How would you feel if Disney decided to no longer offer fireworks?

dixiegirl

Ok, it would'nt ruin my vacation but (pardon the expression) really suck....Kinda the first thing that came to mind!

erasure fan1

If they eliminate fireworks, will they also adjust the price of admission accordingly, since one of their major entertainment offerings has been axed?

Actually they wont eliminate fireworks, what they will do is install a large projection screen that they can raise and lower behind the castle. This way they can give us a classic Disney experience without all the hassle and cost of real fireworks. And if they want to go next gen they can do something similar to boom boom rocket. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr1obzMvbuo
www.totalvideogames.com_6463_68541.jpg

I dont know, just a thought.

:lookaroun

Animaniac93-98

It wouldn't suprise me if Disney in the future were to cut down the number of days per week fireworks are offered. Staring with just Monday nights, then Tuesdays... They've already reduced the number of Fantasmic shows.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It wouldn't suprise me if Disney in the future were to cut down the number of days per week fireworks are offered. Staring with just Monday nights, then Tuesdays... They've already reduced the number of Fantasmic shows.

Every night is busy at the MK, why would they not do fireworks on a Monday, it's just as busy as a Wednesday? Is a Monday ticket cheaper than a Friday ticket?

Animaniac93-98

Every night is busy at the MK, why would they not do fireworks on a Monday, it's just as busy as a Wednesday? Is a Monday ticket cheaper than a Friday ticket?

I said I woudn't be suprised, I didn't say I'd agree with the reasoning. :lol:

I don't recall the demand for Fantasmic decreasing either.

Lord Pheonix

this is a completely pointless question. this would simply never happen. ever. disney parks are the single largest consumer in the world for fireworks. they use more fireworks in a week between all their parks then all other towns, cities or small countryis combined do in a year. last i heard their total consumption was in the neighborhood of 500,000 tons a year, but im sure thats more now with all the new events and celibrations going on in their parks all over the world.

they also supposedly have the 3rd largest navy in the world, bigger then us, even. if u were to count every watercraft they own, barges, jet skies, ferries etc. think what would happen if they armed them all. TOTAL DISNEY WORLD DOMINATION!!! lmao

majorrfb

I would be extremely disappointed. Fireworks are one of the few things now that separate them from the competition. It is a Disney Difference.

The fireworks is VERY important to us. The nightly presentations makes the Disney experience seem like a big time holiday for us. It IS the Disney difference.

Mickey_777

I would be bummed. Not because I care for the show but because that's when lines die down on most E tickets. Let everyone else watch the fireworks, I want to hit attractions.

Rescue Ranger

:eek: at such a subject.

Even if I don't always watch them, just knowing they are there or going on makes it more "magical" and a big part of what makes WDW....WDW!
Plus yea, it helps with crowd levels during them.

6laurac

Very sad. Esp. since my daughter hasn't seen them yet and Epcot's show is worth sitting on the concrete for 30 minutes to get a good seat.

MK-We watch from the outside of the park to avoid the crowd.

bgraham34

Seeing the fireworks happening around you while walking around the park at night all adds to the magic and enhances my experience. If this was taken away it would certainly lose some of its magic.

koryadams

They use alot of pyro and fireworks, it would probably make attendance go down a little bit and no one would stay late in the parks because thats their nighttime entertainment. That would ruin fantasmic, stage shows, finale of magic memories and you! I mean Disney without fireworks....horrible thought!

the-reason14

It would probably be the biggest devastation this board has seen since a row of burnt out light bulbs and the broken AAs on the riverboat on splash mt. But people would still book their trips I'm sure.

Walt Disney1955

The Fireworks are the perfect way to cap off your day at Disney. It sort of puts the whole park into perspective, the whole EXPERIENCE into perspective. You really experience the magic of Disney when you see it. I've seen fireworks at other parks like King's Island on July 4th weekend and they did a great job of it, in fact I was at eye level up top the Eiffel Tower replica when I saw it. But whether its there, or at a ballgame, it just is never the same. Disney does it best.

PhilharMagician

For me it would be an extreme disappointment. When Fantasmic was reduced to just 2 days a week, I can certainly tell you that I did not visit DHS as much and certainly left the park earlier than I normally would when F was running.

I can say it would certainly change my time in the parks and like Epcot I tend to have a few drinks each evening walking aroud WS waiting for Illuminations which would most likely stop.

Vader2112

The Fireworks are the perfect way to cap off your day at Disney. It sort of puts the whole park into perspective, the whole EXPERIENCE into perspective. You really experience the magic of Disney when you see it. I've seen fireworks at other parks like King's Island on July 4th weekend and they did a great job of it, in fact I was at eye level up top the Eiffel Tower replica when I saw it. But whether its there, or at a ballgame, it just is never the same. Disney does it best.

What is amazing is that Disney does it daily!!! A top Shelf fireworks display every night!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom