Huge Rollercoasters?

bigwoowoo248

Original Poster
This has probably been asked but why doesnt disney have any huge rollercoaster like islands of adventure or like the six flags do?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Because Disney is NOT Islands of Adventure and is NOT Six Flags.

Edit::lol: Sledge you beat me to it!!

Thrawn

Account Suspended
The reason is that big steel coasters are not easy to hide or theme. They have RnRC, but thats about all they can do with a big steel coaster.

BrerPete

Because big rollercoasters make big vomit and you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get vomit out of the characters costumes.

mkepcotmgmak

i think to make disney a truly FAMILY park, they should add one or two record breaking coasters... BUT... with that said... they should not by any means make those the focus of the parks!

bhg469

Thrawn said:
The reason is that big steel coasters are not easy to hide or theme. They have RnRC, but thats about all they can do with a big steel coaster.

Thrawn that reply was both pleasent and informative. WTG buddy! :sohappy:

gboiler1

I'm certainly not a "coaster" person, but enjoy Disney's coasters. While Universal comes close with some of it's offerings, Disney is the only park I can think of that can overcome the need for a big steel structure, but gives more of a family experience, by scaling it back and using themeing to make up for the lack of "size". Think of ToT and RnRC, not to mention when EE debuts next year.
Walt's idea was a park where the whole family could enjoy riding together. I represent this ideal. I would have never rode a "coaster" before Space Mountain years ago at Disneyland. That is what Walt was wanting over 50 years ago. Fortunately those ideals still remain.

crazydaveh

Disney does have big coasters, RnR and they're building Everest. As we all know, the mountain that the train will run through is massive, that's the story Disney is telling with the coaster... As said before, it's hard to theme the entire coaster. Uni does the que areas well with Hulk and DD... but when you get on, it's a normal coaster like you have at other parks.

I like that Disney has other rides than coasters to keep people entertained. ToT is a great example as is attractions such as Haunted Mansion.

They have to appeal to 12 million people a year, not all 12 million love going upside down seven times at 60 mph (though I do!). I think they do a great job.

peter11435

Because there cheap, tacky and ugly. End of story.

Disney does not build roller coasters they build attractions. Rock'n Roller Coaster is not a roller coaster, it is an out of control limo ride through LA that happens to use a roller coaster to tell the story.

disneylands

Account Suspended
because disney is all about story. and a "bare" coaster like that isnt flattering to look at when your a disney imagineer. When you're an imagineer nothing is what it seems.

wdwishes2005

crazydaveh said:
Disney does have big coasters, RnR and they're building Everest. As we all know, the mountain that the train will run through is massive, that's the story Disney is telling with the coaster... As said before, it's hard to theme the entire coaster. Uni does the que areas well with Hulk and DD... but when you get on, it's a normal coaster like you have at other parks.

I like that Disney has other rides than coasters to keep people entertained. ToT is a great example as is attractions such as Haunted Mansion.

They have to appeal to 12 million people a year, not all 12 million love going upside down seven times at 60 mph (though I do!). I think they do a great job.

no offense, but RnRC is NOT a very thrilling coaster compared to half the other coasters out there .

although i will be very anxious to go on EE, and i want to go down for passsholder previews if they have any, and be first on the coaster!!!

Epcot82Guy

I have to agree that Disney only has two roller coasters: Primeival Whirl and Goofy's Barnstormer. The rest are all attractions. They have longevity. I am a HUGE coaster enthusiast. I have ridden some very large metal and wood beasts, but "record breaking" coasters lose their thrill quickly. I think Coasters have their own beauty, but they are a "reality" based attraction. They do not fit into the Disney culture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom