to keep a PC lying around for certain purposes.

The one major problem I still have is the price. They'll have OS 32 out by the time I can afford it. (of course right now that's true for any computer for me :lol: )

BenS

Original Poster
Originally posted by maelstrom
Welcome to the light side!!
Glad to be here :D

Not to mention, of course my iPod will work loads better. No more it saying "Ok to disconnect" on the iTunes screen, but still saying "do not disconnect" on the iPod itself.

jojoyner55

Welcome to The True Faith!:D
As for running PC software, Virtual PC does a good job. (It is now a Microsoft product). I have Windows XP on my PowerBook for the very few things I've needed Windows for. Frankly, I don't use it much since between Office for OS X and all of Apples "i" programs, I'm pretty well covered.

Bill

Account Suspended
Yea, I love macs... though, for some odd reason, I like keeping both, I don't like choosing one or the other. For web design I'd never use a mac... but for video editing, I LOVE iMovie 4. However, I'm more professional now, and now I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro. Very expensive, but in my opinion, it's the best video editor out there. Though it was recently discontinued for Macs... you still have Final Cut express though. Office X is great. And I can't wait for Tiger to come out. :) Safari is only okay, I still like my trusty IE, though FireFox is looking pretty cool now. :) I prefer outlook to mail though. I guess I'm like stuck in the middle.:lol:

GaryT977

In my experience, there really isn't a lack of business software for the Mac, it's the lack of gaming software that bites.

GaryT977

Originally posted by Al
As soon as aol broadband is available for the mac, i'm switching :D

When my sister was staying with me, she had no problems using her AOL account through my DSL connection.

Figment1986

I will say this....

I like both now that i got to use a E-mac with the new OS, and school sertver conected as well, (i hate the school server)

I might get a apple in the future, but will keep a regular PC still...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom