How's WDW Coronado Springs Resort?????

outlaw322

Hi, I'm going to WDW in July and we're staying at the Coronado Springs Resort. We've heard some overall positive things about it, yet there has been a few negative, so I was wanting to ask if anyone stayed at CSR, then how was it??? Your feedback is important. Thanks a lot.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Ah, Coronado Springs.

Stayed there once, I would not stay there again.

Positives: Pool is beautiful, as are the grounds, but then again, what Disney Resort doesn't have beautiful grounds. The theming of the pool and the surrounding area is just plain awesome. The buildings themselves are wonderfully themed, and the conference areas are extremely spacious.

Even though it was fully booked when I was there, it didn't seem busy. Never had a problem getting on a bus, they were always on time. (15-20 min wait tops.)

Negatives: Most bus rides are extremely long. Like I said, the waits weren't bad, its just the resort is more or less in the middle of nowhere, and it can take a very, very long time to get to the parks.

Food court is very lacking.

You might end up in a room that is extremely far away from everything.

My most major thing is the distance from the parks. It really seems like you are disconnected somehow. I am used to Port Orleans - Riverside in that the only "far" trip is Animal Kingdom, and since AK is a once in a trip park, for most people, that is not a big deal.

I did enjoy it there, but to me its a one time stay kind of place, unlike POR where I can stay every year and not get tired of it one bit.

Hope that helped a little.

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
JMHO:

I've stayed there twice. My brother swears by the place. It's a bit of a hike if you're using Disney transportation. I think the food court is good. The rooms in Casitas 4 are close to a quiet pool and the first bus stop. If the deal is good, I'd stay there again.

Lots of folks seem to like Port Orleans. To me they're about the same. Whatever's got the lowest price, I'd go with that.

Len

Upvote 0

RickEff

Outlaw,

I've stayed there three times now, and would gladly stay there again. I found the food there as good as any at a Moderate resort, and I loved the Pepper Market.

The bus rides are a bit longer than most resorts, except to Animal Kingdom, but heck - you're on vacation!

I'd recommend it a lot. It's my favourite moderate resort.

Rick

Upvote 0

LivefortheMouse

well to me this resort is beautiful. Its very well themed u fell like if ur in mexico. During christmas its a beauty. Make sure to have a cheese or southwestern omlet at the pepper mart there delicious. Also if u get ur rooms at las cabanas or casitas ull be closer to the lobby though los ranchos are beautifully themed on hills but far from lobby. Have fun and im sure u will enjoy csr.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Outlaw, I have stayed at the CS and am going to be doing so again in the first weekend in August. The Main pool area really is gorgeous. I dont know if any other pool area has struck me in the same way. I agree about the food court. I dont know if it is the best, but as an alternative to that I did the breakfast buffet at the Maya Grill and found that to be very good!! As far as lunch or dinner I Am usually in a park for that, so I really wouldnt notice. There is a bar area right outside the Pepper market area that is great for a relaxing nightcap!!! As previously mentioned the theming and ambiance is great. I am also a fan of PO Riverside too, but every once in a while the pool area calls to me!!! As far as the bus thing.....Jeez!!!! If that is the biggest worry.....:lol: :lol: :lol: Plan to have fun and enjoy it. Dont forget to check out the HUGE hot tub!!! Belle

Upvote 0

BigNorm

This is a great resort. We stayed there last year and really enjoyed it. We never ate at the food court or restaurant or food court, but we did take advantage of the gift shop. The rooms too were great, very comfortable. We liked it and will most likely stay there again in the future.

Upvote 0

barnebd5

the pool was great but we had a long walk to get there because of where our room was, I didnt really like the food court. but other than that it was a nice resort.

Upvote 0

Mary Ellen

Originally posted by Thrawn
Ah, Coronado Springs.

Stayed there once, I would not stay there again.

Positives: Pool is beautiful, as are the grounds, but then again, what Disney Resort doesn't have beautiful grounds. The theming of the pool and the surrounding area is just plain awesome. The buildings themselves are wonderfully themed, and the conference areas are extremely spacious.

Even though it was fully booked when I was there, it didn't seem busy. Never had a problem getting on a bus, they were always on time. (15-20 min wait tops.)

Negatives: Most bus rides are extremely long. Like I said, the waits weren't bad, its just the resort is more or less in the middle of nowhere, and it can take a very, very long time to get to the parks.

Food court is very lacking.

You might end up in a room that is extremely far away from everything.

My most major thing is the distance from the parks. It really seems like you are disconnected somehow. I am used to Port Orleans - Riverside in that the only "far" trip is Animal Kingdom, and since AK is a once in a trip park, for most people, that is not a big deal.

I did enjoy it there, but to me its a one time stay kind of place, unlike POR where I can stay every year and not get tired of it one bit.

Hope that helped a little.

I agree with everything you said. Our room was so far away from everything, including the pool, I hated it. I also love POR. For me, theming has a lot to do with my choice of resort. I would not stay CS again.

Upvote 0

jmewin

I stayed at the CS 4 years ago. I would not go back. It is tooo big and spread out. There is a long walk to the bus. I got lost for the first half of my vacation going anywhere. The food was marginal. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

jmewin

I stayed at the CS 4 years ago. I would not go again. The layout was confusing and I got lost numerous times during the first half of my vacation. The food was not great either. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

secretsquirrel

Coronado

Coronado

+ Pools
+ Walk around the lake
+ Multi - Bus stops (Stops to MK seemed to be shortest.
+ Close to Blizzard water park.

- Everything can seem far away if not in the right room.
- If going with a group and staying at same resort, definitely call ahead to get rooms in same building. We did and they still put us in different buildings in different areas of the resort.
- Resort also has a large daily conference crowd (just doesn't seem to fit with those there for vacation to get away from that type of energy and environment).
- Late night food (snacks only.)

Upvote 0

outlaw322

Original Poster
Man, there's a lot of negative things about this place. We've got reservations there, but with the way things are sounding, I don't know. We will be there 5 nights. The only other place we could switch to that everyone in my family would want to go to would be the Caribbean Resort. I really wanted to try CSR out but, it sounds not that great. Is there anyone out there that actually liked this hotel??????

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom