I Don't Have The Heart To Tell Her

Ralphlaw

I was just reminded that friends of ours who went there years ago said that many Jewish people seem to show up during Christmas. Probably won't be a line for the pork shanks at Gaston's Tavern.

MaryJaneP

You ruined it!!!!! You were supposed to say nothing now and then, when she came back, and IF she accurately 'fessed up to it being a total CF, THEN and only then could you have said, with an entirely straight face, I WARNED YOU. Maybe, unlikely, but maybe, she would actually listen to you in the future, since she obviously ignored your "warning" last time.

Fable McCloud

Going through the same thing with a few family members right now. We are going down January 22nd-29th and suggested they come down with us. We got flights for $89.00 each way on Jetblue and rented an offsite villa with plenty of room for a couple more. The idea of chilly temperatures deferred their planning and they have decided to go in July. FOURTH OF JULY WEEK! I told them before booking of my past experiences going in July. Between the extreme heat, tour groups with flags and 40 minute wait times for pirates I thought they would change their minds. All they keep saying is "your going to freeze your behind off." I've gone to wdw in January many times in the past and yes there were times it was quite cold. I'm from Boston though, nothing I've never experienced before.

I went the last week of February, and it was empty and relatively comfortable. I wore Jeans, flips, and a t shirt all week. That's nice "out in the sun all day" weather, and I'm from Western Mass.

Joyce Castro

Going through the same thing with a few family members right now. We are going down January 22nd-29th and suggested they come down with us. We got flights for $89.00 each way on Jetblue and rented an offsite villa with plenty of room for a couple more. The idea of chilly temperatures deferred their planning and they have decided to go in July. FOURTH OF JULY WEEK! I told them before booking of my past experiences going in July. Between the extreme heat, tour groups with flags and 40 minute wait times for pirates I thought they would change their minds. All they keep saying is "your going to freeze your behind off." I've gone to wdw in January many times in the past and yes there were times it was quite cold. I'm from Boston though, nothing i've never experienced before. I simply suggested that they pack for all types of weather and come with us... the know it alls arent having it.

This. Is. Hilarious. The off-chance that there "might" be a cold front, and even if there is you only need a jacket to enjoy. Its bearable and the light crowds and barely any lines is too good to pass up! Fourth of July is not the smartest idea. Like anyone living in Florida knows... the humidity will lead to afternoon showers for sure. Hopefully no ligtning is involved. :facepalm:

BuddyThomas

I was just reminded that friends of ours who went there years ago said that many Jewish people seem to show up during Christmas. Probably won't be a line for the pork shanks at Gaston's Tavern.
Ummmmmmmm..........errrrrrrrrr.........ummmmmmmm.........my partner is Jewish. Should I be offended?

HouCuseChickie

The funny thing...even if you sat her down and painted an ultra-accurate picture of the crowds/issues...many first timers don't get it until they're immersed in it and are forced to cope. The power of the faulty logic that fueled the choice of timing mixed with their ignorance is often too much - especially if they've convinced themselves that they know everything.

Mattius

I went that week last year and I am going again this year (Dec 28-Jan 4 for us). My family always goes together and that seems to be the best time of the year for everyone. It's going to be crazy. Like 70-minute-Figment-line crazy (at times). Over the years we've learned how to deal with the insane crowds and kind of embrace it at this point. Of course I would rather go at less crowded times, but this works for everyone. The only other time we've gone is summer and it's just hot AND crowded then. As long as you schedule your day right and know which days are worst (New Year's Eve) you can easily get to everything in a week. Sometimes you just need to step back and relax. In my opinion Disney handles crowds fairly well and they never ruin our trip.

However, for most people it's a different story. It sounds like your coworker is either in denial or extremely gullible. I sincerely hope that her family has a great time, but the vacation seems to have been set up for failure. When you plan to go at that time I don't understand how people are surprised that it's crowded... Who knows, maybe I'll see her reaction to the Toy Story Mania line when I'm there ;). I'm gonna make the bold prediction that it tops out at 4 hours this year.

copcarguyp71

If she's booked then what would be the point anyway...sit back and watch the carnage unfold. Make sure you friend her on FB so you can see realtime updates from 120 minute queues or horrendously mobbed parade routes.

Disney Shib

This. Is. Hilarious. The off-chance that there "might" be a cold front, and even if there is you only need a jacket to enjoy. Its bearable and the light crowds and barely any lines is too good to pass up! Fourth of July is not the smartest idea. Like anyone living in Florida knows... the humidity will lead to afternoon showers for sure. Hopefully no ligtning is involved. :facepalm:

I tried telling them! They think the flights are going to be very cheap. I was like it doesnt get much cheaper than $89 nonstop on Jetblue... SMH!

Hot Lava

Over the years we've learned how to deal with the insane crowds and kind of embrace it at this point.

When dealing with a situation you know beforehand will be bad, mindset is everything. You know it will be crowded and hard to get on rides, into restaurants, etc. Setting yourself in the mindset for this is tremendously helpful.
Although in regard to a trip to WDW, it probably helps if you also know that your trip is not your one and only trip to WDW. :)

Uncle Lupe

I am a passive aggressive guy. However, you did the right thing in at least trying to warn her. If nothing else think of the children.

kfergdisney

Nathan-Fillion-Loss-For-Words-Reaction-Gif.gif

I heart him. And yes, that reaction is perfect!

kfergdisney

Knowing myself, I have a tendency to argue...and present the facts via technology. I did want to be a lawyer. If I know I am correct, I have a hard time letting it go, unless I can see that either the person is not being reasonable and does not want to listen to me or I can see there is no point.
I know how to pick my battles. Some people need to learn for themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom