News Howling dog returns to the WDW Haunted Mansion's queue

N2dru

Awesome! Now if TDO would just tear out that awful new queue...
Seriously, I was just typing the same thing when I read your comment. The original queue was great and created that sense of foreboding and suspense. The graveyard with the howling dog & atmosphere along the queue was entertainment enough IMO. No need for the gags and tricks of the interactive queue. If it ain't broke Disney...😊

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

So glad to hear this is back! I love it so much that I've had that howl set as a notification tone in my phone for years.

(The "castle thunder" sound effect is my text tone - with the phone's light set to flash so I have a little Haunted Mansion thunderstorm in my pocket whenever I get a message :cool:)

ABQ

Didn't even know it was missing, but how does it take a more than a year to fix a sound effect like that? Please don't just say $$$.

Cmdr_Crimson

Does anyone know/could share why it's no longer intended to play all day? It's an effect I've loved over the years.

Edit: Just to clarify - The effect is very much part of the spooky ambiance of the exterior for me. It's all part of the setup to the ride.

Does it make sense on a very sunny day? Which Florida is Common for?;)
Homer Simpson Thinking GIF

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Seriously, I was just typing the same thing when I read your comment. The original queue was great and created that sense of foreboding and suspense. The graveyard with the howling dog & atmosphere along the queue was entertainment enough IMO. No need for the gags and tricks of the interactive queue. If it ain't broke Disney...😊
They KNEW FP+ was going to increase stand-by wait times. That's why the interactive queue was installed.

Imagineer999

Original Poster
Does anyone know/could share why it's no longer intended to play all day? It's an effect I've loved over the years.

Edit: Just to clarify - The effect is very much part of the spooky ambiance of the exterior for me. It's all part of the setup to the ride.

I heard it was WDI's choice to have it only play at night. I don't know why they chose to do that, but maybe it's to match the other things that only play at night such as the thunder and lightning, crickets, and night birds. Like maybe they wanted to only offer the extra spooky stuff at night.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
I heard it was WDI's choice to have it only play at night. I don't know why they chose to do that, but maybe it's to match the other things that only play at night such as the thunder and lightning, crickets, and night birds. Like maybe they wanted to only offer the extra spooky stuff at night.

Sounds logical. Now we just have to persuade them to add an exclusive effect during the day. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom