Trip Report Hurricanes, Foot Pains and “What The Crocs Just Happened?” Anniversary Tale – A Sept/Irma 2017 TR (COMPLETED)

So here we are again… Another amazing trip is over.

IMG_4614.JPG

My original title for the is report was:

The Best-Laid Plans Of The Mouse & Men…
because so many of our carefully thought out schedules & plans were completely turned upside down by Irma and other “forces” along the way.

However, Ross and Julia who do not share my love for Robert Burns or John Steinbeck vetoed that and came up with their own title.

Before I begin our tale, I want to express and offer our thoughts and prayers to all who suffered in Hurricane Irma as well as Harvey & Maria. There are times when I joke about the fact that we were in Florida during the hurricane, but in no way do I not realize the devastation that was caused to so many.

That being said... Let the Trip Report begin! Who’s in?

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Day 1- September 8th Continued...

After breakfast we had to decide what to do. I was hoping we would get a room text soon. We checked out the gift shop for a bit.

IMG_3019.JPG
IMG_3020.JPG

We love Baymax!

IMG_3022.JPG

We could see that the resort was preparing for people to stock up.

IMG_3023.JPG

The line for registration had now stretched ALL the way back to Boatwrights!

IMG_3017 copy.JPG

It was getting hot and we all wanted to swim, but Julia suggested going to Disney Springs for a while until our room was ready. We headed to the bus stop and waited for a DS bus to come by.

IMG_3032.JPG

We could see the parking lot was filed with utility vehicles, again in preparation for the hurricane.

IMG_3027.JPG
FullSizeRender-7 copy.jpg

Sure enough, we weren’t there but a few minutes when I got the room ready text. Yeah! Change of plans… to the royal room!

Figment Forever

Original Poster

We headed out to our room. Hope was sprinting ahead of us and I kept having to call to her to slow down! Lol As we got to our building she raced to find our room number all the time sqealing, “You ‘re staying in the Royal Guest Rooms!” Soon, she found our room and tapped her Magic Band. My princess was home!

IMG_3034.JPG
IMG_3035.JPG
IMG_3036.JPG
IMG_3037.JPG
IMG_3040.JPG

IMG_3045.JPG

It was an awesome room! I have never stayed in a corner before but the extra window adds so much light to the room!

IMG_3044.JPG
IMG_3056.JPG

We all explored a little.

IMG_3038.JPG
IMG_3041.JPG

riverside

We headed out to our room. Hope was sprinting ahead of us and I kept having to call to her to slow down! Lol As we got to our building she raced to find our room number all the time sqealing, “You ‘re staying in the Royal Guest Rooms!” Soon, she found our room and tapped her Magic Band. My princess was home!

View attachment 235287 View attachment 235288 View attachment 235289 View attachment 235290 View attachment 235292
View attachment 235295
It was an awesome room! I have never stayed in a corner before but the extra window adds so much light to the room!

View attachment 235294 View attachment 235296

We all explored a little.

View attachment 235291 View attachment 235293
Your daughters smiles & the pictures of the room make me smile!!

Figment Forever

Original Poster

I called Bell Services to bring up our stuff and hoped that ME would get our other luggage there soon.

It didn’t take Hope too long to take a ride on her flying carpet.

IMG_3052.JPG

Of course, sissy joined her too! lol

IMG_3054.JPG

The Aladdin lamp facets were too cute!
IMG_3050.JPG

It was all awesome but the fireworks were the best!!!

IMG_3081.JPG
IMG_3078.JPG
IMG_3060.JPG
IMG_3048.JPG
IMG_3049.JPG
IMG_3059.JPG

While we waited for Bell Services, we relaxed and charged our phones and watched a little TV. I checked on the local weather channel to get an Irma update, while Hope preferred to watch the "must do's"

Now, it may be a lame question, but why haven’t they updated Stacey?

IMG_3066.JPG

slipperalwaysfits

Yes! The Princess room looks AMAZING! I'm so glad your girls loved it and had fun finding all the special touches!! If I ever have extra money, I'm staying there one night! Provided, I book far enough in advance, lol:p:D:geek::geek: Can't wait to hear what you did next!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom