Hurricane Milton coming to FL 10/9

LSLS

For what it's worth, it is SUPPOSED to collapse at some point (which will weaken the winds some, but increase the size), but it's not following the models at all right now, so I'm more than a little worried for all the friends and family in the area.

Raineman

I skipped this whole thread, so this might have been discussed already, but does this hurricane project to be as bad or worse than Irma in 2017? WDW made it through that relatively unscathed.

Lilofan

It's not going to make landfall as a 175 mph storm.
Thank goodness but my friend whose home on the Gulf was flooded
last week still has all the ruined items which was the entire house piled up on the side of the road along with most of the homes flooded items that got flooded by saltwater. With more flooding the local streets could be a river flowing with furniture and bedding.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I skipped this whole thread, so this might have been discussed already, but does this hurricane project to be as bad or worse than Irma in 2017? WDW made it through that relatively unscathed.

While Irma reached 185 mph winds at its peak in the Atlantic, it made landfall at Marco Island as a 115 mph barely Cat 3 storm.

LSLS

Thank goodness but my friend whose home on the Gulf was flooded still has all the ruined items which was the entire house piled up on the side of the road along with most of the homes flooded items that got flooded by saltwater. With more flooding the local streets could be a river flowing with furniture and bedding.
Depends where they are. The variance in the path that keeps occurring legit is the difference between the Tampa/St. Pete area breaking their record surge from last week, or getting almost no storm surge.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thank goodness but my friend whose home on the Gulf was flooded still has all the ruined items which was the entire house piled up on the side of the road along with most of the homes flooded items that got flooded by saltwater. With more flooding the local streets could be a river flowing with furniture and bedding.

Which is why the governor has the Florida Guard, National Guard and FHP working around the clock with local governments to accelerate debris removal from Helene.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Depends where they are. The variance in the path that keeps occurring legit is the difference between the Tampa/St. Pete area breaking their record surge from last week, or getting almost no storm surge.

Any further south, areas impact by both Helene and Ian will get wrecked.

Lilofan

In recent years nothing was like Michael in 2018 that came on land as a Cat 5 and destroyed the town of Mexico Beach.

Ayla

Which is why the governor has the Florida Guard, National Guard and FHP working around the clock with local governments to accelerate debris removal from Helene.
Officials have already said it will be impossible to clear it all in next couple days.

Right now, expected strong Cat 3, low Cat 4 at landfall. Tropical force + winds expected to impact entire west coast of FL.

Lilofan

It's called fear mongering. Designed to cause as much chaos as possible so that way even more lives can be put in danger because the focus is more on what it CAN do and not what it WILL do.
No it is prepare for the worst hope for the best. Fear mongering is not something millions in the path of Milton need to be hearing. When the weather guys called Michael's path and its force that wasn't fear mongering it was letting the residents know gtfo.

LAKid53

Premium Member
In recent years nothing was like Michael in 2018 that came on land as a Cat 5 and destroyed the town of Mexico Beach.

I know. I lived through it. Watched a pine tree in my backyard start to swirl from the winds before it fell.

There's an aerial photo of a cut Michael made through Cape San Blas, within feet of an expensive beach front home.

LAKid53

Premium Member
It's called fear mongering. Designed to cause as much chaos as possible so that way even more lives can be put in danger because the focus is more on what it CAN do and not what it WILL do.

Excuse me?

There are people with the "I rode out X storm, I'll be fine as I can stay in the 2nd story level of my home" mentality who, frankly, are risking their lives.

The storm surge a hurricane of this force can push into shallow coastal Florida waters is scary. Imagine if it hits Tampa Bay at high tide. Downtown will be flooded.

😑

LSLS

Any further south, areas impact by both Helene and Ian will get wrecked.
Yeah, those places are in an insane amount of trouble no matter what from what I read. I just remember a model (albeit a few days old at this point, back when it was not supposed to get close to what it is now) that showed if it hits the Tampa area, they are looking at 12 feet or so storm surge into the bay. If it hits south, the impact was minimal. Everything to the South was getting like 8-10 feet all the way down to like Ft. Myers. But yeah, this entire thing is scary and awful for a LOT of people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom