Trip Report Hurricanes, Foot Pains and “What The Crocs Just Happened?” Anniversary Tale – A Sept/Irma 2017 TR (COMPLETED)

So here we are again… Another amazing trip is over.

IMG_4614.JPG

My original title for the is report was:

The Best-Laid Plans Of The Mouse & Men…
because so many of our carefully thought out schedules & plans were completely turned upside down by Irma and other “forces” along the way.

However, Ross and Julia who do not share my love for Robert Burns or John Steinbeck vetoed that and came up with their own title.

Before I begin our tale, I want to express and offer our thoughts and prayers to all who suffered in Hurricane Irma as well as Harvey & Maria. There are times when I joke about the fact that we were in Florida during the hurricane, but in no way do I not realize the devastation that was caused to so many.

That being said... Let the Trip Report begin! Who’s in?

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
When we walked up to her, she remembered Hope - again. She said she was happy that she decided to visit her again. We told her that her pictures never showed up in our MDE. She was so sweet! She said she needed to find a different place for a picture and then proceeded to walk over to the bridge near the exit. The Photographer followed behind. She told Hope a story and then walked back over to her area and told the Photographer to take a “special” shot.

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_404938579109.JPG
IMG_5597.JPG
IMG_5600.JPG
IMG_5602.JPG
IMG_5606.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_404938579103.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_404938579111.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_404938579117.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_404938620819.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_404938620831.JPG

I have never experienced a character that takes so long with guests and really makes her visit so personal. The wait for Pocahontas is always longer than some of the other characters – but she is SO WORTH THE WAIT!

Last edited:

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
We continued into Dinoland to take a ride back in time. The stand by line was really long today. Glad we had a FP and even happier that we had no drama boarding!

IMG_5621.JPG

What do you think @lostpro9het - acting skills or pure terror?

IMG_5683-1.JPG

We knew we wanted to “hop” to the Studios soon, so we decided on a last ride on EE.

IMG_5626.JPG
IMG_5628.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_405546972010.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_405546892206.jpeg

Julia and I decided to ride again while Ross and Hope went to ride Kali River Rapids. It was the first time I split our FP selections successfully! Lol

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_405546803372.jpeg

IMG_5629.JPG

While we were waiting for Ross & Hope Julia and I got a snack. I love the Chai tea!

We were ready to leave, but a little voice wanted one more ride on a banshee. Since we still had a return time, we walked back to Pandora one last time.

As we were walking, we noticed two women riding scooters side by side. It was very crowed so it was easy to hear the conversation. The one woman was complaining how people would not get out of her way, She said, “I don’t understand why people don’t realize they can move better than I can, If I go too fast, I can get whiplash!” Then she beeped her horn at a little boy who made the mistake of being in front of her – and she yelled to him, “Get out of the way little boy… I don’t want to run you over!” I was sort of surprised his parents didn’t say anything. They just pulled him over to safety.

Julia and I were hysterical. She asked me what I would do if the woman said that to her or Hope. I said that I would probably just laugh, but daddy might sit on her scooter with her and ask for a ride.

It was a little bittersweet leaving AK. Julia decided that she really wanted to see Pandora at night. But I told her that if we stayed, we would probably not get another chance to see Fantasmic. She conceded that Fantasmic was more important and I promised we would plan a Pandora night on our next trip.

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_404941794300.JPG

As we exited, we were happy to see a direct bus to the Studios.

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
We arrived at the Studios at 5:30

IMG_5669.JPG

I was able to make a FP for TOT, so reluctantly, I went on.

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_405723251878.jpeg

Then we visited Olaf. We had wanted to catch the Next Frozen show but Olaf’s line was taking forever. Ross said we should just stick it out so we did. Julia wanted Olaf to sign her ears – but he wasn’t signing this year, so she was a little disappointed.

IMG_5671.jpg
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404944976432.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404944976433.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404944976439.JPG

When we were done, we booked it over to the Frozen Theater and sure enough, we made it just in time!

IMG_5694.JPG
IMG_5701.JPG
IMG_5701.JPG
IMG_5703.JPG

This would be the first time that I saw such a difference in the show due to different historians. It wasn’t nearly as funny as the other show we saw! However, the show was still great!

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
By this point, we were hungry, but I didn’t want to take a chance missing the show. I told Julia we could buy something from the kiosks up in the theater area. Once we were settled, Julia & I walked to the bathroom and then got on line for a treat. Julia got a Churo, but I decided to wait until after the show.

IMG_5735.JPG
IMG_5742.JPG
IMG_5761.JPG
IMG_5768.JPG
IMG_5776.JPG

Like I said, this is my favorite nighttime show & a family favorite. But I wish they wouldn’t conflict the times between this and the Star Wars Fireworks. I would really like to see them one day.

After the show, we were all starving but HS was closed. We made our way to the bus to DS and soon found ourselves at our new favorite – Blaze!!

IMG_5778.JPG
IMG_5780.JPG
IMG_5782.JPG
IMG_5784.JPG

Tonight we sat outside – it was a little cramped but it was fine. They were crazy busy so we were lucky to find a seat.

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
After we stuffed our faces, we shopped around a bit. We saw one of the statue people – she was awesome. Hope seemed a little confused when she started to move. I tried to get a video, but I didn’t have any luck.

IMG_5786.JPG

Julia bought some pins and Hope… well… guess what she bought…

IMG_5799.JPG
IMG_5801.JPG
IMG_5803.JPG

Julia decided on a banana glacier tonight. So funny… as were about to go into Goofy’s Candy Company, a man was struggling to open the door. He was pushing a stroller and juggling a bunch of bags as well. Ross scooted ahead and grabbed the door for him – only to realize that his wife had already waked in and was taking selfies of herself while her husband was trying to open the door!

IMG_5804.JPG
IMG_5806.JPG

It was a long day – but why do Disney days go so fast? Our friends were waiting up for us.

IMG_5814.JPG
IMG_5816.JPG

We all fell into bed and were soon fast asleep. Well… almost all of us.

Up Next: Girls Day Returns

ELeigh

After we stuffed our faces, we shopped around a bit. We saw one of the statue people – she was awesome. Hope seemed a little confused when she started to move. I tried to get a video, but I didn’t have any luck.

View attachment 263090

Julia bought some pins and Hope… well… guess what she bought…

View attachment 263092View attachment 263093View attachment 263094

Julia decided on a banana glacier tonight. So funny… as were about to go into Goofy’s Candy Company, a man was struggling to open the door. He was pushing a stroller and juggling a bunch of bags as well. Ross scooted ahead and grabbed the door for him – only to realize that his wife had already waked in and was taking selfies of herself while her husband was trying to open the door!

View attachment 263095View attachment 263096

It was a long day – but why do Disney days go so fast? Our friends were waiting up for us.

View attachment 263097View attachment 263098

We all fell into bed and were soon fast asleep. Well… almost all of us.

Up Next: Girls Day Returns
I love Hope's growing Tsum Tsum collection! I want that cottage but we have a huge collection that already includes some of the seven dwarves. I have not had good experiences with HS but your TR makes me tempted to give it another try, if TSL does not open before my trip I might have to squeeze in some time there.

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hope ending up with the cottage, the ice cream truck and a Milliennium Falcon! Although the Millennium Falcon was just cardboard - not felt. It's funny how she LOVES getting them when we are in Disney, but she's not too interested in buying any when we are home. (Maybe I should be happy about that. lol) We love HS and I'm looking forward to TSL opening but not as much as Star Wars! Have fun on your trip! Wishing you lots of pixie dust!

ELeigh

Hope ending up with the cottage, the ice cream truck and a Milliennium Falcon! Although the Millennium Falcon was just cardboard - not felt. It's funny how she LOVES getting them when we are in Disney, but she's not too interested in buying any when we are home. (Maybe I should be happy about that. lol) We love HS and I'm looking forward to TSL opening but not as much as Star Wars! Have fun on your trip! Wishing you lots of pixie dust!
Thanks I believe they are actually less expensive at WDW than they are at Target (which is where the majority of ours came from) so you probably lucked out !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom