Huge Expedition: Everest Photo Update

t3techcom18

Great pics guys! This is gunna be super awesome...now I just have to convince my dad to have a day off from school to attend the Grand Opening when they do it, :lol: , i have a BIG feeling that this is like gunna be one, or the biggest job, that Imagineering has done in the element of theming. From the mountain itself, to the village and even the little rusty carts on the side, I can tell this would be bigger than we ever imagined, and I have a great feeling that it would certainly increase Ak's popularity and attendance would (and should) go up.

Great job WDI!! Keep it up!! :sohappy: :cool:

t3techcom18

Mr Smee said:
Does anyone know when the projected soft opening begins?

No one knows when it will actually start, but looking at the pics, and thinking how long they have test it by itself, put the plants, making everything nice and polished and safe for people, I'm guessing around between the beginning of February, to early or mid-March they should open it for soft openings. But of course, take this with a grain of salt, I'm just doing an estimate, not actual things. So, my guess is, the pivotal month to watch for soft openings is in Feb.

Hope this helps! :wave: :cool:

I thought i herd something about a waterfall comming off the mountain? If so where and is it going to still be on the mountain!?? Dont get me wrong, that's what i herd. . . a while ago:lookaroun

MickeyMan101

macsmom

It looks great! Can't wait until I can ride.

I assume soft opening is when they test it with people? But, before open to the public?

t3techcom18

macsmom said:
It looks great! Can't wait until I can ride.

I assume soft opening is when they test it with people? But, before open to the public?

Yup, that's it, they're technically open to the public, but only for a while, and so many can get in and all, it's not like everyone that's in the park can go in all the time. When they open it up for some hours, not through all park hours, like, for MS they did it from i think 1 to 4, and sometimes on certain days at 5. You just gotta be a little lucky and also be at the right time or place.

peter11435

Original Poster
MickeyMan101 said:
I thought i herd something about a waterfall comming off the mountain? If so where and is it going to still be on the mountain!?? Dont get me wrong, that's what i herd. . . a while ago:lookaroun

MickeyMan101
If you look at the concept art you can see where the waterfall will go.

KumbaRider

The fact that these pictures look exactly like the concept art makes it even more amazing. WDI has done a wonderful job depicting the conceptual aspects of the mountain to the actual attraction.

Where'd the Flag Go?

Is it me or has the Stars and Stripes been taken away. I thought it was great to add more patriotism, but i guess it just doesn't fit in with the mountain.
Anyway looks great can't wait to ride.
Great Pictures.

peter11435

Original Poster
disneydude2000 said:
Is it me or has the Stars and Stripes been taken away. I thought it was great to add more patriotism, but i guess it just doesn't fit in with the mountain.
Anyway looks great can't wait to ride.
Great Pictures.
That was only there for construction. It is tradition to place a flag on the top of a structure when it reaches its highest point. It was never meant to be part of the mountain.

DisKid

Thanks for the great pics.

I especially enjoyed seeing the side of the mountain with the degrading slope!! At least we know now that it's going to be all landscaping....which looks great and fits in incredibly well!

And while looking at these photos, I must say how much I like AK. WDI have really done amazing work on the landscapes and themes in this park....I wish it were open later more often to see it at night.

GoofBall06

these pictures are wonderful! i was at Disney last oct and it astounds me how much work has been done in a year! cant wait till it opens!

wdwishes2005

lol i hope its not open till it late december, earliest i can get my APs, cant wait for the pass holder previews, i want to be the first non-CM to get on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom