Hybrid Lands: Disney/Universal Edition (join the fun!) (open brainstorming)

MickeyMouse10

Mt-Fuji-Japan-Image-by-Thiago-Leite-Shutterstock.jpg

karasha.png

This section is a combination of Frontierland + The Japan Pavilion. It is a land that is home to Samurais and Temples, with various cherry blossoms trees throughout. It is like Frontierland in layout and when it comes to types of attractions. But of course it is themed very differently with people with swords and ancient temples and other Japanese related things.

Kamikaze Falls (similar to Splash Mountain)

A retheme of splash where Briar Rabbit is now a Samurai and must battle a couple of bullies. A big Fat Panda and a Fox. The rest of the ride is made up of other animals found in Japan as well like The Ezo Momonga (flying Squirrel) and The Ezo Fukuro (owl)

Mysterious Mountain (similar to Big Thunder Mountain)

A Dragon has taken over the mountain. The poor villagers at the edge of the mountain live in fear that he will vanquish them all in fire. For some reason your mine cart has decided to go through the mountain to bring the villagers supplies. But that maybe your last mistake.

9f0d779f9a17632d3bb32c6c63356aaa.png

Meet the World (similar to carousel of progress)

An unbuilt attraction that was supposed to go in the Japan pavilion in Epcot, but they mismeasured the building. It is a lot like American Adventure, but it rotates like Carousel of Progress. It eventually was put in Tokyo Disneyland, where it stayed til 2002, where it was eventually replaced by Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek.

Restaurants

Tokyo Grill
Yakitori House
and Kabuki Cafe (serves Kaki Gori)

Last edited:

stitchcastle

Okay I need help with my hybrid lands:
  1. Adventureland+Liberty Square
  2. Frontierland+New Orleans Square
  3. Fantasyland+Tomorrowland

This looks pretty fun!

1) I guess an Adventureland + Liberty Square Hybrid would be a sort of trading port/way station during the age of exploration. You could call it something like "Adventurer's Court" and the attractions could be remixed Liberty Square ones. (Or if you want a specific locale, make it India early during British occupation) Like instead of the Hall of Presidents you can have "The Adventurer's Club" where it's an AA showcase of famous explorers and adventurers each recounting their exploits/showcasing their discoveries. And then in place of the Haunted Mansion you can have "The Raiders' Manor" where it's filled with ancient artifacts from around the world and some spell brings them to life. (Kinda like Mystic Manor, but you can make it more serious, maybe with a plot involving thieves trying to break in and accidentally activating a powerful spell).

2) Frontierland + New Orleans Square is fairly challenging but since much of the charm of New Orleans Square is that it's a fantastical version of a real place, you could do something similar with making a San Francisco themed area, set sometime near the end of the gold rush to bring in Frontierland elements. Big Thunder Mountain could be retranslated into Gold Rush Mountain where an earthquake happens that sets the mine trains to perilous routes. And then main San Francisco area could have a lot of multicultural influences that would show in the restaurants and cuisines in it. Even shops and brands from the real San Francisco could be there. Instead of Pirates of the Caribbean, the AA-heavy boat ride could be about Chinatown, The Haunted Mansion could actually stay intact, just with a more Western theme similar to Paris' version, maybe it's a large Victorian on a hill.

3) Fantasyland + Tomorrowland is interesting because this could just be the regular MK Tomorrowland or the original Hong Kong one. Space Mountain could act as the 'castle' which would be a massive difference and you could make dark rides out of popular Space/Future themed Disney movies. If we break it down to the traditional 3 dark rides. (The Scary one - Snow White; The Pretty One - Peter Pan; The Wild one - Mr. Toad) The Scary Dark Ride could be Buzz Lightyear themed which would then allow it a flat-pack ride outside, maybe the tea cups ride but with the little Aliens in it with a claw up in the ceiling. The Pretty Dark ride could be I dunno, Elio maybe? It hasn't been released yet but it looks like it would be a good fit for this, you're on a spaceship on a suspended track travelling through a new planet. And then the Wild Dark Ride could be Lilo and Stitch themed. Either way, there's a lot you could do with this sort of hybrid land. It doesn't even have to be space themed just future themed and have it all be 50's retro future like the Jetsons and fill it with robots and such.

HomeImagineer

Mt-Fuji-Japan-Image-by-Thiago-Leite-Shutterstock.jpg

karasha.png

This section is a combination of Frontierland + The Japan Pavilion. It is a land that is home to Samurais and Temples, with various cherry blossoms trees throughout. It is like Frontierland in layout and when it comes to types of attractions. But of course it is themed very differently with people with swords and ancient temples and other Japanese related things.

Kamikaze Falls (similar to Splash Mountain)

A retheme of splash where Briar Rabbit is now a Samurai and must battle a couple of bullies. A big Fat Panda and a Fox. The rest of the ride is made up of other animals found in Japan as well like The Ezo Momonga (flying Squirrel) and The Ezo Fukuro (owl)

A Dragon has taken over the mountain. The poor villagers at the edge of the mountain live in fear that he will vanquish them all in fire. For some reason your mine cart has decided to go through the mountain to bring the villagers supplies. But that maybe your last mistake.

Meet the World (similar to carousel of progress)

An unbuilt attraction that was supposed to go in the Japan pavilion in Epcot, but they mismeasured the building. It is a lot like American Adventure, but it rotates like Carousel of Progress. It eventually was put in Tokyo Disneyland, where it stayed til 2002, where it was eventually replaced by Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek.

Restaurants

Tokyo Grill
Yakitori House
and Kabuki Cafe (serves Kaki Gori)
ohhh that would be amazing, i do make an master plan idea of What If TWDC & Walt Disney still makes a Disneyland on the Far-East in Nara, Japan - (you know where Nara Dreamland was & no more) & that would be a great idea land for that ^^

stitchcastle

Land of the Rising Sun is pretty great! one thing I will say though about Mysterious Mountain is that eastern folklore doesn't really treat dragons the way westerners do. They're not necessarily feared so much as they are treated as gods and worshipped. They're usually even depicted as being benevolent and helpful to people. So I'd say maybe change the story a bit to be more culturally in line? Maybe instead of a train, have guests ride a dragon?

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
Adventureland + Frontierland =

WILDLAND
IMG_5286.jpeg

Where could this go? A new castle park of some sort

Attractions:
Mt. Kilimanjaro Big Thunder Mountain/Everest
African Safari Cruise (Jungle Cruise but themed to Africa, possibly using jeeps ala DAK)
Playground themed to Africa (Pride Rock/Elephant Graveyard?)
Indiana Jones with new story
Lion King Splash Mountain (themed to circle of life/stopping Scar and hyenas)​

Rambozo

Nice, it would be great for another country. Of course it wouldn't make sense for the state versions though, because of Animal Kingdom.

MickeyMouse10

latest

christmascarol.png

The next section if we are going in a row at Magic Kingdom is… Liberty Square + Muppet Courtyard. This was a match made in heaven for hybridness. Because the Muppets are involved in both the Haunted Mansion and American themed shows.

38408836-77B3-4924-BA07-A6484C25AA0D.jpeg

Muppets Haunted Mansion (similar to haunted mansion)

Based on the special of the same name, The Muppets are challenged to spend one entire night in the Haunted Mansion. Hilarity and horror ensues as our favorite characters are portrayed in familiar scenes.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Great American Dream featuring The Muppets (similar to hall of presidents)

Sam Eagle of the Muppets hosts a brand new show which retells the story of America, with a little help from other famous Muppets along the way. It’s similar to the former show and American Adventure … but with Muppets.

ep3-rowlf2.jpg

Restaurants

Regal Eagle
Rowlf’s Tavern
and Fozzie Bear’s Pies and More

Last edited:

RunForestRun

Oooooo, there is some nice ideas you got here ladies and gentlemen. They seem like real possibilities if they ever make another Foreign park.

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
How about: some lands at Universal? Like a combination of Harry Potter and Nintendo? Or Jurassic Park and Dr Seuss? Or some of the city based lands? Possibilities are practically endless

Maybe there could be combinations of lands from Disney and Universal, including international lands

RunForestRun

How about: some lands at Universal? Like a combination of Harry Potter and Nintendo? Or Jurassic Park and Dr Seuss? Or some of the city based lands? Possibilities are practically endless

Maybe there could be combinations of lands from Disney and Universal, including international lands

Yeah, they've got a new land as well. I can't wait to see it. Anything Minions makes me laugh.

Goofy Ninja

Yeah, they've got a new land as well. I can't wait to see it. Anything Minions makes me laugh.

I'd like it if Universal acted more like Disney. Then maybe we'd have some real competition. As is I'm not that big of a fan of Universal. Most of their rides are rollercoasters and screen based rides that shake you around and make you toss your cookies. Neither is good for my motion sickness.

MickeyMouse10

storybook forest sword in the stone.jpg

salterio-shadow.png

The following is a section based on Fantasyland (in Disneyland) and The U.K. Pavilion.

King Arthur’s Castle would be the landmark for this version of Disneyland. The resort itself would be in the country of England. But would celebrate all of the U.K., France, Germany and have an Alien inspired Tomorrowland and an Agrabah styled Adventureland.

As for Storybook Land, All of the attractions in this section will be set in the U.K. Representing three of the four regions, England, Scotland and Wales. Since Northern Ireland doesn’t have any Disney films set in their country.

Robin Hood (similar to Pinocchio)

This was one of my favorite movies growing up. It’s got some great country music in it… even though it takes place in England. Our heroes make their home in Sherwood Forest, where the evil Prince John cannot get them.

Sword in the Stone (similar to Snow White’s Enchanted Wish)

Sword has many scenes where the main characters shapeshift into different animals. Especially during the grand battle with Merlin and Madam Mim. These scenes help to make the film fit within the animal based land. The main character Arthur also spends much of the film as different animals as well. As Merlin tries to teach him how to react to different environments in the forest.

Mary Poppins’ Carousel (similar to King Arthur’s Carousel)

Though it doesn’t come off the tracks it is still a lot of fun. Featuring the classic music from the film.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks (similar to Dumbo)

Board a magical Bed and relive the moments from this animated/live action hybrid classic.

The Great Mouse Detective (similar to Peter Pan’s Flight)

Finally the world’s greatest rodent detective gets some much needed love. The evil Rattigan is at it again and it’s upto Basil and his loyal companion Dawson to stop him and his fiendish plans. You will board a coach and see the world of the mice, that live within the walls and sewers of London.

Walt-Disney-Screencaps-Cruella-De-Vil-walt-disney-characters-42908255-2561-1922.png

Cruella’s Crazy Ride (similar to Mister Toad’s Wild Ride)

For the first time you can be in the evil shoes of Cruella. As she zooms around town on the look out for our little spotted friends. You can hear her evil cackle and see her in reflections as you pass. In the end she nearly gets her wish, but unfortunately is thwarted by do gooders.

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (similar to Alice in Wonderland)

I’d like to tell a different story more about the inhabitants of the forest. More like Splash Mountain than the original incarnation.

Winnie the Pooh’s Spinning Hunny Pots (similar to Mad Tea Party)

Like the version in Disneyland, but with statues of each Pooh Character in every corner.

TAL-country-craft-narrowboats-WALESBARGE1222-2f262dbf923b446e9cece7205a577831.jpg

Storybook Land Canal Boats (similar to DL’s Storybook Land Canal Boat)

All of the stories in this Version of Fantasyland are represented. In a narrated tour, which uses a sound system rather than a person. This ride is similar to Living with the Land. With the sound system and has a more traditional U.K. style boat called the Narrowboat. Which provides more comfort than the tiny ones in Disneyland. The difference will be this version is more open air than the usual Narrowboat for sightlines.

Mr. Toad’s Countryside Roadtrip (similar to Casey Junior and Autopia)

The classic character is back in a brand new attraction. In it you will travel around areas of the English countryside, where you meet an array of unusual characters. Similar to Autopia, but with a lot more things to see. There also will be plenty of merchandise in the nearby shop for our favorite drunk amphibian. Thankfully the setting for the store will not look like hell or a courtroom, but an old bookstore.

It’s an Odd, Weird, Wonderful World (similar to It’s a Small World)

In this… different version the characters from the film “Alice in Wonderland” sing the title song. Over and over again, much like they do in it’s sister version. All in different settings from the classic animated film.

DunBroch Mountain (similar to Matterhorn)

Encounter the giant black bear Mor’du from the movie “Brave”, who was cursed to remain alone in the mountains. With no humanity left in him he now is just a heartless vicious beast.

Restaurants

King Richard’s Feast
Toad Hall Restaurant
and Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall

Last edited:

PrinceCharming617

The Brave themed mountain seems pretty badass. It does lend itself well to the Matterhorn concept. Because the snow creature on that could easily be replaced with a gnarly bear in this one. The only thing that could be scarier is my future mother in law. hahaha

MickeyMouse10

image1.jpeg

avengeance.png

Tomorrowland + Avengers Campus. The setting and theming for the section, is a futuristic New York combined with a 1943 New York World’s Fair. The area is of course home to the World’s Greatest and Mightiest Heroes, The Avengers. With some familiar Tomorrowland attractions as the attraction template and style.

Captain America and the Return of The Red Skull (similar to Tron Lightcycles)

Red Skull wants to blow up New York City. So the Captain must race to various locations to throw a shield on bombs.

Galaxy Mountain (similar to Space Mountain)

The Guardians have taken over the classic attraction. With animatronics and a random 80’s mix as the soundtrack.

Iron Man Flight (similar to Astro Orbiter)

In this you hear the sound of Jarvis’ voice as you enter inside your Ironman. Then prepare to soar around Tomorrowland in a new version of the aerial carousel. Where you reach higher heights than ever before.

hinh-nen-4k-laptop-3d.jpg

Spiderman: Coney Island Adventures (similar to Buzz Lightyear)

I stated that it is like Buzz, but it is more like Toy Story Mania. Because the ride is screen based like it. Spidey is powerful, but even he needs some help some times. He’s on a date with MJ having a great time when disaster strikes. Unfortunately his rogues gallery of villains has shown up to crash the party. Battle them in Coney Island along the boardwalk. Along the way you even see famous Coney Island landmarks like Nathan’s hot dog stand, arcade games, and chances.

Time Variance Authority (TVA) (similar to Tomorrowland Transit Authority)

As seen in the Loki series, this group’s main mission is to keep the timelines clean. The narrator is Miss Minutes from the show. She shows you around the area and shows you the facility where the important TVA work is done.

Antman and the Wasp’s Mini Car Racers (similar to Tomorrowland Speedway)

Much like it's Tomorrowland counterpart you race around a track. The vehicles would be different though, they aren't just regular classic cars. The group would be made up of what is usually huge cars and trucks. That will now look very tiny thanks to a little bit of Pym Tech. Your little ones can now drive a Mack Truck or Monster Truck, without any chance of injury.

wp7637737.jpg

The Hulk’s Incredible Escape (similar to Stitch’s Great Escape)

An attraction sponsored by Monster Energy. General Ross, (Betty's dad and soon to be Red Hulk) finally has the big green monster locked up and thinks he won’t escape. But of course he does escape and wreaks havoc. Much like Stitch and Alien Encounters you hear the Hulk running around and feel him breathing on you.

Avengers Assemble (similar to the touring stage show)

See all or at least most of your favorite Marvel heroes in this new show. It would be a high quality action stunt show. Where the heroes show off their various abilities.

infinity_conez__love_and_thunder____png_by_dhv123_dfapv2g-pre.png

Restaurants

Sanctum Sanctorum
Totally Awesome 80’s Cafe
Hell’s Kitchen and Infinity Conez

Last edited:

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
I guess since we’re on the Epcot train, how about another one?

EASTERNLAND
IMG_5298.jpeg

Attractions:
Yangtze River Cruise: Board a boat and ride down the river, seeing animals and laughing at terrible jokes along the way.
Mulan-themed Animatronic Show (acts like a sequel to the movie, shows new characters and songs)
Chinese Zodiac spinner (like the carpets)
Monkey King boat dark ride (similar to Pirates)
New Indiana Jones ride with original story?

MickeyMouse10

I guess since we’re on the Epcot train, how about another one?

EASTERNLAND
View attachment 739038

Attractions:
Yangtze River Cruise: Board a boat and ride down the river, seeing animals and laughing at terrible jokes along the way.
Mulan-themed Animatronic Show (acts like a sequel to the movie, shows new characters and songs)
Chinese Zodiac spinner (like the carpets)
Monkey King boat dark ride (similar to Pirates)
New Indiana Jones ride with original story?

Holy crap, we had the same exact idea. We are definitely two peas in a pod. It's so weird, I never got around to posting mine in the Epcot thread though. I even checked... absolutely blown away.

.... Same title too! What the doobie!

Yangtze River Cruise
----- (boat ride similar to nav’i river journey)
----- (Explore the beauty of China on it’s longest river. And take in the many plants, flowers and architecture. Setting the mood with some help from instrumentals and screens.)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom