News Hurricane Elsa impacts to Walt Disney World July 2021

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Still too early to know what will happen for Central Florida, but worth watching.

NWSMelbourne_2021-Jul-01.jpg

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Anna and Olaf is not gonna happy about this one....🤣
By the way, is the storm is ahead for NJ and NY by seven days or not?

TTA94

The majority of the time when FL is in the “the cone” it does not stay that way, especially this far out. Sure everyone should be prepared for any storm during the season but never pay to much attention to a storms track this far out.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The majority of the time when FL is in the “the cone” it does not stay that way, especially this far out. Sure everyone should be prepared for any storm during the season but never pay to much attention to a storms track this far out.
Every time that WDW has been impacted by a storm someone has said this early in the thread ;)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

Yeah ALWAYS pay attention to a storm "cone" regardless of how far it is. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Very early track it will change as time goes on. Hope they are correct and it stays a tropical storm, way to early in the season for this

Yeah hurricane season started in June....

crawale

Lately the media has magnified the impact of storms and hurricanes. However last year Sally moving at 1 mile per hour was not deemed to impact Pensacola where I live. Completely wrong - a lot of damage, power outages for several days, no gas. Woke up in the middle of the night to realize this was indeed a hurricane with impact to our area when it was supposed to affect west of us. We stayed at Disney during Wilma and the hotel - AKL- was very safe. Parks opened up to resort guests after lunch when the sun came out and the hurricane passed. Also drove to Disney after Hurricane Matthew and there was little evidence of damage. Of course flights are cancelled out of an abundance of caution but if I were driving I would go anyway.

lazyboy97o

If a gemstone decoration already fell off the castle under regular conditions I'm not sure I want to see what happens to the rest of the decorations in a tropical storm/hurricane 😬
The attachments of those decorations are supposed to meet the wind requirements of anything else attached to a building.

Actually last year the season started with storms at the end of May. 'Season' gets longer each year.
Same this year. Tropical Storm Ana (no joke, this year has Ana and Elsa) formed May 22.

John park hopper

Sons live in Gulf Breeze right next to Pensacola hurricane last year barges broke loose and took out major sections the new Pensacola bridge. My sons commute to Pensacola-- was taking them 1-2 hours each way. They just got the new bridge repaired and open (after many many months) commute now 30 minutes. Now they are working on the other new bridge next to the one damaged

TTA94

Not sure how accurate this site is but their saying the storm is predicted to stay to the west of FL then swing up into north FL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom