Pre-Trip I Feel Like I'm Forgetting Something... Where's Your Father?

55 Days to go...

Yes, it took me 10 months to finish last year's TR, let's see if I can finish this Pre-Trip Report in 55 days... Oh the pressure!

For those of you who do not know us... My beloved cast of characters:

There is me - Mary/Mom (46)

thumb_IMG_8225_1024.jpg

Ross/Daddy (47)

IMG_6923.jpg

Julia (14)

thumb_IMG_0515_1024.jpg

Hope (7)

thumb_STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR2_7499471879_1024 2.jpg

Our past adventures include:

September 2013 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/completed-this-is-autism-when-you-add-a-little-pixie-dust.873100/

September 2014 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/honey-i-blew-up-the-magic-band-completed.892800/

September 2015 Trip

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-hopping-a-september-2015-trip-report.905518/

One Day I'll figure out how to put them in the signature.

Our next trip brings us to the WDW September 12-24 - it will be our longest trip ever! It is filled with lots of our favorites and some exciting firsts.

Like I said, today we are at the 55 day mark; however, I think I need to backtrack just a little bit...

To everyone reading - welcome aboard!

Ready... Set... Here we go!

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am soooooo excited for you guys! Can't wait to hear all about this trip! Brooklyn and I went to Dutch Wonderland yesterday and all we could do was compare everything to Disney lol...great news that Julia is ready to conquer RnRC!

Oh - we always make comparisons to Disney! lol

Yes - she is ready to conquer RnRC! (I just won't mention the head banging.)

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
10 Days to go...

We interrupt this pre-trip report for a State Fair update. We are a 4-H family and next to Disney, State Fair is Julia's favorite time of year. We get to go up to Syracuse and spend the week of our county's rotation. It is so much fun! Hope gets special time with daddy & grandma & pop-pop and Julia & I head to what I call the biggest slumber party in the world!

It also means that WDW planning is suspended until fair is over!

I am so proud of my Julia she received the purple rosette for PINY - Produced In New York - a cooking demo using NYS produced ingredients. She made pan seared salmon over rice with steamed veggies and a yogurt - cucumber dip.

IMG_7853.JPG

IMG_7892.JPG

S
he was thrilled to find out her friend also received the purple rosette for his rotation.

IMG_7899.JPG

She also received a purple rosette for her record book. I am a proud mama. She works very hard.

IMG_8037.JPG

I always consider State Fair a good place to "train" for Disney as far as walking goes. Over 7 days we walked just under 60 miles! Not too shabby! Our Disney shoes are broken in and ready to go!

State fair is pretty cool. Where else can you see an enormous sand sculpture - only to be outdone by a butter sculpture. I think you can buy and ingest anything deep fried - Julia picked Oreos - not too daring! lol

IMG_7909.JPG
IMG_7981.JPG
IMG_8024.JPG
IMG_8122.JPG

Last edited:

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
We also got to see some cool concerts from groups that preform at the fair. I had to think of you @Tony the Tigger when I saw this...

IMG_8030.JPG

Truth be told I am not a huge Air Supply fan, but I have to admit, I knew every word to every song! So perhaps I am just in denial.

Julia made me laugh when she turned to me and asked with the greatest sincerity, "Mommy, were they always this old?" (Ouch - that hurt.)

IMG_8075.JPG
IMG_8097.JPG
IMG_8098.JPG

I did not hear them play "Two Less lonely People" - we were a little late - we had to watch a cow giving birth - hey only at the state fair! But maybe they will sing this one at Epcot.

Scoppin

10 Days to go...

We interrupt this pre-trip report for a State Fair update. We are a 4-H family and next to Disney, State Fair is Julia's favorite time of year. We get to go up to Syracuse and spend the week of our county's rotation. It is so much fun! Hope gets special time with daddy & grandma & pop-pop and Julia & I head to what I call the biggest slumber party in the world!

It also means that WDW planning is suspended until fair is over!

I am so proud of my Julia she received the purple rosette for PINY - Produced In New York - a cooking demo using NYS produced ingredients. She made pan seared salmon over rice with steamed veggies and a yogurt - cucumber dip.

View attachment 158807

View attachment 158809
S
he was thrilled to find out her friend also received the purple rosette for his rotation.

View attachment 158810

She also received a purple rosette for her record book. I am a proud mama. She works very hard.

View attachment 158811

I always consider State Fair a good place to "train" for Disney as far as walking goes. Over 7 days we walked just under 60 miles! Not too shabby! Our Disney shoes are broken in and ready to go!

State fair is pretty cool. Where else can you see an enormous sand sculpture - only to be outdone by a butter sculpture. I think you can buy and ingest anything deep fried - Julia picked Oreos - not too daring! lol

View attachment 158812 View attachment 158813 View attachment 158814 View attachment 158815

Congratulations to Julia for both of her ribbons. Must be exciting for her, not to mention for you.

10 days, how exciting. We are 13 days out. Maybe we will bump into you in all the hustle and bustle that is WDW. I must admit starting to feel real. And this should be enough time for all the weather patterns to leave the area.

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
Congratulations to Julia for both of her ribbons. Must be exciting for her, not to mention for you.

10 days, how exciting. We are 13 days out. Maybe we will bump into you in all the hustle and bustle that is WDW. I must admit starting to feel real. And this should be enough time for all the weather patterns to leave the area.

Thank you so much! It was very exciting. Yes - I was worried about the hurricane but I think we will be in the clear. If you see us, please say "hi" and have a great trip! I hope your kiddos are super surprised!

Scoppin

Thank you so much! It was very exciting. Yes - I was worried about the hurricane but I think we will be in the clear. If you see us, please say "hi" and have a great trip! I hope your kiddos are super surprised!

If I am able to figure out how to load a picture anytime soon, I will post a couple of us (as I don't think we have one with all three of us in one picture) in my pre trip report.

Scoppin

Yes, it would be great if all the weather passes. Mind you from what I have read, a little shower is not a bad thing to get rid of those afraid of melting.

I will try. I will be the one looking up and around in amazement at all of the change since I was there last, 40 years ago.

So far so good in keeping it a surprise. Next stumbling block with the US customs officer asking us where we are going. Trying to figure out how I can get around of actually saying it.

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
So here we are 9 days out...

I couldn't wait any more so I got "pre-trip" Disney nails. lol

IMG_7591.JPG

I just finished packing for the 3 of us - I only need to pick up a few heath & beauty supplies from the store tomorrow. My girls are insisting on taking their favorite snack with them - Veggie Straws. I swear, the box is taking up half of our suitcase!
thumb_IMG_8474_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_8466_1024.jpg

Oh well, more room for souvenirs I guess. lol

Ross is insisting he is packing himself. Oh boy - he NEVER packs by himself. But he is a big boy! The only thing he is nervous about is his boarding pass. I have to forward my sister the e-mail so she can print it out for him.

I also need to pick up something called earplanes. My sister told me about them. They are supposed to be earplugs to help with ear issues on planes. I forgot to put in my last TR that on the plane ride home, I had an issue with my ears popping that left a ringing in my left ear. I can ignore it now, but I really don't want to do more damage. I saw 4 different doctors who basically told me to "get use to it".

Hope wants to take every princess dress with her but I had to put my foot down and "limit" her to 7. (Disney Store had an AWESOME sale over the summer and I stocked up! Unfortunately, some are too big for her to wear yet.)

thumb_IMG_8464_1024.jpg

Now if I can just remember where I put our Magical Express tags...

Scoppin

So here we are 9 days out...

I couldn't wait any more so I got "pre-trip" Disney nails. lol

View attachment 159145

I just finished packing for the 3 of us - I only need to pick up a few heath & beauty supplies from the store tomorrow. My girls are insisting on taking their favorite snack with them - Veggie Straws. I swear, the box is taking up half of our suitcase!
View attachment 159151
View attachment 159149

Oh well, more room for souvenirs I guess. lol

Ross is insisting he is packing himself. Oh boy - he NEVER packs by himself. But he is a big boy! The only thing he is nervous about is his boarding pass. I have to forward my sister the e-mail so she can print it out for him.

I also need to pick up something called earplanes. My sister told me about them. They are supposed to be earplugs to help with ear issues on planes. I forgot to put in my last TR that on the plane ride home, I had an issue with my ears popping that left a ringing in my left ear. I can ignore it now, but I really don't want to do more damage. I saw 4 different doctors who basically told me to "get use to it".

Hope wants to take every princess dress with her but I had to put my foot down and "limit" her to 7. (Disney Store had an AWESOME sale over the summer and I stocked up! Unfortunately, some are too big for her to wear yet.)

View attachment 159150

Now if I can just remember where I put our Magical Express tags...
Nice nails. Cut down to 7 dresses. I think I will be packing 3 for DD. Ha, that is funny. My two love veggie sticks as well. Bring a bag down myself. Yes, it would open up some souvenir space. That makes for good planning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom