I HATED Manta

hokie075

i Loved Manta and My husband being 6 6 360 pounds was comfortable too the only problem Was They said don't bring phone it on it will break my husband had an indestructible phone .. ha ha it broke
Wow I'm 6 4 330 and I didn't even try and ride it. I couldnt ride Kracken so I figured I couldn't ride Manta. Well I guess I will give it a shot in May when we go back. Thanks for the info.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Rode the Dragon challenge a week or so ago and was dissapointed as they were launching each side seperate to each other :mad: It spoilt the whole thing .
Rode Manta twice in a row and can't say it was all that bad but its different for everyone :D. I can't stand AK dinosaur ride :confused: yet loved Rip It Ride It Rock It.

Bairstow

Rode the Dragon challenge a week or so ago and was dissapointed as they were launching each side seperate to each other :mad: It spoilt the whole thing .

Not really.
Not sure if you got to ride it when the Dragons were synchronized, but the "dueling" nature of the ride didn't add a whole lot to it from the riders' perspective. Unless you were in the front row you never really saw the other train after the lift, and even then it was only a fleeting glimpse.
It was far more impressive to watch off-ride

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Not really.
Not sure if you got to ride it when the Dragons were synchronized, but the "dueling" nature of the ride didn't add a whole lot to it from the riders' perspective. Unless you were in the front row you never really saw the other train after the lift, and even then it was only a fleeting glimpse.

Thats why i was in line for the front row.

Bairstow

Front row on fire is good, but you really want to be in the last row of Ice to maximize the weightlessness during the 0-G and cobra roll.

Bairstow

Superman in Jersey has a similar part of ride where you feel like you're being crushed to death.

Haven't been to Jersey, but I rode a similar B&M Superman flyer at Six Flags Over Georgia.
Manta is way, way better.
What really bugs me is that while this Superman ride was built with a dual station, like Manta, they never seem to use it, even when the park is terribly crowded.
Besides Crystal Wing, the other B&M flyer I'd love to ride some day is Alton Towers' "air", which rather than doing a lot of inversions hugs the terrain for a better sense of speed.

luv

Not really.
Disagree! I loved the dueling part! I did ride in the front row, though.

I truly miss that a lot. It's still a fine ride, but that whole near-miss thing was the coolest.

IAmFloridaBorn

Because I have an annual pass to Sea World, I've ridden Manta on every row. I Can honestly say never ride a roller coaster car with more than 6 rows near the back. That is where the most G's are experienced which makes for a very uncomfortable ride inside your body and out. Always, always ask for the first 4 or 5 rows on roller coaster cars which go between negative and positive G's such as Manta.

Otherwise my favorite coaster in Orlando.

HannaBanana

I kinda had that feeling too. Granted I was much younger but I could'couldn't breath at one point on the ride. :eek:
I don't know what really caused it either since I had been other a ride like this called Air in Alton Towers and it was fantastic!:joyfull:

cheezbat

I kinda had that feeling too. Granted I was much younger but I could'couldn't breath at one point on the ride. :eek:
I don't know what really caused it either since I had been other a ride like this called Air in Alton Towers and it was fantastic!:joyfull:
The difference is the pretzel loop element. Manta, Crystal Wing, and the three Superman flyers all have this element...Air does not. It is by far the most intense element on the flying coasters, and places many G's onto your stomach and chest, which in turn makes it hard to breathe. I've ridden a number of Flyers and that's the only part that ever really gets me. Still love it though!

KRAKENvsMANTA

Manta and Kraken are the two best coasters in Florida! Having an annual pass, I have ridden Manta probably around 100 times, and enjoy it EVERY time. The back row is the best IMO due to the awesome G's you experience during the pretzel loop. It also has probably the greatest queue for a roller coaster that I've seen outside of Dragon Challenge. Manta: AWESOME. Kraken: AWESOME. And no, I'm not at all biased.

MattC

Manta and Kraken are the two best coasters in Florida! Having an annual pass, I have ridden Manta probably around 100 times, and enjoy it EVERY time. The back row is the best IMO due to the awesome G's you experience during the pretzel loop. It also has probably the greatest queue for a roller coaster that I've seen outside of Dragon Challenge. Manta: AWESOME. Kraken: AWESOME. And no, I'm not at all biased.

Agree. The Manta queue is awesome.

StageFrenzy

I just saw this post but I've never enjoyed Kraken that much, it's too quiet and it saps so much excitement.

Pixie VaVoom

Sorry that it didn't agree with you. Manta is a beautiful coaster with a very smooth ride and has to be one of the top 5 coasters in the greater Orlando area. I really enjoyed it and it would be a big part of my decision to return to Sea World.

I just LOVE to watch it - no way could I ride it. ear surgeries...I would hurl

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom