Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t expect Harvey flooding (that was 30 inches) but what happens if the utilidoors flood? What happens if ride buildings get flooded? Hotel first floors? Roads get washed out? You don’t need 30 inches for that, and don’t forget TS winds, trees are going to fall too. Heck the HHN tents could be destroyed at Universal. No one is going to know if they did until Friday, my arrival day. It’s just not worth the risk, not to mention I’m not sure how I fly in. Landfall is <48 hours away this is really the last day for any major shifts.
Like any storm, any place….a lot of blowers, garbage bags, mops and microban…

They’ll fix it…just takes time.

Humans love to live on or near the water…most of the time.

West Virginians get to laugh once in awhile too.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Got my hurricane cake!

1664289428646.png

disneylandtour

I thought it was $12 but a dry white bread sandwich and a bag of chips? Maybe an apple?
As I recall, there were two plans for food. One was to sell meals at cost (or near cost--like, a few bucks) to those displaced by the storm (locals who sought refuge in Disney hotels) and the other to sell boxed meals to regular hotel guests. I believe the meals to hotel guests were more elaborate. You could probably google and get something far more exact. The "big" news were photos of one station that was selling the at-cost meals for locals accidentally for the resort guest price. At least that's my memory of it. If you find more exact info, post it.

donsullivan

Premium Member
The tents at Universal are hurricane-proof. Floodproof, maybe not. I'm sure they have a team currently putting several layers of sandbag defense.

The parks are well suited to defend themselves against flooding and wind. Parks typically close for 2 or 3 days, and that's it.
This Twitter feed has lots of photos of what's been taken down at Universal in preparation for the storms.

IanDLBZF

I would not be surprised if tonight’s and/or Thursday’s (and perhaps Friday’s) MNSSHP gets canceled, and if Halloween horror nights for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday gets canceled as well.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom