Hurricane Milton coming to FL

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yeah, those places are in an insane amount of trouble no matter what from what I read. I just remember a model (albeit a few days old at this point, back when it was not supposed to get close to what it is now) that showed if it hits the Tampa area, they are looking at 12 feet or so storm surge into the bay. If it hits south, the impact was minimal. Everything to the South was getting like 8-10 feet all the way down to like Ft. Myers. But yeah, this entire thing is scary and awful for a LOT of people.

This is a nightmare for Florida. Imagine trying to evacuate a good portion of Florida's 3rd largest city....

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Excuse me?

There are people with the "I rode out X storm, I'll be fine as I can stay in the 2nd story level of my home" mentality who, frankly, are risking their lives.

The storm surge a hurricane of this force can push into shallow coastal Florida waters is scary. Imagine if it hits Tampa Bay at high tide. Downtown will be flooded.

😑

I was referring to the post you were referring to. I never said the storm wasn't going to be bad and people shouldnt take heed.

celluloid

This is a nightmare for Florida. Imagine trying to evacuate a good portion of Florida's 3rd largest city....

Something to think about when considering evacuating, and another reason not to do it last minute to make the choice. Not easy for anyone. My family in Cape Coral are staying, they are inland they are not in any of the common Flood Zones so that keeps my flooding worry a bit away...except for all the rain they have gotten the last three and a half days. Their supplies are ready and final shudders went up today.
Zones A and B though. You are a loon if you consider staying there.

I am more worried about my kin in St. Pete.

Purduevian

Because Disney is a leader, not a follower. They are a respected company expected to do what is right. We all know the rest of the local area/industry will follow after.
I kind of wonder if the person in charge of WDW operations has a direct line to USO operations, Sea World Operations, and maybe Legoland operations. Obviously, all competitors, but I'm sure the major tourist hubs want to have similar stances.

celluloid

I kind of wonder if the person in charge of WDW operations has a direct line to USO operations, Sea World Operations, and maybe Legoland operations. Obviously, all competitors, but I'm sure the major tourist hubs want to have similar stances.

They do! They actually have conference calls and protocol for these decisions to be made in agreeance and good faith.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Something to think about when considering evacuating, and another reason not to do it last minute to make the choice. Not easy for anyone. My family in Cape Coral are staying, they are not in any of the common Flood Zones so that keeps my flooding worry a bit away...except for all the rain they have gotten the last three and a half days. Their supplies are ready and final shudders went up today.
Zones A and B though. You are a loon if you consider staying there.

I am more worried about my kin in St. Pete.

Some reports are saying if the worst happens and Milton makes landfall just north of Tampa, St. Pete will be flooded.

I hope your kind are planning on evacuating.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Hurricanes normally can't sustain these crazy high winds. Hopefully an eye-wall replacement cycle along with a heavy dose of dry air incorporated right before landfall will weaken it. It will be all about timing. I'm no expert, just observations from my many years.

The cold front that pushed Milton out of the Panhandle area is expected to break it up a tad. 🤞🏻

Lilofan

Thanks. I'm in a concrete block townhouse built in 2020, so I should be okay. My biggest concern is loss of power...and how long. Cell service is spotty here.
That's good for you. My friends in Davenport also have concrete block and spent a bundle upgrading their windows to Hurricane force kind. Lets see if that investment proves right which I think it will.

celluloid

Fat fingers on tiny phone keyboard.

Or.... autocorrect. 😄

I get it. Close enough to meaning. It was funny.

For what it's worth mentioning too:

Orlando is inland and more inland the better but the experts are letting people know this is the kind of storm that will bring high winds to Central areas as well.

There are going to be some billboards and pieces of attractions blowing, you can bet on it.

Stay safe everyone. It is weird being a former FL resident and being far away when they hit and you still have fam there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom