I did something dumb...seeking reassurance!

Ohana-Means-Family

Original Poster
Hey everyone. I am from the UK and booked hotel / ticket / free dining direct through Disney. No flights yet, that'll be separate. Going in Sept 2020.

Anyway here's my mistake... I'm the lead passenger and I've booked in my married name, however, my passport is and will be in my maiden name.

My other form of ID (UK driving license) will be in my married name, and I'll have my marriage certificate with me also (which happens to be a Floridian marriage license!) ...will this be enough? And they'll be ok with it?

I assume Disney will want to charge me to change it. Or I could just bite the bullet and update my passport 4 years early. Which would of course be annoying and a waste but I guess I could.

What do you guys think?

I know the flight is the really important one so I want to make sure I've settled on what I'm doing with the resort reservation before I book the flights!

cosmicgirl

Just call them and ask. I don't think they will charge you to change it in this case. And for what it's worth: I don't recall them even asking for a passport when checking in; a credit card was enough. You could simply offer your driver's license if they ask. And if you've been before you could even use an old magicband and skip the front desk.

Unless you can't wait to get a passport that doesn't have EU on it I certainly wouldn't renew it 4 years early. ;)

Ohana-Means-Family

Original Poster
Thank you for the reassurance! We do have existing magic bands but they will probably have a flat battery by then as it'll be 2 years old (and I'd like another new one !:))
I'll give them a ring and see what they say.

jaklgreen

Your legal name only matters when you are flying. At Disney, they won't care. When they ask for your ID when you check in, you can just tell them that you recently got married and have not changed your name yet. You can even give your husband's ID to them at check in. You won't have any issues at WDW.

DisneyJill

you should be fine, just explain that you were recently married. add a celebration to your reservation and you'll get the buttons. when we were there for our first anniversary they upgraded our view at yacht club. not guaranteed of course, but some cast members will see your buttons and do things for you. :)

PopPopBear

Thank you for the reassurance! We do have existing magic bands but they will probably have a flat battery by then as it'll be 2 years old (and I'd like another new one !:))
I'll give them a ring and see what they say.
[/QUOTE

If you decide to not receive new magic bands there should be no worries on your existing magic bands not working. They operate with a radio frequency identifier (RFID).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom