I Got It!!!!!

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
just wanted to share with everyone that....I GOT MY LICENSE TODAY!!! i'm so happy that it's finally over with! i've been stressing over the test for well over a year now! it helped that it wasn't the normal guy giving the test...see, the guy is really intimadating (not just to me, but lots of others as well) he's just so mean sometimes! anyway, his wife is my dentist, and they're frequent Disney goers...well, my mom found out from his wife a while back that they'd be going to Disney World this week soooo, i decided to give the test a try while he's away! And Thank God i did!!! now i don't have to worry with him at ALL! this is just such a weight off of my shoulders! :D
k, i just had to get that out! thanks for listening!

RozFan

Phew! You live no where near Florida. :eek:

Just joshing ya, Congrats and have fun! I remember first getting my license, I was scared outta my mind that I was going to hit another car and that everyone else could tell that I was a newbie. Fast forward 6 years and now I think I'm one bad . :lol: :animwink:

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
Originally posted by JuniorTOT
I want a 69' Camaro, black, Ooo, Such a nice car :)

i, here recently, had my eye on a 72' hunter green volkswagon bug....only $2,000 and looked to be in really nice shape. course, i didn't have my license then, ,but you know..good motivation! dad refused to help me with it though...said i wouldn't have enough protection in it if i got it...:rolleyes: maybe he's right, i dunno. but i'll be damned if the place that had it didn't sell it...i was heartbroken!

btw, FutureCEO...you think THAT'S forever? i had my permit from July 2001 to Oct. 11, 2002! THAT'S a long time...but my sister's friend is 21 and STILL has her permit! don't worry...december will come soon enough ;) my deal was though is that i hate driving! it stresses me out too much! so, i never drove a whole lot with my permit, and i just never felt like i was ready to take my test, so that's why it took me so long. :)

kevlightyear

Congratulations Phreek!

I can't take my test until December, even though I just turned seventeen :rolleyes: . They change the law this past spring, and I have to wait six months after getting my permit. I got the permit in June, so hopefully, this December I'll be ready. The other bad thing is that you have to have 40 hours of driving time, including 10 hours of night driving. I don't think I'll get that in by December, and my mom said she won't lie! Can you believe her? :lol: :lol: Just kidding. Anyway, drive safely, and have fun!

The Mom

Premium Member
Ah, driving permits and licenses!

I did the usual get your permit at 16, take driver's ed, etc. but my parents never had time to take me out, and when they did they were terrible teachers, so I didn't get my license until I was an adult! (actually, my friends were moving to Manhattan, and had to sell their car. I got a good deal on it, and then had to learn how to drive it..a manual!)

I went to a driving school, took 2 weeks of VERY intense lessons (all of them were during rush hour!) got my license, and THEN paid extra to learn how to drive a shift. I was forced to drive regardless of weather, traffic, etc. It was worth every penny. Total elasped time from permit to solo driver...about 6 weeks.

Fast forward to my daughter. I didn't waste time...I enrolled her in a summer driving course as soon as she got her permit. I let them teach her how to drive...by the time she went out with me, she already had the basics. I let her drive with me at night,and back and forth to school (switching drivers) through rush hour traffic every day. My neighbor also took her out, and taught her how to drive a stick shift. She was not allowed to drive solo until her 17th birthday, and so far, has had no problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom