Hybrid Lands: Disney/Universal Edition (join the fun!) (open brainstorming)

MickeyMouse10

tumblr_l66hu8yyrB1qclypb.jpg

glass.png

I figured I’d try some Disney and Universal lands. The following version is what Epcot’s Future World (in the 1990’s and early 00’s) + Universal Studios (in the 1990’s and early 00’s) would look like.

Universal Classic Movies Adventure (similar to Spaceship Earth)

This Universal landmark/weenie attraction is set inside the giant Universal globe. This is where you truly ride the movies and see each of the decades from the 30’s to the 90’s. Reminiscent of both Spaceship Earth and The Great Movie Ride.

Jurassic Park (similar to Ellen’s Energy Adventure)

John Hammond welcomes you to his man made park with extremely deadly dinosaurs. He shows you how his team of experts helped recreate Dinosaurs.

King Kong (similar to Horizons)

Take a trip back to the 1930’s and see the 8th Wonder of the World in all his glory. Watch as he is abducted from Skull Island and brought to New York City. Where he is forced to entertain a crowd of human spectators. He gets his revenge though and teaches his captors a valuable a lesson.

Back to the Future (similar to Test Track)

Doc Brown needs you to test out his new Delorean. Which is still working through a few kinks. You have to travel back in time to Hill Valley in 1955, 1885 and, last but not least the future…. Well Marty’s future in 2015. Which he changes somehow resulting in us not getting Jaws 22.

jaws.jpg

Jaws (similar to The Seas with Nemo)

In this version of the classic ride you get into your own tiny boats. It is an omnimover, but it feels like you’re on water. Then you see scenes from the classic 1975 thriller. That was so scary people still don’t want to get back in the water.

E.T., Twister and Earthquake (similar to The Land Pavilion)

The Nature Pavilion provides you with 3 distinct attractions. Where you can soar with E.T. above the city or experience the fury of mother nature in both Twister and Earthquake.

Ghostbusters (similar to Journey into Imagination)

Tour the facilities where the crew catches ghosts and contains them. Unfortunately they tend to get out occasionally. Especially Slimer, who is the antagonist to Dan Aykroyd’s Ray.

Ecto-1: Saving New York (similar to Jimmy Fallon)

The Ghostbusters have to race around the city. Trying to find ghosts that have escaped their Ghost Containment Unit. All you can do is hold on as Venkman and the gang destroy specters… and unfortunately a lot of New York.)

6b4c439b-3772-4574-a351-8bea7b4d5926.jpg

Restaurants

The Green Planet
Cafe 80’s and Quints

Last edited:

Frankenstein79

I'm cool with coasters, but I do think they had a better balance back in the old days. Jaws, Back to the Future and ET, are all very different experiences. Now it's very screen or coaster based, even their Bourne show has screens, lol.

Miru

I'm cool with coasters, but I do think they had a better balance back in the old days. Jaws, Back to the Future and ET, are all very different experiences. Now it's very screen or coaster based, even their Bourne show has screens, lol.
SLOP at Hollywood at least exists; so there’s more progress on Universal’s end than Disney.

Pacific Wharf + World Showcase + Future World = Silicon Valley!

MickeyMouse10

Universal-Studios-logo-globe-fountain-monument-Orlando-Florida.jpg

dragon-hunter.png

The next section is what World Showcase and Universal Orlando would look if they were combined into 1 glorious section.

Mexico

Minions Mexican Vacation (similar to Grand Fiesta Tour)

El Macho is brought back from the dead during Day of the Dead. To kill the Minions while they are on vacation in Mexico.

Norway

How to Train Your Dragon (similar to Frozen Ever After)

You board a viking ship and experience the Isle of Berk. Which much like Frozen is inspired by Norwegian and Scandinavian culture.

China

Kung Fu Panda (similar to Sinbad’s Storybook Voyage)

Po learns how to be Kung Fu Master in order to protect his village. But along his journey you also experience Chinese Culture. And see him in many famous areas of China like The Great Wall.

filing_images_fea5b212e2e3.jpeg

Madagascar

Madagascar: Wild Safari (similar to Dinosaur and Kilimanjaro Safari)

The animals are on the loose in Africa where everything seems to be alive, even the plants. Alex begins to learn how be a lion. Probably learning too much, because his own friend Marty mistakenly is put on the menu.

Germany

Shrek’s Grimm Fairy Tale Adventure (similar to Snow White’s Scary Adventure)

Shrek and Donkey fall asleep while telling fairy tale stories. Then encounter various German based characters like Hansel and Gretel, Rapunzel, etc.

Transylvania

Dracula’s Castle (similar to the Haunted Mansion)

Roam the hallways of the creepiest residence ever. Seeing Large Spiders, groups of blood thirst bats, reinfeld his eager assistant and the undead brides of Dracula. Then end the ride in the basement where the king of vampires slumbers.

U.S.A

An American Tail (similar to American Adventure)

An elaborate stage show with different animatronics. Including a huge cat. With sweeping musical numbers like “There are no Cats in America”.

Japan

Mt Fuji (similar to Expedition Everest)

Godzilla themed attraction where your train must avoid the king of monsters. While taking in the beautiful country side.

Egypt

The Mummy’s Tomb (similar to Revenge of the Mummy)

In this update of the original you take part in an expedition to find a secret treasure. But you awaken a great evil from his ancient slumber. Your cohort that leaves you to fend for yourself as the tomb begins to collapse all around you. To make matters even worse all sorts of creatures begin to come out of hiding, like the infamous beetles.

France

Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them (similar to Jurassic World Adventure Beijing)

A Motion Simulator that combines many aspects of other attractions. Much like Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure in Shanghai it doesn’t use 3d glasses and instead uses animatronics and screens. But it has a vehicle which is similar to Spiderman and Transformers. Several of the animals in the attraction are seen in the secret magical show in Paris called “The Circus Arcanus”.

United Kingdom

The Knight Bus (similar to Skull Island: Reign of Kong)

See the city of London in your very own Knight Bus. This won’t be a friendly sunday drive however. Beware of the many obstacles along the way like The Deatheaters, Dementors, Spiders, Giants and a very slow old lady crossing the road. “Take it away Ernie!”

Canada

The Great White North (similar to Spaceship Earth and Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls)

Explore the inside of Canada’s highest mountain range, Mount Logan. Where you can Experience the different regions of this great country and hear about it’s folklore. And maybe most important of all see the many different types of people who call it home.

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
I just remembered I had this idea for a Canadian/Alaskan Frontierland that featured a Yukon splash mountain-esque ride (and maybe even a snowy big thunder mountain, a native american country bears, and some form of Tom sawyer island)

Miru

I just remembered I had this idea for a Canadian/Alaskan Frontierland that featured a Yukon splash mountain-esque ride (and maybe even a snowy big thunder mountain, a native american country bears, and some form of Tom sawyer island)
Hmm… Santa Mountain sounds good, even if it’s specifically The Santa Clause (which does give us a good plot idea for it)

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
Hmm… Santa Mountain sounds good, even if it’s specifically The Santa Clause (which does give us a good plot idea for it)
Not exactly Christmas though, just an ice mountain almost similar but different to everest and Matterhorn (but it could have a Christmas overlay just like many other attractions)

cdunlap

a native american country bears
Hi, I’m probably the best person for this! So, what are you thinking aesthetically? I, for one, would like to theme it to Pacific Northwest Raven Tales. I found a whole book of them on Internet Archive and fell in love and since this is Canada/Alaska, a lot of the tribes mentioned in the book (Tlingit, Nootka, Salish, and Haida) are actually indigenous to the region! Raven in the stories is a figure similar to Brer Rabbit in some regards as they often trick other animals into giving them something. These tales are used to explain why certain things in nature happen.

Last edited:

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
Hi, I’m probably the best person for this! So, what are you thinking aesthetically? I, for one, would like to theme it to Pacific Northwest Raven Tales. I found a whole book of them on Internet Archive and fell in love and since this is Canada/Alaska, a lot of the tribes mentioned in the book (Tlingit, Nootka, Salish, and Haida) are actually indigenous to the region! Raven in the stories is a figure similar to Brer Rabbit in some regards as they often trick other animals into giving them something. These tales are used to explain why certain things in nature happen.
To be honest, I don’t know, but what you wrote sounds cool so that I guess

cdunlap

Here’s my idea for the general layout of the land:
The trading post, shooting gallery, shops, and restaurants are located inside of a log fort named Fort Yukon. Outside of that is the land's landmark, the snowy and icy mountain that holds the log flume ride Yukon Splash and the water mill that serves as its entry. Continuing beyond that, guests will reach the territory of the Pacific Northwest Coast Native Americans, which holds the Raven Tales Potlatch, an animatronic show based on the Pacific Northwest Native American Raven Tales located within a traditonal plank house surrounded by totem poles.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom