Hurricane Matthew

PhotoDave219

Why do people always bring up the devastation in Hati, The Dominican Republic or anywhere in the Carribbean? That literally has nothing to do with the impact a storm will have if it makes landfall anywhere on the U.S. Coast. Most of those islands down there aren't properly equipped to handle hurricanes like the state's are and plus most of the deaths always come from under developed areas with very few if any real structures to support such storms.

#FirstWorldComplaints

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
@21stamps and @JohnD,

Helmet sticker for tomorrow's game And both universities have donated $50,000 to recovery efforts.

Screenshot_20161007-172550.png

NelsonRD

Matt Drudge takes the prize for accusing the government of exaggerating the threat. In a tweet, he actually accused the National Hurricane Center of making up the numbers in order to support the government's position on global warming. I don't wish ill on anyone, but I'm going to make an exception and this guy I'd like to see tied to a pillar of the pier at any Florida east coast beach as a Category 5 storm passes by. What I thought when I read his post was not printable....

Why? Anybody who disagrees with your views should be tied to a pier and tortured? Some global warming activist do claim that global warming is causing more severe storms, while others believe storms are just storms. No matter what your myopic view is, it is no excuse for violence.

Tazer19

Here at Disney Springs and the garages are open. People are flowing into them. Not sure how they are enforcing the "resort guests only."

The communication we received said we could take a car, if we have it, and go as early as 5 PM. They said magic bands would be checked in garages. If we have no car, like us, we have to wait until bus service starts. They stated 6:30 PM for buses in a phone message. Theu had a CM at the bus area explaining this as well. They told us they hope to have buses going sooner but it depends on how soon they get them staffed.

I should note they have had muffins, water and characters in the lobby since before curfew was lifted and have the recreation room fully stocked and staffed, which has kept the kids happy.

Eddie Garrison

I'm guessing that if this gets high enough up the food chain, something might roll downhill. That explanation doesn't really make it sound that good to me as a consumer. As a member of management I might loose my mind if that became public.

Perhaps.

And that could be the case in the end. I hope not. However, there could be repercussions to some. Though I would hope in a situation such as this, that could have been much worse, they take that into consideration and nothing need to be said or done.

21stamps

@21stamps and @JohnD,

Helmet sticker for tomorrow's game And both universities have donated $50,000 to recovery efforts.

View attachment 167737

Nice. I just read on twitter that fans will have an opportunity to donate as well. Florida is full of a lot of jerks and idiots...but it is also full of a lot of good people. There will be huge volunteer operations, to help Floridians, and to help the Caribbean. Humanity stories are at least a small silver lining to come from a tragedy.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Why? Anybody who disagrees with your views should be tied to a pier and tortured? Some global warming activist do claim that global warming is causing more severe storms, while others believe storms are just storms. No matter what your myopic view is, it is no excuse for violence.

Because he used a potential catastrophe in the state I live in to push his self serving unscientific based agenda. To state in social media that the NHC engaged in a conspiracy to exaggerate the storm to benefit the administration's view on global warning is inexcusable. And sadly, typical for him.

Past and current directors of the NHC are alums of FSU. We have one of the best meteorology programs in the nation. My neighbor is the former director of COAPS (Center for Oceanic and Atmospheric Prediction Services) and the former state meteorologist. We've had several discussions about storms as we both cleaned up after Hermine. That someone would think scientists of their caliber would fudge data is outrageous. And then post their conspiracy theory on social media during the storm as people are worried about themselves, their loved ones and their property. He deserves my outrage and scorn.

There's been one reported death in St. Lucie. What IF the storm had made landfall and ripped across Central Florida?

biggy H

The communication we received said we could take a car, if we have it, and go as early as 5 PM. They said magic bands would be checked in garages. If we have no car, like us, we have to wait until bus service starts. They stated 6:30 PM for buses in a phone message. Theu had a CM at the bus area explaining this as well. They told us they hope to have buses going sooner but it depends on how soon they get them staffed.

I should note they have had muffins, water and characters in the lobby since before curfew was lifted and have the recreation room fully stocked and staffed, which has kept the kids happy.

No one is checking magic bands. Disney Springs is open to everyone. We have just parked in Lime and now shopping and we are staying off site now. Long line to all the food oulets though. Buses from the resorts looked jam packed as well, not surprising.

Ismael Flores

Once again.... another bogus "catastrophe" brewed up by TV stations, bloggers and radio dying for ratings.... Even the FLA governor looks like an A$$ at this morning's press conference.
3895726.jpg

yeah tell that to the more than 800 people that lost their lifes in the carribean and those that have lost their lives in Florida because they decided to not listen and then decided to call 911 for rescue help at the last minute

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom