Hunchback Theater Demolition?

jt04

Original Poster
There has been a long running debate on these boards as to whether the old Hunchback theater is being refurbed or torn down completely. I have seen some recent photos on another blog that appear to show the dismantling of the bridge facades at the end of SF street. It now appears the entire theater is being removed (hopefully for a new dark ride featuring someone green :D) Anyone know more?

jedimaster1227

There has been a long running debate on these boards as to whether the old Hunchback theater is being refurbed or torn down completely. I have seen some recent photos on another blog that appear to show the dismantling of the bridge facades at the end of SF street. It now appears the entire theater is being removed (hopefully for a new dark ride featuring someone green :D) Anyone know more?

Yes, it is being torn down. Featuring someone green? May I ask who you are referring to? I know what is supposed to go in there, but I know nothing of a green occupant for the attraction.

Thinking about it again, I'm sorry to tell you, its not Kermit or a Muppets attraction over there.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Yoda?

Figment1986

Thats strange... The photos I took show them using a crain to put a new roof on the structure, even when they took the old roof off, the golden gate bridge remained intact... and the new roof went around it keeping it intact as well.

This is an interesting way to demolish a theater if it is...

disnyfan89

From what I heard they are enclosing it and use it for events like Festival Disney (like Lee mentioned above) and other special events like Soap, Espn, and SW weekends. The big secret right now is what is going into the ABC theater!

From what I heard they are enclosing it and use it for events like Festival Disney (like Lee mentioned above) and other special events like Soap, Espn, and SW weekends. The big secret right now is what is going into the ABC theater!
Why waste it on that? They need to return it to its glory days when it had a permenant show. DHS needs attractions and shows, so why not put one in. Hunchback will never come back, but there are plenty of other Disney classics that could have a show.

disnyfan89

Im afraid I have to disagree! I think this is a great use for the Theater. The last thing DHS needs right now is two new stage shows. There just not as popular as a good solid attraction. With ABC theater being used again these events need to go some where. Also in theory they could use the theater for the Playhouse Disney Live concert they started.

Figment1986

A Special events theater is not a bad idea, they could host cheerleaders in there, night of joy, magic music days, festical disney, and other short events that need a location... they could then not build a temporary structure for it as often and it bings currently unused space back into use.

hrcollectibles

Oogie Boogie Man?

SpectroMan

Here is another confirmation on the redo of the theatre. This is exactly what the Studios. That park does so many special events that they would have lost all those opportunities with the new show going into the ABC Theatre. I just hope that they refurb it right and do not skimp on what is needed in the venue.

Figment1986

So they are putting a roof on it to protect the crews who are tearing it down from the weather.

But wouldn't they then use plastic, rubber, or something else thats more temporary than an metal roof... They were fastening those pieces on to stay well. It seems like its here to be for a while... doesn't mean they wont tear it out in a few years if they need the location for a future attraction. That, and if the weather goes sour they stop working anyway.

disnyfan89

But wouldn't they then use plastic, rubber, or something else thats more temporary than an metal roof... They were fastening those pieces on to stay well. It seems like its here to be for a while... doesn't mean they wont tear it out in a few years if they need the location for a future attraction. That, and if the weather goes sour they stop working anyway.
I hope that was sarcastic! :lookaroun :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom