How's the coffee these days?

Prince-1

Disclaimer: I am NOT a coffee snob. I don't use beans harvested under a full moon by virgins; I don't even grind my own beans. I think the sacred Starbucks tastes like burned mud.

Joffrey's is much better than Starbucks!!

Also, I highly recommend trying coffee that was picked by virgins. It tastes MUCH better.

Phonedave

LOL - so true (as a NY'er myself and living right on the Hudson, I wouldn't even swim in it)!

So glad this thread came up as I was going to post the question as well (and I am by no means a coffee snob but require my 16 oz cup of joe to get me through the day)! When we were there last month and stayed at POFQ, the coffee was absolutely disgusting and I couldn't pinpoint the reason. I tried both the packet in the room using Zephyrilis bottled water, as well as purchasing a cup at Sassagoula Floatworks, and both were just off. I was previously at AKL in Nov 2017 and the coffee at the Mara was perfectly fine, so wasn't sure if the composition or brand changed in 9 months time (or does AKL have different coffee than the moderate resorts)? Either way - I couldn't wait to get back home to grind my beans (good old Columbian Roast from BJ's)!

Does anyone remember the "Mickey's Diner"/"Really Swell Coffee" which was sold in the canisters in the parks? What brand was that?

We used to buy the "Really Swell Coffee" and use it in the room when we were at the parks. I may have an empty can of it laying around here somewhere, I don't know if it has the make on it or not.

I am far from a coffee snob, but I do like decent coffee. I actually like Eight O'Clock as my regular coffee. If I make a trip down to Fairway markets, I but their house brand. I don't like regular Starbucks, but will tolerate a blonde roast.

The Nescafe concentrated coffee syrup they used to have at WDW was just downright nasty. the Joffery's stuff if much better (but I think they could clean their urns more frequently)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
As another person who despises Starbuck's coffee, McDonalds has a better cup of coffee. I have had good luck with the in room coffee makers. I prefer to bring a small water filter or bottled water to use. Also I don't hide the taste of the coffee with sugar or creamer.
I prefer Starbucks over Dunkin' but I do not drink the Pike Place regular brew from Starbucks. It is crap. I prefer Cafe Verona or Sumatra or Komodo. Even McDonalds is better than Dunkin.
You guys must have different McDs around you than what I have. Even after the whole McCafe makeover I still find their coffee almost undrinkable. I want to like it since it’s so convenient with the drive through but I just don’t care for it. I don’t find it to be hot enough either. If I’m feeling lazy or unfit to be truly out in public so need the drive through I still go Dunkin over other fast food. If I’m going in at a chain place for coffee then Wawa is my first choice, but that’s regional so not everyone has them.

Last week while staying at the Yacht Club, I walked over to the Beach Club Marketplace and noticed that they had Joffrey's cold brew available next to the Coke Freestyle machine. I hadn't seen this anywhere before. Maybe that's something that will be spreading to other resorts? As someone who prefers iced coffee in that Florida heat, it made me pretty excited.

ppet

You guys must have different McDs around you than what I have. Even after the whole McCafe makeover I still find their coffee almost undrinkable. I want to like it since it’s so convenient with the drive through but I just don’t care for it. I don’t find it to be hot enough either. If I’m feeling lazy or unfit to be truly out in public so need the drive through I still go Dunkin over other fast food. If I’m going in at a chain place for coffee then Wawa is my first choice, but that’s regional so not everyone has them.
Not every establishment meets the same quality level. The staff at different McDonalds can have a huge effort on quality as can other factors such as water quality. I am a big tea drinker also and the best tea I have had is from a McDonald's in Moscow Idaho of all places. But more often than not my McDonalds coffee is on point. Especially true in airports.

danheaton

I have not enjoyed coffee at McDonald's, which is typically on par with gas station coffee for me. It gets the job done but has no real flavor. Starbucks is middle of the road for me but a step up from McDonalds. I'm not a big fan of Joffrey's, which I know many Disney fans enjoy. It definitely has flavor but leaves a weird aftertaste. I'd take Starbucks over Joffrey's at the parks.

Phonedave

Not every establishment meets the same quality level. The staff at different McDonalds can have a huge effort on quality as can other factors such as water quality. I am a big tea drinker also and the best tea I have had is from a McDonald's in Moscow Idaho of all places. But more often than not my McDonalds coffee is on point. Especially true in airports.

Exactly. I have had both good and bad coffee from QuikCheck, 7-11, Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, and a variety of other places. One of the biggest factors I have found is how well they clean their machines.

While I am not a fan of Starbucks, their coffee is consistent. They do a good job of making it the same, every time, in every location.

Around here, I have found the local QuikChek to be consistent, and pretty good, as well.

-dave

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I’ve never had McDs coffee at an airport so I’ll have to give it a try. I agree it varies by location. Unfortunately all I’ve found at locations near me is bad, terrible and even worse than the last one.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
While I am not a fan of Starbucks, their coffee is consistent. They do a good job of making it the same, every time, in every location.

This. I love giving ‘ma and pa’ type places the business but sometimes you just need a guarantee that a coffee will get the job done and that’s what Starbucks is good for- for me at least.

jessfriends

Last week while staying at the Yacht Club, I walked over to the Beach Club Marketplace and noticed that they had Joffrey's cold brew available next to the Coke Freestyle machine. I hadn't seen this anywhere before. Maybe that's something that will be spreading to other resorts? As someone who prefers iced coffee in that Florida heat, it made me pretty excited.

Thanks for sharing as I was wondering if they had Coke Freestyle machines and I love Joffrey's! Do you know if it was self serve so I could use the refillable mug for it?

dieboy

You will find all of Disney Joffreys coffees here:
https://www.joffreys.com/disneyparksandresorts

I do believe Joffreys has market share next to starbucks on property. I do not believe they serve any other brand(s) on property. FYI, the Kona coffee is Joffreys also :)

I drink whatever. I know the difference between a conical burr grinder and french press coffee vs a store bought, but I do drink it all. I actually order a couple of the Disney coffees every so often.

mf1972

i was hoping with the recent refurbishment at POFQ, they would’ve installed keurig machines in the rooms like the did at CSR.
i get used to joffrey’s after awhile. just my preference for keurig.

I have not enjoyed coffee at McDonald's, which is typically on par with gas station coffee for me. It gets the job done but has no real flavor. Starbucks is middle of the road for me but a step up from McDonalds. I'm not a big fan of Joffrey's, which I know many Disney fans enjoy. It definitely has flavor but leaves a weird aftertaste. I'd take Starbucks over Joffrey's at the parks.
This. I love giving ‘ma and pa’ type places the business but sometimes you just need a guarantee that a coffee will get the job done and that’s what Starbucks is good for- for me at least.

What is "the job" that needs to get done?

MiddleGaElite08

I've never gotten coffee at Kona Cafe, but is it possible to order a single cup of coffee of the Kona "to go"? Also, someone commented about the sushi restaurant next door having the coffee as well, but menus I have seen say "Kona Blend" and not the true 100% Kona Coffee that Kona Cafe seems to have.

jediyves

I'm a beans and grinder guy. All about the Dark Roast with no cream or milk or sugar.
If I see a french press brewing in a coffee shop, I go for that one. Having said that, if there's nothing else but Starbucks, I will go for the buck.

The drip coffee at the Intermission food court in the All Star Music Resort was pretty good for a lighter dark roast.
At Hollywood Studios, I only a coffee from the Trolley Car Cafe, which they serve Starbucks coffee. It might have been a special bean back in April, but the roast had a particularly great aroma.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom