I could cry...

Summitplummet14

Original Poster
Is it me, or does it seem like the whole atmosphere of MGM ( see there I go again :cry:) DHS, is going to be different without everything saying mgm studios, and people saying oh! lets go to mgm oh! wait it's "Hollywood Studios". I mean it's not even a catchy name that people can say like mgm.... any thoughts or disagreements with me?? lol

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Is it me, or does it seem like the whole atmosphere of MGM ( see there I go again :cry:) DHS, is going to be different without everything saying mgm studios, and people saying oh! lets go to mgm oh! wait it's "Hollywood Studios". I mean it's not even a catchy name that people can say like mgm.... any thoughts or disagreements with me?? lol

Hmm.. not so much. Wait until Block Party opens - then the sleepy sort of nature of MGM will be very different. It's a loud energetic show.

Summitplummet14

Original Poster
Yeah I see what you are saying.....but I think that most people that have been there before that know MGM (DHS) will still call it MGM and it will always remember it as MGM(me and my family)... you know what i Mean lol?

EPCOT.nut

Dunno! They already re-named my favorite park a long time ago...:ROFLOL:...so I guess I am just soooo jaded now that I don't care. I will still call it MGM just to be cheeky.

Summitplummet14

Original Poster
I just really think that Disney decided on a stinky name, and what happened that they had to change the name, did mgm bail out on them

EPCOT.nut

Yeah they had a pressing reason to change the name, I'm pretty sure. Dunno what it was. It's really not a bad name except there is a Hollywood Florida and that makes it really funny to me. Hollywood Studios Florida - YIKES, lol.

Is MGM your favorite park?

Summitplummet14

Original Poster
It's weird to me, because MGM doesn't really have that much to offer, but the atmosphere sticks to me and kinda making it my fav park, and it is really hard to decide ( if you look at my profile it says: Fav. Park: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM, and Animal kingdom lol! :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

kcnole

It's just a name - what's the difference?

That's not what you've had to say relating to the Epcot vs EPCOT Center Debates.

That said, the new name doesn't bother me. I'm just excited that the park may actually become a worthwhile place to visit and not a half day park anymore. I wish it could get back to showing off some of the ideas like it did back in the 90's, but at this point I'll accept the pixarization and lucasization of it if it means fun, new attractions.

NCState

I loved MGM with the 'old movie/Hollywood' feel....I just hope that feel doesn't go away. I'm not impressed with HSM or Block Party thing.

Miss Stitch

I don't see why the park itself will change..:shrug: I mean, unless they take out all of our favorite rides..it's still "MGM" just with a different title.

EPCOT.nut

Is MGM your favorite park?

It's weird to me, because MGM doesn't really have that much to offer, but the atmosphere sticks to me and kinda making it my fav park, and it is really hard to decide ( if you look at my profile it says: Fav. Park: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM, and Animal kingdom lol! :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

I just had to ask - I kind of think so many on this board do not really have a big attachment to MGM, although I have met a few that do.

As a park memorabilia collector, I had a mini-stroke that at the end of the year I did not have much money to buy stuff with the old park name other than some beloved and much-needed shot glasses. :eek:

JLW11Hi

I think the name fits really well. The idea for the park is that you are actually in "Hollywood", right as you enter the gates. You aren't actually in the "studio" until you reach the backlot portion of the park.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I don't think I'd let a name change bug me too much, just call it the Studios. Heck I changed my name about 12 years ago and I'm still as great as I ever was.

:lookaroun

or not...

:eek:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think the new name is ill-conceived. Everyone knows that MGM Studios was part of the Orlando parks, now with the name Hollywood, its going to confuse people. There's Hollywood, ca and Hollywood, FL also

I still think they should have went with "Disney's Classic Hollywood Studios".

I keep hearing this was a very last minute decision and it was supposed to be called "Disney-Pixar Studios" until the very last few hours or minutes of decision making...truly well thought out as most things are at WDW these days :rolleyes:

Tom Morrow

^ The "Disney-Pixar Studios" name, I'm willing to bet, was just another rumor that originated from the many speculators across the internet. I'm not "in the know", but the news of new Pixar section of the park probably somehow evolved into the rumor of the entire park's name changing.

Also, how anyone can think that Disney-Pixar Studios would be a better name is beyond me. The new name reflects what the park is all about - Hollywood. Its a fake studios now, but Hollywood is fake, too. The new name simply states "this is Disney's version of Hollywood", which is a heck of a lot better than "The Disney & PixarBecauseWeHaveToIncludeThemEverywhereNow Studios."

I just had to ask - I kind of think so many on this board do not really have a big attachment to MGM, although I have met a few that do.
As far as atmosphere goes, the Studios has always been my favorite park, dating back to way before I started working there, when I first started coming as a kid. I'll take the park's laid back, somewhat quaint feel over Magic Kingdom's busy, rush everywhere atmosphere any day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom