I got a Pin# from Disney!! Booked WL!!

PrincessMagic

Hi all! I had to update my post from last night. I had asked for advice on WL and if it was worth the money to upgrade from POFQ. I really wanted to upgrade but, I'm the kinda girl that likes a good bargain, and at Disney that's hard to come by. I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the extra money and still wasn't sure until I got my mail today. Low and behold there was a mailing with a coveted pin on it for 30% off! I saved almost $1000.00. I can't even hardly believe it even as I type it. I'm so excited I just had to share!!!!

PrincessMagic

Original Poster
Hello everyone. I wanted to respond on a few of the posts I read. I received my pin through the US mail. When I had called the night before to get a quote on WL there was no discount or code associated with our name. Because we were unsure of our plans whether to book WL or POFQ they put a 2 week hold on our reservation.They did not require a downpayment because it was not actually booked, just in essence held. The next day when I got my mail there was a booklet stating save 30% off on these select dates 1/6-1/17, 1/20-1/31, 2/24-3/5, 3/30-4/8, 8/10-9/27, 10/19-11/1, 11/9-11/15, 12/7-12/17, the booklet also contained a special number you had to call. When I called I was quoted a price and I asked is this a room only discount or is it on tickets also? I was placed on hold and when he came back he said it was supposed to be for a room only but I converted your pin into a 3 digit pin and you now have a "vacation pakage" which includes discounted rooms and tickets. I was eccstatic and asked for a price on POFQ and it was not that much more for WL. We booked WL Queen bunk bed room with a wooded view with MYW park hopper tickets for 7 days. We got a fantastic deal and I am so happy I intend on writing a letter of thanks to my trip planner. He really went beyond what he had to do. When I recieved my email reservation he had even included some free vouchers. I had stated to him that I couldn't believe the deal I was getting, that it was fantastic, he said "oh yeah". I hope this helps with some of the questions.

Upvote 0

spoodles

I'm not sure if I want to ask this, but are those "check in by" dates, or "travel must be within" those dates? We're checking in Dec. 16...., so I'll be :cry: if I don't get a code and I could have used it!!

I didn't see this answered, excuse me if I missed it. I've been on the phone with reservations about this and it seems that as of 2008, WDW no longer gives you a promotional rate for the length of your stay so long as your arrival date falls within the range. So if you book partly in and partly out of a range, you'll be paying full rate for the days outside the range.

Anybody who is thinking about a trip should keep these dates in mind as Disney feels these will be slow times. Crowds should be managable.:sohappy: Iam surprised May isn't on this list, its usually a great month to go as far as nice weather and low crowd levels.

One range where I don't think it's going to be slow is 3/30-4/8. Len's crowd calendar (touringplans.com) has these days all in the 7-9 range on his scale of 1 to 10.

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

Hello everyone. I wanted to respond on a few of the posts I read. I received my pin through the US mail. When I had called the night before to get a quote on WL there was no discount or code associated with our name. Because we were unsure of our plans whether to book WL or POFQ they put a 2 week hold on our reservation.They did not require a downpayment because it was not actually booked, just in essence held. The next day when I got my mail there was a booklet stating save 30% off on these select dates 1/6-1/17, 1/20-1/31, 2/24-3/5, 3/30-4/8, 8/10-9/27, 10/19-11/1, 11/9-11/15, 12/7-12/17, the booklet also contained a special number you had to call. When I called I was quoted a price and I asked is this a room only discount or is it on tickets also? I was placed on hold and when he came back he said it was supposed to be for a room only but I converted your pin into a 3 digit pin and you now have a "vacation pakage" which includes discounted rooms and tickets. I was eccstatic and asked for a price on POFQ and it was not that much more for WL. We booked WL Queen bunk bed room with a wooded view with MYW park hopper tickets for 7 days. We got a fantastic deal and I am so happy I intend on writing a letter of thanks to my trip planner. He really went beyond what he had to do. When I recieved my email reservation he had even included some free vouchers. I had stated to him that I couldn't believe the deal I was getting, that it was fantastic, he said "oh yeah". I hope this helps with some of the questions.
I called and asked about this and they said they had no idea what I was talking about..:shrug::lol:

They said they do not do 3 digit pin #'s
So I guess you got lucky..:shrug:
Thanks maggiegrace... thanks for the answers!!

Some great info being spread around here!!
Anytime..:wave:

Upvote 0

WickedQueen22

Do you think the PIN dates are relatively similar year to year? We are thinking Oct 21-28, 2009 and it would be a great savings since we head out 2 weeks after I am to be in my brothers wedding.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

The Mysteries of PIN offers revelled

Disney will proactively send PIN Offers (also know as Direct Mail offers) to random Guests by E-mail or Direct Mail. The mailing will not include a package code, but will include a PIN number with a reminder for the Guest to mention their PIN when calling. These offers are sent to Guest who have been entered into our household database such as those Guests who have...

• Traveled to Walt Disney World anytime in the past
  • Never been to Walt Disney World but called to price a vacation
  • Recently registered online at disneyworld.com
  • Recently ordered a Vacation Planning Video online

Each offer is unique and many different offers may be released at the same time, for the same or similar travel dates, but the offer itself may be different. Some offers may be distributed to Guest who only meet certain criteria such as resident of a select State (FL, GA, NY, etc.) or Country (Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, etc.) Other offer may only be distributed to Guest who have not visited Walt Disney World in x number of years. Still others may have no criteria at all. The only constant factor is the individual choice of Guest names is ALWAYS random.

PIN offers are always non-transferable. If the guest can verify the name and address on the card and they are either that person, or the spouse of that person AND they currently live at the same address listed on the card, they may take advantage of this offer based on availability. If they do not meet this criteria, the answer is no. Transferring of PIN offers can result in both the Guests (the one who received the offer and the one who used it) being permanently removed from receiving future offers.

If a PIN is attached to a Guest's household, but the Guest has not received the PIN offer in the mail, a DRC Cast Member will automatically offer the promotion if it is available for the Guest's dates. There is never a need to call just to ask us to "check" to see if a PIN offer is listed under your name.

Although many PIN offers will only offer a Room-only offer or a basic Magic Your Way Package, nearly all will allow you to upgrade to a package such as the Magic Your Way Plus Dine or Deluxe Dine (this is what the Cast Member meant by "I converted your pin into a 3 digit pin".) Also like most discount offers, the lead-in rate may only list Value Resorts or Deluxe Villas, but often will include all 23 of our resort hotels, just ask!

Please always note the travel dates listed on the offer. If the offer states the travel dates as August 10 - 17th, 2008 then your arrival dates must be within these dates to use this offer. If you wish to arrive on August 9th, the offer will not be available. If you choose to depart after August 17th the offer may be available for some of your dates, but you will pay rack rates for any date past August 17th.

Upvote 0

WickedQueen22

So heading to disney.com and registering the other parties in out trip may or may not improve my chances of someone getting a PIN??? lol upgrading to WL is my DREAM!! We will be there for my 30th birthday and it will be my brother's honeymoon.

Upvote 0

spoodles

So if you book based on a room-only PIN offer you received, but you upgrade to a Magic Your Way plus Dine, do you also save on the MYW tickets and dining?

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

So if you book based on a room-only PIN offer you received, but you upgrade to a Magic Your Way plus Dine, do you also save on the MYW tickets and dining?

This will vary based on the individual discount offer. In most cases, if the offer states "up to 40% off your room" for a room-only offer, the same dollar value of the savings will deducted from the package price. Other offers may give a slightly higher discount on a package version of the discount offer.

The savings can also vary slightly between a room-only price and a package price due to how taxes are calculated between these two types reservations.

Remember, with a vacation package you are purchasing the room, ticket and dining at a single package price. The individual components are not priced separately.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Congrats to those who got them. I am never that lucky anymore. The last time i got one was I think around 2000. And now since i use mu annual pass for discounts they dont like me anymore.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom