I got a Pin# from Disney!! Booked WL!!

PrincessMagic

Hi all! I had to update my post from last night. I had asked for advice on WL and if it was worth the money to upgrade from POFQ. I really wanted to upgrade but, I'm the kinda girl that likes a good bargain, and at Disney that's hard to come by. I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the extra money and still wasn't sure until I got my mail today. Low and behold there was a mailing with a coveted pin on it for 30% off! I saved almost $1000.00. I can't even hardly believe it even as I type it. I'm so excited I just had to share!!!!

mousefan1972

Yikes, I need to add 1 to my post count. Creepy.

:lol:

I did the exact same thing when I had that post count a few weeks ago....
I was like, quick! Post something! Anything! :lookaroun

Congrats to those receiving PIN cards. I, too, called to see if I had a discount attached to our household and was told no. I just keep telling myself that since we go for Christmas now, the dates likely wouldn't have been included in the offer, anyway. :shrug: Makes me feel a bit better, but I'd still like to get one!

Upvote 0

sittle

QUESTION: To get a code or Pin number do you...?:

1. Have to be in America, or can it apply to international visitors as well??

2. Have to booked and paid in the past or could it be open to the people that have been registered guests as well? (Like if my Mother booked and paid for the reservations, and me and my wife were staying with here, and had registered room keys could we be eligible to get the PIN or code or is only the "big spender" eligible?)

In general how does this discount work. Do you have to book first and wait to see if you get a Pin in the mail or a Code on the system?

Upvote 0

philipneil

Two years ago I recieved a discount e-mail for 40% off but the dates were during the school year (as usual) and not useful to teachers.

This year I plan on an October trip for my honeymoon and am praying for a discount offer.:lookaroun

Upvote 0

DougK

I never knew anything about these discounts until I read this thread so I just called Disney and talked to the nicest CM. She said they have been releasing these by email and regular mail. She also said she believed there are still more to come. She made sure they had my correct email and mailing addresses and wished me luck. Maybe I will get lucky yet...although if it's anything like YOAMD I won't hold my breath! We NEVER seem to even see them giving prizes to anyone!

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

The dates on mine I got last week for 40% off were

Jan 6-17 and Jan 20-31
Feb 24-March 7
March 30-Apr8
aug 10-Sept 27
Oct 19- Nov 1
Nov 9-Nov 15
Dec 7- Dec 17

I'm not sure if I want to ask this, but are those "check in by" dates, or "travel must be within" those dates? We're checking in Dec. 16...., so I'll be :cry: if I don't get a code and I could have used it!!

Upvote 0

ryguy

The dates on mine I got last week for 40% off were

Jan 6-17 and Jan 20-31
Feb 24-March 7
March 30-Apr8
aug 10-Sept 27
Oct 19- Nov 1
Nov 9-Nov 15
Dec 7- Dec 17

Anybody who is thinking about a trip should keep these dates in mind as Disney feels these will be slow times. Crowds should be managable.:sohappy: Iam surprised May isn't on this list, its usually a great month to go as far as nice weather and low crowd levels.

Upvote 0

tinkfan05

My pin was for 20%

We are booked for May of 2009 and got a postcard in the mail stating that if I wanted to change my dates to Oct. or Nov of this year I could get a 20% discount. So instead of chaning my dates, I just booked another trip in addition to the May trip! The May trip is set aside for my family and my Oct trip is for my best friend and I. How does Disney decide who gets the discount pin #'s and how much they will be for?

Upvote 0
It is my understanding that these are room only discounts. Is this true?

If this is so, does that mean that you can ONLY book the rooms, and you need to buy the passes separately and no meal plan...or when they say room only, they mean the discount is only on the room rate, but you can still add the passes and meal plan if you want?

That's been making me think....

Johnny

Upvote 0

pinkrose

It is my understanding that these are room only discounts. Is this true?

If this is so, does that mean that you can ONLY book the rooms, and you need to buy the passes separately and no meal plan...or when they say room only, they mean the discount is only on the room rate, but you can still add the passes and meal plan if you want?

That's been making me think....

Johnny

With a room only discount, youu are only be able to book a room, then buy your passes seperate. You are not be able to purchase the dining plan.

Upvote 0

romiti

:confused: I think I'm a little unclear on this process -- if you are "selected" for one of these discounts, and you are notified by either e-mail or regular mail, does that mean that this discount code will also appear next to your name in Disney's reservation system? And if so, can you simply call and ask if a code is available for you? Come on Disney, keep those discounts coming!

Upvote 0

sittle

In general how does this discount work. Do you have to book first and wait to see if you get a Pin in the mail or a Code on the system?

QUESTION: To get a code or Pin number do you...?:

1. Have to be in America, or can it apply to international visitors as well??

2. Have to booked and paid in the past or could it be open to the people that have been registered guests as well? (Like if my Mother booked and paid for the reservations, and me and my wife were staying with here, and had registered room keys could we be eligible to get the PIN or code or is only the "big spender" eligible?)

Anyone have any answers??

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

I think it is for international visitors also..Not 100% sure

I think that you have to be registered on a Disney site..like Disney Shopping or have stayed at a Disney Resort at least once to have you in the system.

I was registered and got them for years and then they stopped..and then I registered my husband and then we got one for him 2 days later.

I guess it all depends..it may be a random thing.

Upvote 0

vonniscott

Disney Pin Code

I got a Pin Code for the 40% off of Deluxe resorts also that's good to reserve through the end of March but the offer is good for room only through the end of the year for selected dates. I am so excited!!! We are going in October and we just got back in December from a 12 day trip! I am trying to find a job for my husband in the Orlando area! I love Florida especially that area.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom