Trip Report Hurricanes, Foot Pains and “What The Crocs Just Happened?” Anniversary Tale – A Sept/Irma 2017 TR (COMPLETED)

So here we are again… Another amazing trip is over.

IMG_4614.JPG

My original title for the is report was:

The Best-Laid Plans Of The Mouse & Men…
because so many of our carefully thought out schedules & plans were completely turned upside down by Irma and other “forces” along the way.

However, Ross and Julia who do not share my love for Robert Burns or John Steinbeck vetoed that and came up with their own title.

Before I begin our tale, I want to express and offer our thoughts and prayers to all who suffered in Hurricane Irma as well as Harvey & Maria. There are times when I joke about the fact that we were in Florida during the hurricane, but in no way do I not realize the devastation that was caused to so many.

That being said... Let the Trip Report begin! Who’s in?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I wasn't ever interested in staying in the Royal Rooms, but seeing the excitement on your girl's faces now I want to stay in one. It would be fun to have a picture of me on the flying carpet. And the picture of Julia "hanging on" to the flying carpet was really creative and funny!

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes! The Princess room looks AMAZING! I'm so glad your girls loved it and had fun finding all the special touches!! If I ever have extra money, I'm staying there one night! Provided, I book far enough in advance, lol:p:D:geek::geek: Can't wait to hear what you did next!

I would definitely recommend spending one night there - it was so well done! After all, it's not everyday you can fly on your own personal magic carpet!

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
I wasn't ever interested in staying in the Royal Rooms, but seeing the excitement on your girl's faces now I want to stay in one. It would be fun to have a picture of me on the flying carpet. And the picture of Julia "hanging on" to the flying carpet was really creative and funny!

Thanks @ajrwdwgirl ! It was an awesome experience! We did Hope's bedroom in a princess theme late last year, but she has now requested that we add a magic carpet on her floor! lol

I'm so glad you "got" the picture of Julia hanging on - it was her idea and I thought it was really funny when she told me to get the picture!

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
September 8th Continued...

After a while, with no ME deliver, we headed out to the pool.

IMG_3083.JPG
IMG_3084.JPG
IMG_3085.JPG
IMG_3098.JPG
IMG_3099.JPG

It was great that Hope is a mermaid these days, meaning she loves the water! I remember a few years back she would have none of it, but now she was looking so forward to swimming in Mickey’s pools.

IMG_3128.JPG
IMG_3130.JPG
IMG_3131.JPG

Of course, the down side is her lack of safety awareness. She does not understand danger and rarely experiences fear, so water is a huge issue for us. Truth be told, I do not swim, so I am always nervous in the water with her. So when she asked to wear a “life saver”, I happily got one for her - even though Ross hates her wearing it because he feels it a false sense of security. One of my goals for her in the upcoming year is to get her swim lessons. I know I will feel much better knowing she has that skill.

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
After a while we decided to walk over to FQ and swim there since we hadn’t been there in several years. It would be the first time we make the walk over and I found it very beautiful and relaxing.

IMG_3133.JPG
IMG_3134.JPG

Hope loved the new splash area - so much more fun than the old kiddie pool.

IMG_3144.JPG
IMG_3142.JPG
IMG_3143.JPG
IMG_3138.JPG
IMG_3141.JPG
IMG_3144.JPG

But unfortunately she got kicked off the slides! Yup – a lifeguard came over and asked how tall she was. I said she was 49 inches and he said you had to be under 48 inches to do the slides.

She was having such a good time it broke my heart to tell her she was too big to play there – but I didn’t have a choice. I could see she was disappointed. I was hoping that she wouldn’t meltdown, but she didn’t even have a chance because Julia walked over to her and said she should go down the big slide in the big pool. I was shocked when Hope agreed and off we went.

IMG_3150.JPG
IMG_3149.JPG

Julia walked her to the top and I waited at the bottom. I have no pictures of her on the slide because I was too concerned with making sure she didn’t go under the water when she flew out but she had a blast! I think she ended up doing it at least 6 times! To the point where Julia had enough and didn’t want to do it anymore! Lol

Finally, I suggested we head back to Riverside and get changed and get some dinner. We all agreed.

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
Really over 1 inch?!!! I could see if there was lots of little kids in the splash park but it looks pretty empty. But at least she was brace enough to try out the big slide, and love it.

I know it was a bummer. He said it was a safety precaution because of the bar on top of the slides. He said kids taller than 48 inches could bang their head. But like you said, the bright side is that it got her to try the "big girl" slide.

ScarletBegonias

I'm also late, but I'm here!!

Oh that Royal Room is amazing!! I know Harper would lose her mind if she ever got to stay there! Seeing how happy Hope is made me smile! I can't wait to read more!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom