HUGE news/rumors

Imaginationeer

Original Poster
I met with my friend yesterday, who is a very reliable source and picked up some big information. Some are strong rumors, others are facts, so don't jump down my throat if you see something you don't like.

Imagination has been given an undisclosed, but reportedly small budget for it's refurbishment. Attraction closes around 9/20, Image works in January.

JUngle Cruise refurbishment scheduled for 2008 may feature addition of Timon and Pumbaa in some kind of pre-show video.

Space Mountain's 2008 refurbishment will simply bring refreshed track, Lighting, and new vehicles with impressive audio systems and LED screens.

The building of the living seas is going to turn completely blue. Light projectors have been installed near the building.

Spectromagic will close in january for the additions of new characters, Stitch, Lilo, Terk, Nemo, Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and a new villians float added onto the Chernabog float.

The soarin film change for next september has been given the green light for filming. The reason for the green light is that DLP is also recieving the same film for their soon to begin constructed version.

The changes to Fantasmic that i mentioned last month may not happen until the spring, but may be announced on 10/1

Big changes to toontown are going to be taking shape very soon. Expect to see characters from playhouse disney shows and maybe even a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show by April. Work should begin by November.

Thats it... for now. I expect to hear much more before 10/1!
Let the rumor mill begin!

Shaman

Thanks for info!! Some of it sounds great, others I'm a bit dissapointed about...lets see what happens.

So how many things are going to be announced 10/1?

raven

I guess that "undisclosed, but reportedly small budget" for Imaginations rehab isn't going to bring back the original version like previously rumored. :(

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I can confirm that the Seas building is going to turn blue. They've already started working on it from what I saw this weekend.

New2WDW

Great info! I have a question.....We will be down at the world on Oct. 1, where and how do they usually announce these big ANNOUNCEMENTS?

Thanks, just curious if it is a big stage event or something.
New2

Cosmo

pre-show for jungle cruise??? Would it be like tv's mounted over the queu? and why timon and pumba? Jungle cruise goes all over the world, not just Africa...hmmmm.....Don't think I would like this change....:lookaroun

PintoColvig

Imagination has been given an undisclosed, but reportedly small budget for it's refurbishment. Attraction closes around 9/20, Image works in January.
You have no idea how much I hope you are wrong. While there are other more important projects to be done around the World, I'd love to see a fix of the Imagination fiasco and not just a small refurb. Here's hoping that 9/20 comes and goes without a closing in FW West. :lookaroun

Imaginationeer

Original Poster
I am not exactly sure what the plan is for 10/1, but there will be abig press conference, the question is how many.
Ive been hearing about a MK conference, but there may also be one at the disney-PIXAR?!?!? studios
There will definetely be announcements on all and more of what i just told you. I hope to get more information by Friday and post it as soon as possible

L Fisher

Going to DW in October of 2007, please tell me that Soarin will be running!!!!! Wish thye would replace Spectromagic completely!!!

Bluewaves

Grow up with the Studios name being changed to Disney-Pixar, that is completely retarded, completely. If anything the MGM will be dropped and they will just be called the Disney Studios, no reason what so ever to add that Pixar on and thats if MGM even goes away. I remeber when a certain Jim Hill said a few years ago that MGM was going away but its still on the park so that was wrong too.

Do not believe anything Jim Hill tells you,

As for the other rumors lets hope some of them are true and we get a new video for soarin even though the current one isn't bad and that the seas are brought back to life.

Jerm

Yeah RUMOR is a good word to pre-face all of those with. It sounds like someone is pulling someones legs on a lot of those. JII refurb shuting down in less then a week???? Some how I think we would have heard a bit about this by now. But the one I would have gone "wait you are full of it" would have been the JC refurb, why fix something that is not broken????

J

SGT623

VERY excited over the idea of a few new additions to Spectromagic. I love that parade! Also exicited to see Space MOuntain get a small upgrade, the new Soarin' film has me worried though. Don't know why so many think it needs changed when it feels so perfect. I can only hope it is equally fantastic. Even if some of these never pan out, I want to thank you for sharing the info.

DisneySaint

I can tell you there are no plans to change the film any time soon. Unless your friend is an Imagineer no one else would know, anyways.

Meeko

Imagination- hmm.. interesting that it would close right before the October 1st announcement... you'd think they'd wait to announce something first before closing down the attraction? Wonder how it will work to keep Imageworks open while the downstairs is closed?

JUngle Cruise refurbishment scheduled for 2008 may feature addition of Timon and Pumbaa in some kind of pre-show video - Yuck. I really hope that this doesn't happen. Characters do not need to creep into every ride experience:lookaroun

Space Mountain's 2008 refurbishment :sohappy:

Spectromagic - seems like they wouldn't stop the whole parade but phase out the floats like they just did for SADCT. Change one or two at a time but keep the parade running.

The Soarin film :sohappy:

Big changes to Toontown.:snore: Eh, clearly I must need kids for this park of MK to be a draw to me.

Just my 2 cents...

Burgstressera

Lee or Corrus if you are out there.. can you confirm or deny if JII will be closing next week? For that matter can anyone else confirm or deny this - rather than just this one source.

I'm going down on September 30th through October 11th and even though I miss the old version of JII - I still want to be able to see Figment. :cry:

Wouldn't this also be on the Disney site as scheduled for refurb???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom