I don't want all these magic bands!

MickeyKimmy

Original Poster
So DH and I already have magic bands from our previous trip. When I look on My Disney Experience it looks like we are going to be sent 3 additional sets of bands - we are splitting our stay in September between BLT and VGF and we are also passholders. Is there any way to change your preferences so they don't send you additional bands (it seems so wasteful for us each to have 4 bands) or are they going to send them no matter what even if I don't customize the bands?

MickeyKimmy

Original Poster
Thanks just thought I would ask if there was a way to stop them. What a waste of money to keep shipping these bands to people who already have them! Oh well, guess I will have a band to match every outfit.

MickeyKimmy

Original Poster
So follow-up question: from what I gather from everything else I am reading on the boards if I have mutiple bands but they are all linked to my account I can use any of the bands for my upcoming trip? So I could wear one band the whole trip or I could wear a different one every day? Is that right?

lostpro9het

Tom

Beta Return
So follow-up question: from what I gather from everything else I am reading on the boards if I have mutiple bands but they are all linked to my account I can use any of the bands for my upcoming trip? So I could wear one band the whole trip or I could wear a different one every day? Is that right?

Yes, but be sure to make sure the CM that checks you in knows which bands you plan to use as a door key.

Right! All of your bands, as long as they're still activated in your MDE account, will work as ticket media. However, we learned on our March trip (which also was a triple-split stay) that the only bands that will open doors are the ones granted permission by the front desk.

MickeyKimmy

Original Poster
Oh that is good to know. Would hate to not be able to get into my room! So I would have to pick one band for each of us that works as the door key or would I give the CM at check-in all my bands to make sure they all can open the door? Can you do that?

G8rchamps

So when you customize them they print a name on the inside. We have had to start "coding" our bands so we know which trip they are from. We plan to use them to start our Christmas countdown 36 days out.....yep 36 magic bands.

MickeyKimmy

Original Poster
So when you customize them they print a name on the inside. We have had to start "coding" our bands so we know which trip they are from. We plan to use them to start our Christmas countdown 36 days out.....yep 36 magic bands.

Ok, my 8 magic bands don't seem so bad now compared to your 36!!

disney4life2008

Hark them on ebay - I am sure people will buy them. When I saw people selling refillable mugs from the food court that did it for me, lol. But alas - people will buy anything.

lostpro9het

So I would have to pick one band for each of us that works as the door key or would I give the CM at check-in all my bands to make sure they all can open the door? Can you do that?
Yes. On our most recent trip the CM printed of all our band IDs and said "Ok, which bands do you want to use as your door key". She then went through and highlighted the ones we wanted to use and they all worked.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I started doing that. First bands had our names. Passholder bands has namePass. The next three have initials and trip date (xxx051414).

PrincessLinZ

I have the same issue. We went to WDW in March 2014 and are going back in July. DH and I already have Magic Bands and are being sent new ones. I talked to a CM about this and they said that both of my Magic Bands will be linked to my new tickets, reservations, photos, etc. Unless of course I go on www.mydisneyexperience.com and deactivate the band I won't be using. The CM I spoke with also said these bands have small batteries in them. He said the batteries should last at least a year. I figure I will choose a different color this time and alternate the colors to coordinate with my outfits.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Right! All of your bands, as long as they're still activated in your MDE account, will work as ticket media. However, we learned on our March trip (which also was a triple-split stay) that the only bands that will open doors are the ones granted permission by the front desk.

That hasn't been my experience in my last couple of stays. All of our bands "just worked" as keys without the front desk even seeing them.

plaz10

I also think it is very wasteful

But all the bands worked and were linked to my FP and room. So I was able to match my band to my outfit for the day! (I'm sorry that was such a girlie response..:rolleyes:)

lostpro9het

That hasn't been my experience in my last couple of stays. All of our bands "just worked" as keys without the front desk even seeing them.
For whatever reason, the CM had our list of bands and noted that, out of the 23 we have, 4 of them would not work as door keys unless we asker her to add them to the list even though they were active AND acted as park admission just fine.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
For whatever reason, the CM had our list of bands and noted that, out of the 23 we have, 4 of them would not work as door keys unless we asker her to add them to the list even though they were active AND acted as park admission just fine.

Yeah, I've given up trying to make sense of some of this stuff. We have a few RFID cards that we brought to see if they would work as keys. They did, but only after we disabled and re-enabled them in the app. An old RFID room key, however, would NOT work.

Tom

Beta Return

It could be that it's hit-and-miss....or we were just unfortunate during our trip. We stayed at the BWV, then cruise, then Grand Floridian Villa, then Wilderness Villa. We never tested more than one at BWV because we got in so late and didn't think about it. Only one band (of the three we each had) worked the GF door, and that was after we went back downstairs to have them activate them since none worked at first.

Come to think of it, I think they all worked at Wilderness. So, maybe it was just a glitch at the GF.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom