I found out where Disney hid the new camera in Spaceship Earth

SummerInFL

Testtrack321 said:
*note to self* don't start make our session until after the Egypt part *note to self*

LOL and miss an opportunity to make it on stupidguesttricks.com? hehe JK

I understand that some people do things like that on rides. I personally go on the ride for the enjoyment of the ride, if I want to make out with my fiance I'll go back to the hotel room. :drevil:

ScrapIron

On the one hand, the world is probably better off without anyone that would jump from one vehicle to the other, but I guess we really should prevent it. Two people have died in the past doing that on the People Mover in DL (1967, 1980). The slow moving rides can give a false sense of security. I don't know about SSE, but on the HM, you are actually riding very high above any solid surface in some points.

Cheers.

psuchad

ScrapIron said:
...on the HM, you are actually riding very high above any solid surface in some points.

Can a CM confirm this? How do they get people off the ride in a break down? Ladder?

TiggersPooh

I like the camera, I too noticed it yesterday. TTA has always had one and yet people STILL do very stupid things.
Safety is ALWAYS before show.

spoodles

yodathefrog said:
Woah, anyone else kinda freaked out by the little girl in the picture with the creepy look... :lookaroun
LMAO. I thought the same thing. She reminds me of the kid in the "ghost" shot taken in HM.

trdisneyfan

Maybe Epcot should host an exhibit called "The Marvel of Infrared Photography: Caught in the Act" and have it be a montage of guests caught doing dumb things in the "dark" parts of various attractions over the years, whether it be P.D.A., standing up, nose picking, jumping out of the vehicles, etc, etc.

He he.

psuchad

trdisneyfan said:
Maybe Epcot should host an exhibit called "The Marvel of Infrared Photography: Caught in the Act" and have it be a montage of guests caught doing dumb things in the "dark" parts of various attractions over the years, whether it be P.D.A., standing up, nose picking, jumping out of the vehicles, etc, etc.

He he.

Better yet it could be a special on Fox! Right after Worlds Sexiest Celebrity’s Hidden Video of Plastic Surgery Performed During A Police Chase.<o:p></o:p>

ScrapIron

psuchad said:
Can a CM confirm this? How do they get people off the ride in a break down? Ladder?

On the HM "beneath the cars is a fake floor, hiding the drive mechanism and an average 8 foot drop". (More Mouse Tales, page 116)

On Indy at DL, and presumeably Dino at the AK, the seats are often 15 feet above the ground.

Cheers.

ChrisH9339

The security camera doesn't offend me, as it's harmless a la the one at the start of the TTA. Definitely safety before show. I didn't realize that the camera was installed though... I thought the entire ride was under surveillance? Was I wrong?

TheOneVader

psuchad said:
Better yet it could be a special on Fox! Right after Worlds Sexiest Celebrity’s Hidden Video of Plastic Surgery Performed During A Police Chase.<o:p></o:p>

To quote the great Weird Al Yankovic: "Next week on FOX, watch lions eat Christians".

awallaceunc

I haven't seen it in person yet, but I actually think it adds something to the loading area/launch. Getting a pre-ride glimpse at those who are already inside the dome is just cool! The written warning might not be "cool" per se, but I don't think it's any different than the "keep your hands and feet inside the vehicles while they are in motion" type warnings that we get on a whole host of attractions. To the casual guest, this will probably seem no more out of place than those type of warnings, and I wouldn't be surprised if people don't pick up on the fact that it's a live feed or that it's meant to be surveillance. I certainly prefer this to having the ride stopped for 10 minutes or the warnings to PDA offenders on the TTA that I've heard multiple times.

-Aaron

TiggersPooh

TTA...the only time Ill make an annoucement for PDA is when it gets too intense and when I can isolate it in a dark zone, we can talk just to the dark areas.

Saying that, I have never made that announcement I just give them the look of "i know what youre doing" as they reride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom