I Don't Have The Heart To Tell Her

Megalodumb

Original Poster
...but oh is she gonna find out!

One of my coworkers is taking her family down to WDW for the first time. They will be there Dec 28-Jan 2. She says to me (almost verbatim): "It shouldn't be too crowded since New Years is more of a party time and Disney isn't a party place. Besides, people will be busy having too much fun playing with their Christmas goodies at home."

Mind you, she is not one to take advice, and seems to ALWAYS know what's best.
So while the kind-heart in me wants to give her a heads-up as to what crowds are to be expected, the mischievous deviant in me wants to stay silent & just wait to hear the drama unfold when she returns from her trip. Oh, and did I mention she's known to often gripe about the grocery store when there's more than 4 people in line ahead of her? Yeah. Something tells me to just stay quiet, get the popcorn ready, and enjoy the show.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

One of my co-workers is taking her family down to WDW for the first time. They will be there Dec 28-Jan 2. She says to me (almost verbatim): "It shouldn't be too crowded since New Years is more of a party time and Disney isn't a party place. Besides, people will be busy having too much fun playing with their Christmas goodies at home."

My Reaction to this...
c97.jpg

BuddyThomas

One of my co-workers is taking her family down to WDW for the first time. They will be there Dec 28-Jan 2. She says to me (almost verbatim): "It shouldn't be too crowded since New Years is more of a party time and Disney isn't a party place. Besides, people will be busy having too much fun playing with their Christmas goodies at home."

So while the kind-heart in me wants to give her a heads-up as to what crowds are to be expected, the mischievous deviant in me wants to stay silent & just wait to hear the drama unfold when she returns from her trip. Oh, and did I mention she's known to often gripe about the grocery store when there's more than 4 people in line ahead of her? Yeah. Something tells me to just stay quiet, get the popcorn ready, and enjoy the show.
That's the Disney spirit! Congrats!

NYwdwfan

My husband's friend had his wife call me yesterday to pick my brain for planning. She was concerned because she wants to stay at Beach Club and it seemed expensive but when she looked into buying points it was unavailable. They already booked airfare and are now planning backwards. Ready for the week? Easter. I felt bad - its their first family trip and the only week she can take off work. I didn't have the heart to tell her either.

jlsHouston

haha, you're really waiting for this trip report now aren't you!:angelic:

Disney Shib

Going through the same thing with a few family members right now. We are going down January 22nd-29th and suggested they come down with us. We got flights for $89.00 each way on Jetblue and rented an offsite villa with plenty of room for a couple more. The idea of chilly temperatures deferred their planning and they have decided to go in July. FOURTH OF JULY WEEK! I told them before booking of my past experiences going in July. Between the extreme heat, tour groups with flags and 40 minute wait times for pirates I thought they would change their minds. All they keep saying is "your going to freeze your behind off." I've gone to wdw in January many times in the past and yes there were times it was quite cold. I'm from Boston though, nothing i've never experienced before. I simply suggested that they pack for all types of weather and come with us... the know it alls arent having it.

DVC4bestvacations

Going through the same thing with a few family members right now. We are going down January 22nd-29th and suggested they come down with us. We got flights for $89.00 each way on Jetblue and rented an offsite villa with plenty of room for a couple more. The idea of chilly temperatures deferred their planning and they have decided to go in July. FOURTH OF JULY WEEK! I told them before booking of my past experiences going in July. Between the extreme heat, tour groups with flags and 40 minute wait times for pirates I thought they would change their minds. All they keep saying is "your going to freeze your behind off." I've gone to wdw in January many times in the past and yes there were times it was quite cold. I'm from Boston though, nothing i've never experienced before. I simply suggested that they pack for all types of weather and come with us... the know it alls arent having it.

To each his own. I have vacationed at WDW no less than 4 times over the 4th of July holiday. It's hot & crowded but it never stopped us from having a great time. I personally prefer warmer weather when we visit WDW.

hellowonderland

xCukw7m.gif

Brer Mickey

People never learn until they experience the horror themselves. Living in Miami, I have had numerous friends invite me to WDW when they are down visiting. They never understand why I don't accept during certain times of the year. That being said, I have an acquaintance whose family is planning to be in the World Dec. 20-23 and they are convinced they will be the only ones there. Ignorance is bliss, I guess...

ExtinctJenn

Had almost this EXACT situation last year with a coworker friend of mine. She'd tell me over and over how she wanted me to help her plan and to give her advice... so I did. She took none of it. She booked her trip for Christmas week and used the same line about how no one will be there on Christmas etc. I gave her advice on how to deal with the crowds... told her straight up it'd be a mad house and she was wrong but, because she didn't think I was right, she ignored my advice. Two days into her trip she texts me and tells me it's absolutely nuts and they can't get into any restaurants and they've only ridden 3 things and it's already 4pm etc. I responded back with "maybe next time you'll believe the girl you tell everyone is the Disney expert." :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom