Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Does anyone have any info on Fort Wilderness? We are supposed to check in Sunday. I have not received an email from Disney to cancel or change our reservation.
As of last night’s update from Disney there was no reopening date provided. I assume they sustained more damage than other places around property, with all the trees there.

Ayla

I keep reading that, Disney will contact us…on MDE for my account, it shows that we are all set and check in still showing for Sunday. We are to check in in about 48hrs, seems if they were not going to reopen we would have been notified by now?
It's Friday morning. Sunday is a long way away. You aren't the only people they need to contact about upcoming reservations.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I keep reading that, Disney will contact us…on MDE for my account, it shows that we are all set and check in still showing for Sunday. We are to check in in about 48hrs, seems if they were not going to reopen we would have been notified by now?
if you're concerned - call. I was on hold about 40 minutes yesterday canceling a hotel reservation for today.

nickys

Premium Member
A quick observation about early morning hours. Glad we get 2 hours. What does 30 minutes get you? A walk from the front entrance to standing in line for Rat. That's it.
They let you in before early entry starts, so you can already be standing in line when the ride opens. Ride and head off to your second ride before park opening.

Trekkie101

69D8BF06-7B11-4E34-BC8E-DD9DF0863C92.jpeg

Looks like they relocated all the vans from the campgrounds to MK car park.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
It's Friday morning. Sunday is a long way away. You aren't the only people they need to contact about upcoming reservations.
Sunday is a blink away when you’re hauling a 12,000+ lb rig (with a week’s worth of hurricane food in the fridge) that you can’t just park anywhere you want while waiting for an email.

I’m not sure if you meant to sound dismissive or not.

fotofx

Sunday is a blink away when you’re hauling a 12,000+ lb rig (with a week’s worth of hurricane food in the fridge) that you can’t just park anywhere you want while waiting for an email.

I’m not sure if you meant to sound dismissive or not.
I am scheduled to check in on Wednesday. I was there for a previous storm and it took two weeks to get the Fort back open. They will provide parking and a hotel room but without power it is a pain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom